Confusion about Tahajjud

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

I have this big confusion about Tahajjud prayer, Do u need to sleep then wake up to pray tahajjud or no?

I read that you can pray tahajjud anytime at night without the need to sleep but then i also come across articles that say you need to sleep in order to pray tahajjud could someone clear the confusion ??

JazakAllah khair

yameenahmed

:wasalam:

I have read in one article stating that you should sleep before performing thajjud salath ... you should atleast sleep for 10 minutes and then wake up for prayer....... however you will get your answer soon brother

HIBBA2009

Daughter of Adam
Asalamalikum

THE CORRECT TIME FOR TAHAJJUD

The time of Tahajjud extends from the time of Isha' Solat until Subuh Sadiq (true dawn). Ahadith related from Aishah RA state that Nabi Muhammad SAW sometimes performed Tahajjud in the early portion of the night and on occasions when half the night had passed. However, towards the latter part of his life he frequently performed it in the last portion of the night. As the night progresses, Allah Ta'ala's Mercy and Blessings increase. Hence, the last portion of the night is most preferred.

DU'A TO ASSIST ONE IN AWAKENING FOR TAHAJJUD

A person remarked to Abdullah ibn Abbas RA:

"I always intend awakening in the last portion of the night to perform Solat but sleep overpowers me."

Abdullah ibn Abbas RA replied:

"Before sleeping recite from "QUL LAW KAANAL BAHRU MIDADAL..." to the end of Surah Al-Kahf. Allah Ta'ala will waken you at whatever time you intend rising."

n Allah knows best

The_truth

I have this big confusion about Tahajjud prayer, Do u need to sleep then wake up to pray tahajjud or no?

I read that you can pray tahajjud anytime at night without the need to sleep but then i also come across articles that say you need to sleep in order to pray tahajjud could someone clear the confusion ??

JazakAllah khair

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, you can perform it after Isha however there is much more reward if you have 2 or 3 hours of sleep and then awaken to read it. That is why this prayer is so superior to other nafil prayers because one has to wake up in the middle of ones sleep to pray and stand in the night when others are asleep praying to ones lord.

The best time to wake up for tahajjud is in the third portion of the night and that is when dua's are also readily accepted.

May Allah give us the ability to pray Tahajjud everyday. Ameen

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:wasalam:

I have read in one article stating that you should sleep before performing thajjud salath ... you should atleast sleep for 10 minutes and then wake up for prayer....... however you will get your answer soon brother

yes, but the article i just recently read did not state anything about being able to pray tahajjud without sleeping, but JazakAllah khair for the reply Ukhti

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Asalamalikum

THE CORRECT TIME FOR TAHAJJUD

The time of Tahajjud extends from the time of Isha' Solat until Subuh Sadiq (true dawn). Ahadith related from Aishah RA state that Nabi Muhammad SAW sometimes performed Tahajjud in the early portion of the night and on occasions when half the night had passed. However, towards the latter part of his life he frequently performed it in the last portion of the night. As the night progresses, Allah Ta'ala's Mercy and Blessings increase. Hence, the last portion of the night is most preferred.

DU'A TO ASSIST ONE IN AWAKENING FOR TAHAJJUD

A person remarked to Abdullah ibn Abbas RA:

"I always intend awakening in the last portion of the night to perform Solat but sleep overpowers me."

Abdullah ibn Abbas RA replied:

"Before sleeping recite from "QUL LAW KAANAL BAHRU MIDADAL..." to the end of Surah Al-Kahf. Allah Ta'ala will waken you at whatever time you intend rising."

n Allah knows best

JazakAllah khair Hibba, very beautiful answer.

I think i will use this dua , well try to use it, cuz waking up is the hardest part.

Thank You very much for explaining it well in detail and to the point :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, you can perform it after Isha however there is much more reward if you have 2 or 3 hours of sleep and then awaken to read it. That is why this prayer is so superior to other nafil prayers because one has to wake up in the middle of ones sleep to pray and stand in the night when others are asleep praying to ones lord.

The best time to wake up for tahajjud is in the third portion of the night and that is when dua's are also readily accepted.

May Allah give us the ability to pray Tahajjud everyday. Ameen

ameen to ur dua :)

Inshallah taala i will try to sleep and pray it that is my goal usually but sometimes if im up very late i pray it without sleeping thats why the confusion arose,

JazakAllah khair for clearing it thou

and Allah (swt) knows best

May Allah (swt) accept all of our deeds - ameen

The_truth

it's sunnat or naffil?

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, it is actually the most virtuous of all Nafil prayers. It is one of the best ways of attaining closeness to Allah and gaining the highest ranks of Paradise. For Rasulallah (Pbuh) it was obligatory to pray everynight.