Parenting in Islam

azmirush

:salam2:
Is there a website on parenting in Islam? I have three growing up kids who have to be reminded on everything..solah especially. I've been reciting duas for them to be better muslims all the time. And always hope Allah would show them the right path..:wasalam:

amiirish

:salam2:
Is there a website on parenting in Islam? I have three growing up kids who have to be reminded on everything..solah especially. I've been reciting duas for them to be better muslims all the time. And always hope Allah would show them the right path..:wasalam:

Assalamu alaikum,
I do not know of any particular website however recently i attended a course by sheikh Riad Ourzazi in which he mentioned some tips on how to bring up children. Here they are!:

*Discipline by example- be a role model for your kids, e.g. if they see you pray and you are consistent in your prayers then for them it will become something normal and inshaAllah they will pray aswell.
*Build their emotions- play with them, show them a different side of yourself where you can laugh and have fun with them and buy them gifts from tome to time.
*Give them advice- e.g. the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) gave advice to ibn Abbas while he was riding behind him, when giving advice choose the right time and place, also choose the right words when advising.
*Continuity in advising them- be continous in giving them advice, dont just tell them once and expect them to remember. e.g. at 7 you teach them about prayer and from then on always remind them and advise them to pray and at 10 you beat them if they do not pray.
*Make dua for your children- the dua of the parents is accepted so make dua for good for them and do not curse them.
*Even if your kids fail at something praise them and do not make them feel bad to help build their self-esteem.
*Show them that you love them, the sheikh used the example of once when the Prophet was sat with the sahaaba Faatimah came and entered so the Prophet let Faatimah sit in his place, so instead of telling them off and telling them to leave the adults to talk be sincere.
*Start Islamic Education at an early age.
*Consult with them- when there are decisions to be made get them involved, talk to them.
*The parents should agree on a strategy to bring up the children otherwise when one parent says something contradicting the other it confuses the child.
*Never lie to your children- remember they learn by example and also do not bring them up that they are forced to lie-e.g. your child drops a glass and it breaks so you smack the child, the next time if the child breaks anything he/she won't admit to doing it because they fear getting smacked etc.
*Use humour with your children- smile!!!
*Regular family gatherings- get together as a family and talk e.g. everyday at 9 the whole family has to get together at home for a family gathering.

Anyway I hope this helps inshaAllah!!