please help me.............

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: respected brothers ans sister.

My question is regarding crying to ALLAH.it was stated in one of the threads that those who don't cry-or may be can't- are experiencing hardness of heart.which occurs because of excessive eating,sleeping etc.

well Idon't think i eat too much.breakfast and dinner,nothing in between.and i usually stop myself before i'm full.i admit i'm a sleepyhead but i have tried to reduce that.wake up early and stuff.but when it comes to crying i still can't cry.

it's really hard for me(and embarrassing)i read or see something.my heart aches.and throat constricts,and i have goose bumps all over,and then it ends there.i am left there hanging,praying my foolish eyes would shed a few tears.but nothing..it's really painful.what can i do about it.

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Are we talking about an *emotional-state* or a *computer function* here?!

You cannot make yourself cry upon *the desire* to doing so!..and should you be able to do so ukhti...

Then ponder this...

Rasulullah (salla Allaho 'alayhi wa sallam) said in a hadith...

"There is a [piece of] flesh within the body if it is rectified, [then] the whole body is rectified, and if it is spoiled [then] the whole body is spoiled, and it is the heart" [Bukhari]

Do you sense the *vitality* of *the heart?!*

Now ask yourself the following...

If your the tears of your eyes not only *fill* them but *stream* out of them..and your heart is dry...hollow...and hard...do the tears of your eyes hold any value?...do they matter..will they serve a purpose?!

Of course they wont!

If you want to cry...make your *heart* cry..make your *nafs* cry..and *then* sit down to make your *eyes* cry...the heart is where your *iman* lays...not *the eyes*...if your heart is soft..if it's never full from Allah's Words..and all it seeks is His love and being committed to Him...*then*..move on to making your *eyes* tear up!

And should you accomplish that..and in-fact..your eyes begin to fill with tears of shame..love..provocation..or khushu'u...then keep them between you and Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala)..What is *to* and *for* Allah is *to* and *for* Him..*speaking* about it..or *writing* about it...makes it *to* and *for* others..and you're doing nothing but exposing that spiritual *jewel* of a moment to the tarnish of Shaitan and the weakness of the nafs!..if you're crying these tears *for Him*..then keep them a secret from all creation..because that's *the very* definition of *iman* and *sincerity*...and that's *the very* condition of a heart that is rectified and soft with Allah's Love!..and that's *the most sincere* of crying!

I hope you understand what I am trying to pass on to you ukhti! :)

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
I CANT EITHER!!!!! SUBHNALLAH MY HEART IS SOO HARD!!!! HARDER THAN A ROCK!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE TO FORCE THEMSELVES TO NOT CRY BUT ME....ITS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!!!! SUBHNALLAH!!!!

AND I CRY WHEN I LISTEN TO NASHEEDS....
BUT WHY NOT QURAN!!!!!!!! I CRY TO HUMAN WORDS BUT NOT ALLAH'S WORDS!?!?! SUBHNALLAH!!!

May Allah help us shed tears for His sake only :(

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
If you want to cry...make your *heart* cry..make your *nafs* cry..and *then* sit down to make your *eyes* cry...the heart is where your *iman* lays...not *the eyes*...if your heart is soft..if it's never full from Allah's Words..and all it seeks is His love and being committed to Him...*then*..move on to making your *eyes* tear up!

SubhnAllah sister, thats so true. Our eyes will not cry until our heart does.

But my heart doesnt even cry!! :(:(:( Asthghfirullah

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
:salam2:

brothers and sisters please don't say that your heart is soooo hard...there is a du'a by the way...Allahumma yaa muqalibal quloob thabbith quloobana 'ala deenik
oh turner of the hearts, keep my heart stedfast upon your deen

may that will help. Also when you get the time sit down and think about every favour of Allah, every punishment that He speaks of for the sins that we commit...you can't just force yourself like the sister said above...the tear come from true fear...Umar ibn Al Khatab used to hold his hand in fire and used to say to himself oh Ibn al Khatab how will you bare the punishment of Allah when you cannot bare this, after he shouted at a sahabi for asking him to solve a problem...long story go through the umar series from Anwar Al awlaki

crying also comes out of Love for Allah and the Love for what He SWT loves aswell...that includes the blood of a muslim no matter what some foolish people may say

wslm hope that helped

arzafar

you cant force yourself to cry, it just happens.
like when you understand, concentrate, focus on the words during salah or when reciting the quran. or when you pray or when you see something that reminds you of Allah. it just happens out of nowhere. Subhanallah!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Walaykumu salam

I'm sorry sister, did I say something wrong?

As-salaamu `alaykum

No. I believe she is trying to say that by reading and understanding the Qur'aan, with faith will cause one to weep. So read from a translation which reflects it's meanings, if you do not understand Arabic.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
But my heart doesnt even cry!!

