A Childish Question

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum

Sorry, this is gonna be a very childish question :redface: if thats alrightyy.

Okkk I was just thinking, there are times where people feel upset or angry about things. And there are times where they feel happy. Well, I was just wondering, does Allah (swt) feel upset sometimes? :confused: Asthghfirullah, forgive me if I said something wrong. But you know, He (swt) gets angry when we disobey Him right? And He is happy and proud of His servant when they do something good. But is Allah (swt) ever upset with His servants?? You know, the bad feeling of being upset. I'm not talking about anger because those are two different things. But that bad, bad feeling that makes one feel...umm...upset lol. Anywayss, has it ever been mentioned anywhere in the Quran where Allah was upset? Or when He feels upset??

I hope its alright to ask things like this. I'm asking because I really don't like it when someone is sad. Its drives me crazyyyyy! Like when I heard about sister fatima1994 and how she was feeling very sick, it made me SO upset, and when I read brother shaheerpak's thread, it made my heart sink. But imagine my Lord being upset with me SubhnAllah :( I wouldn't like the feeling of that!

Soo yeaaaa, I hope I havent said anything wrong. Please forgive me if I have, and I ask my Lord to forgive me as well.

Thankxx

:hearts:

Wasalaam.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Feelings, as we know them, are a creation of God. They do not apply to Him. When God says He is angered by the rejection of the disbelievers, for instance, it's an expression that brings the scene to our minds. The reality of it is unlike our reality because there is none like God. Our feelings can impair our judgment but God's "feelings" can never do that. Can you see the difference?

It is perfectly OK to ask any and all questions. That's the only way to learn. However, some questions cannot be answered because they deal with matters that are either kept from us, i.e., Al-Ghayb, or matters that are beyond our comprehension, e.g., the nature of God. So, asking those questions is futile because nobody but God knows the answers.

I believe the answer to your question is yes. God says in the holy Quran, "If you disbelieve - indeed, God is Free from need of you. And He does not approve for His servants disbelief." (39:7) You can tell that God is expressing sadness that some of His servants choose disbelief.

The prophet, peace be upon him, said, "God gets happier that His servant repented than a man traveling through the desert and losing his camel then finding her again!" That hadeeth makes one feel God's sorrow for His disobedient servants and joy for their comeback!

SubhnAllah, I never thought of that.

"When God says He is angered by the rejection of the disbelievers, for instance, it's an expression that brings the scene to our minds."

Thats so true. I forgot that we cannot give human qualities to Allah. And yes those expressions are only so we can understand it a bit.

You know, that was a very good point MashaAllah :)

JazakAllah.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I have learnt from this thread. Alhamdhulillah! Jazakumullah khair both of you my brother and sister.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

IbnAhmad

Assalamu Alykum. :)

Jazakallahu Khair for the benefical thread. May Allah SWT bless you. Ameen.

Wassalam.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I have learnt from this thread. Alhamdhulillah! Jazakumullah khair both of you my brother and sister.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Assalamualaikum
JazakAllah khair I have also learnt something!

Assalamu Alykum. :)

Jazakallahu Khair for the benefical thread. May Allah SWT bless you. Ameen.

Wassalam.

Walaykumu salam warahmatulahi wabarakatu

I'm happy you learned from this thread :) I also learnt from it Alhumdulillah!

May Allah bless you all.

:tti_sister:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
jazakallaha khaira for your questions sister.i learn something from them myself:).

and jazakallah khaira brother ayman1 your answer was nice.:)

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:
jazakallaha khaira for your questions sister.i learn something from them myself:).

and jazakallah khaira brother ayman1 your answer was nice.:)

Walaykumu salam habibti :)

Wayaki, I'm super duper happy you learn from them :blackhijab:

And yes his answer was beautiful MashaAllah

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
Feelings, as we know them, are a creation of God. They do not apply to Him. When God says He is angered by the rejection of the disbelievers, for instance, it's an expression that brings the scene to our minds. The reality of it is unlike our reality because there is none like God. Our feelings can impair our judgment but God's "feelings" can never do that. Can you see the difference?

It is perfectly OK to ask any and all questions. That's the only way to learn. However, some questions cannot be answered because they deal with matters that are either kept from us, i.e., Al-Ghayb, or matters that are beyond our comprehension, e.g., the nature of God. So, asking those questions is futile because nobody but God knows the answers.

I believe the answer to your question is yes. God says in the holy Quran, "If you disbelieve - indeed, God is Free from need of you. And He does not approve for His servants disbelief." (39:7) You can tell that God is expressing sadness that some of His servants choose disbelief.

The prophet, peace be upon him, said, "God gets happier that His servant repented than a man traveling through the desert and losing his camel then finding her again!" That hadeeth makes one feel God's sorrow for His disobedient servants and joy for their comeback!
Well said 100% agreed