Any Tips?....

IbnAhmad

Assalamu Alykum Brothers and Sisters. :)

Alhamdulilah I got some good news for you all... I have an interview for a Job (First One! > :D) on the 9th of December, I was wondering if you guys have any tips for me, they would really be appreciated. Jazakallahu Khair. Dua's Requested. May Allah SWT guide us All. Ameen.

Keep Smiling guys!... > :D:D:D:D

Wassalam.

hana*

firstly be your self, just be genuine.

2nd. make sure you know the ins and outs of that company thoroughly
3rd. do you know why you really want that job and what do you have to offer them?
4th. they might ask you about youre greatest achievement or how do you over come stress etc
5th they may ask what are youre weaknesses and how do you overcome them
6th remember to smile ;)
7th if you dont know how to answer a question just say 'thats a good question but im sorry i need some time to think about that'
8th whatever you do dont lie about anything or over exaggerate, they'l catch you out

Good luck and say surah al-fatiha many times before you enter the room

:wasalam:

IbnAhmad

firstly be your self, just be genuine.

2nd. make sure you know the ins and outs of that company thoroughly
3rd. do you know why you really want that job and what do you have to offer them?
4th. they might ask you about youre greatest achievement or how do you over come stress etc
5th they may ask what are youre weaknesses and how do you overcome them
6th remember to smile ;)
7th if you dont know how to answer a question just say 'thats a good question but im sorry i need some time to think about that'
8th whatever you do dont lie about anything or over exaggerate, they'l catch you out

Good luck and say surah al-fatiha many times before you enter the room

Assalamu Alykum. :)

Jazakallhu Khair. Wonderful Advice and Much Appreciated My Dear Sister.> :D:D:D:D May Allah SWT protect you and keep you steadfast. Ameen

Wassalam.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Wa'alykum Salaam,

Above you are given very good points to consider, Masha'Allah. :) Thank to both brother & sister.

And akhi, remember to be prepared to answer questions such as:
  • Why should they employ you and not the other say 20 people they have interviewed (i.e. what is special about you)
  • How credit crunch is affecting their industry
  • Are you a natural leader or born follower
  • How do you interact with people at different levels
  • How do you think you would get on on 'The Apprentice'?

If it's one of top companies and position is quite high, from their questions one might think they are trying to trick you into contradicting yourself or something, but stay calm and be confident - they only want to understand whether your personality will match or clash with the people you will be working with if you are given that job.

I hope you get this job, Insha'Allah. :)

Wa'salaam

IbnAhmad

• Dress conservatively and elegantly.
  • Arrive no later than 5 minutes and no earlier than 15 minutes before the appointment.
  • If you worked anywhere else before, do not say anything bad about your former employers.
  • Learn about the company, its products, its history and its founders and mention some of it that you admire to your interviewer.
  • Have some questions to ask.
  • Ask why this position is open!
  • Do not bring up the subject of salary. If you are asked, say that you're agreeable to whatever the market is.
  • Always keep eye contact. In our cultures, eye contact is often improper while in the West no eye contact is considered rude! But of course, don't stare :)
  • Give a firm but quick handshake when you leave.
  • Follow the interview with a letter or email of thanks and some compliments on anything you liked, even office decor.

Best wishes of success. :)

That was awesome Akhi. ;) Jazakallahu Khair. May Allah SWT reward you Immensely. Ameen ;)

Take care Buddy. Wassalam.

IbnAhmad

Wa'alykum Salaam,

Above you are given very good points to consider, Masha'Allah. :) Thank to both brother & sister.

And akhi, remember to be prepared to answer questions such as:
  • Why should they employ you and not the other say 20 people they have interviewed (i.e. what is special about you)
  • How credit crunch is affecting their industry
  • Are you a natural leader or born follower
  • How do you interact with people at different levels
  • How do you think you would get on on 'The Apprentice'?

If it's one of top companies and position is quite high, from their questions one might think they are trying to trick you into contradicting yourself or something, but stay calm and be confident - they only want to understand whether your personality will match or clash with the people you will be working with if you are given that job.

I hope you get this job, Insha'Allah. :)

Wa'salaam

Assalamu ALykum

Jazakallahu Khair Akhi. Much Appreciated. ;) May Allah SWT reward you. Ameen.

One last thing.... Your a Cool Dude :lol:

Wassalam. >:D:D:D:D

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'laikum salaam akhi

First job huh? mann, that's a bummer:)
Well, i'll keep you in my du'aas insha'allah!!
Just remember to be yourself and i'm sure you're nervous but don't shw 'em that:)
And remember to Say "Tawakkaltu 'Ala Allah"!!! And of course "Bismillah" first.
All the best akhi!!

IbnAhmad

^

Jazakallahu Khair for your advice Sister Jamilah. Short and Sweet MashaAllah.
May Allah SWT reward you. Ameen. :)

Take Care. Wassalam. :D:D:D

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Inshallah you get the job!

May Allah bless and just be who you are and if they
don't seem to hire you for that... Then it's
certainly a big loss for them and you're fit somehwere better!

Sorry to jump to conclusions but yea...

Salam!

IbnAhmad

Inshallah you get the job!

May Allah bless and just be who you are and if they
don't seem to hire you for that... Then it's
certainly a big loss for them and you're fit somehwere better!

Sorry to jump to conclusions but yea...

Salam!

InshaAllah Ta'ala I shall do Sister. Jazakallahu Khair for the advice and some beautiful words. Much Appreciated. ;)

No need to be sorry about jumping to conclusions.. It's best when it's short and sweet. :) hehe!

Take Care. Wassalam.

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
:salam2: Brother,

May Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala make it easy for you to go through the interview process. I have added some links that I have used in the past to help me for job interviews. Insha’Allah this information will be of benefit to you (and others) too.

Job Interview Questions and Best Answers:

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/a/interviewquest.htm

Info on types of interview, preparation, how to impress, questions etc:

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/documents/Applications__CVs_and_interviews/Interviews.pdf?id=3466

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
*takes notes*

This is just the information I need. I too have a job interview on the 6th. Though, its in Marriott Hotel, and I'm thinking they're not likely to hire a hijabi. What a bummer.. I would've loved all the luxury!

Still, I'll try and think positive. Best of luck to you, akhi!

IbnAhmad

*takes notes*

This is just the information I need. I too have a job interview on the 6th. Though, its in Marriott Hotel, and I'm thinking they're not likely to hire a hijabi. What a bummer.. I would've loved all the luxury!

Still, I'll try and think positive. Best of luck to you, akhi!

Jazakallahu Khair for you words of encouragement Sis. Much Appreciated. ;) I pray you are also successful with your Interview InshaAllah.

Wassalam.