what has happened to tti?

hana*

:salam2: everyone i hope you are all in good health and happiness.

when i first joined tti, i thought it was the greatest website ever, i learned so much from everyones posts. honestly, everyone on here is so nice and may Allah reward you all for youre efforts.

recently i have seen a deterioration on tti. whilst i do not blame anyone but the shaytan, i just want to kindly request everyone that before we post anything or reply to anyone that we re-read what we are about to submit. we have to remember that the person reading the reply is relying SOLELY on what is written, they have no idea of youre facial expression, tone of voice, body language etc

i learned at uni that the message itself is only 9% of what the recepient comprehends, the rest of the 'message' is interperated based on the persons body language, tone of voice, facial expression etc and since this is not the case in a written reply, it is easy to see why the other person can take offence.

it is sad to see that threads have to be closed but it is to stop things getting out of hand. i hope everyone can forgive and forget. you are all amazing people on here :)

:wasalam:

Hana

Ibn Uthaymin

when i first joined tti, i thought it was the greatest website ever, i learned so much from everyones posts. honestly, everyone on here is so nice and may Allah reward you all for youre efforts.

recently i have seen a deterioration on tti. whilst i do not blame anyone but the shaytan, i just want to kindly request everyone that before we post anything or reply to anyone that we re-read what we are about to submit. we have to remember that the person reading the reply is relying SOLELY on what is written, they have no idea of youre facial expression, tone of voice, body language etc

i learned at uni that the message itself is only 9% of what the recepient comprehends, the rest of the 'message' is interperated based on the persons body language, tone of voice, facial expression etc and since this is not the case in a written reply, it is easy to see why the other person can take offence.

it is sad to see that threads have to be closed but it is to stop things getting out of hand. i hope everyone can forgive and forget. you are all amazing people on here :)

Hana

Assalamu alykum.

Can you elaborate a bit more ?

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:salam2: sis
yes indeed ive realised about it too
but i think its everybody responsibility to keep the situation peace and calm
moreover its always back to our intention of being here in tti
i wish lots of happiness and loves to all our brothers and sisters in islam :SMILY259:

one0onedreamer

Salam

I so know what you mean. People are starting to take things personal when they are truly directed to everyone in general.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥

Hana

Manshallah sis i'm glad you brought this topic forth, Re-reading a message helps a lot and i've learned that it was 7% for the words used, 38% by the persons tone, and 55% by the body language. I was actually shocked in my psychology class when i learned this and we must remember that when we write something we eliminate 93% of the "whole picture" and rely on that 7 or 9 percent of communication and people can read it with whatever tone they assume and body language is out of the picture (w/o emoticons ofcoarse :SMILY288:) lol anywho thanks again for reminding us.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

yes right. may Allah save us frm shaitan.

but we'll find good/bad ppl everywhere. ppl who are emotional/practical, mature/ignorant.... same @ TTI. but we cant run away frm society, then why frm TTI! here the good is more than bad. :)

btw, how studies find 9%, 7%....:confused: i think there r very specific numbers.:D

hana*

Manshallah sis i'm glad you brought this topic forth, Re-reading a message helps a lot and i've learned that it was 7% for the words used, 38% by the persons tone, and 55% by the body language. I was actually shocked in my psychology class when i learned this and we must remember that when we write something we eliminate 93% of the "whole picture" and rely on that 7 or 9 percent of communication and people can read it with whatever tone they assume and body language is out of the picture (w/o emoticons ofcoarse :SMILY288:) lol anywho thanks again for reminding us.

thank you sister lala09, it is so true though, when i speak to patients, half the time they probablly cant remember everything i say to them- they rely on my tone of voice- alhamdulilah im soft spoken- and my facial expression - i always smile to everyone no matter what. anyway i hope nobody on here has any hard feelings for anyone, we are all here for the sake of Allah.

:D :D :D

hana*

yes right. may Allah save us frm shaitan.

but we'll find good/bad ppl everywhere. ppl who are emotional/practical, mature/ignorant.... same @ TTI. but we cant run away frm society, then why frm TTI! here the good is more than bad. :)

btw, how studies find 9%, 7%....:confused: i think there r very specific numbers.:D

everyone is good on this website, i have learned loads from everyone :)

i think they would have conducted random trials and surveys and asked highly specific questions to large members of the public in relation to communication and concluded that the message itself is of 7-9% importance lol, i kinda agree from experience.

:)

waalaikum asalam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam alikom

Jazaaki Allah Khair sister, you are right the issue that most of the people like to reply to a any thread or post no matter if what they writting.

I hope every one read these thread and read each and every posting under this sticky.

YOUR POSTS ON TTI

Wa salaam