Like a child...a heart is *raised* and *nurtured*..so if you want your heart to cry out of love and humility to and for Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala)...then you have to *raise* it..*nurture* it..and *tend* to it by *teaching* it the deen..and *practicing* it as Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) decreed and commanded..because when you do so...things such as...making your salat..fasting..making dhikr..or reading the Qura'an will have a meaning that is *deep* and *otherworldly* which you will *savor* in a way too powerful to even express in words nonetheless in *emotional-states* such as crying

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Assalamu Alaikum,

I would also like to suggest that you learn more about Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala so that you can love Him and fear Him more. I recommend that you:

1) Increase your rememberance of Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala:

Please recite the various daily supplications everyday such as glorifying Allah, repenting, morning and evening du’as, du'a for going to the bathroom, du'a for eating, du'a for drinking etc). When you remember Allah, He remembers you and this will hopefully make you more aware of Him.

Link:
http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/

2) Get to know Allah better (and fear Him) by:

· learning the 99 beautiful names and attributes of Allah.
· reading Qur’an daily with understanding. Even if you do not know Arabic, please read Qur'an in the language you best understand.
· reading the biographies of the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam and his Companions. They provide excellent examples and encouragement for us.

3) Read about things that increase and decrease your emaan:

· Strive to do deeds that increase your emaan.
· Make an effort to stay away from sins.

4) Make lots of du’a:

Ibn Mas’ud (radiyallahu 'anhu) said, "Allah does not accept du’a from the conceited, the one who flaunts and the one who is not serious, (He accepts only) from a person who praises and asks from his heart."

I pray that Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) accepts our good deeds and grants us His mercy.

Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said:
"Allah has one hundred mercies, out of which He has sent down only one for jinn, mankind, animals and insects, through which they love one another and have compassion for one another; and through it, wild animals care for their young. Allah has retained ninety-nine mercies to deal kindly with His slaves on the Day of Resurrection.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
As-salaamu `alaykum

No. I believe she is trying to say that by reading and understanding the Qur'aan, with faith will cause one to weep. So read from a translation which reflects it's meanings, if you do not understand Arabic.

Walaykumu salam

Ohhhhhh okay! :) Sorry for not understanding the first time, sister al-fajr.
Ohh and thankx :)

rightpath_357

Awwwwww sis. The sis who first commented was right. Make your heart cry first- and I think you've ALREADY done that!!!!:)
Sis- u DON'T need to cry from your eyes if your heart does. Be happy- don't think that going into depression will help because it will not. Allah will forgive you for your exxesive sleeping- if you still do- if He see's that who have tried hard to stop.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
I CANT EITHER!!!!! SUBHNALLAH MY HEART IS SOO HARD!!!! HARDER THAN A ROCK!!!!!! SOME PEOPLE TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE TO FORCE THEMSELVES TO NOT CRY BUT ME....ITS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!!!! SUBHNALLAH!!!!

AND I CRY WHEN I LISTEN TO NASHEEDS....
BUT WHY NOT QURAN!!!!!!!! I CRY TO HUMAN WORDS BUT NOT ALLAH'S WORDS!?!?! SUBHNALLAH!!!

May Allah help us shed tears for His sake only :(

maybe bcoz you can understand nasheed and not Quran. did you try to listen to Quran's recitation in ur language?

someone told that try to cry and if you cant cry, then cry bcoz you cant cry.

sometimes we need a catalyst like an emotional story, visions of poor humble ppl to soften the heart.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
please don't mind but brothers and sisters please keep the events of crying out of fear for Allah between you and Allah your losing out sooo much by telling others really...the benifits come from the advises on how to soften the hearts not in letting them no about your own experiences...im only saying this because i don't want you guys to lose out on the reward... and please don't get me wrong im not saying ur not sincere about your fear for Allah or love for Allah...There is also another another saying (not sure if it is a hadith) we should hide our good deeds the way we hide our bad deeds

wallahu t'ala 'alam

wasalaam

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

• Take the movies, music, TV, and any other such thing out of life COMPLETELY.
  • Joing the company of good people
  • Remember Death
  • Fear Allah
  • Read weeping of Prophet, Companions, and salaf.
  • Spend sometime ALONE with Allah subhana wa Ta'la every day
  • Contemplation (Tafakkur) upon the reality of this world and hereafter
  • Remembering the Day ...when we will be standing in front of our LORD and we'll have to answer HIS questions.
  • Ponder and read authentic supplications taught by Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam.
  • Understnding and pondering over the meanings of Qur'an. How on earth can your eyes remain dry on the words of Allah AwzooJall.
  • AND PRAY TO ALLAH

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad to them): Believe in it (the Qur’aan) or do not believe (in it). Verily, those who were given knowledge before it, when it is recited to them, fall down on their faces in humble prostration.

108. And they say: Glory be to our Lord! Truly, the Promise of our Lord must be fulfilled.

109. And they fall down on their faces weeping and it increases their humility”

[al-Isra’ 17:107-109]

“Those were they unto whom Allaah bestowed His Grace from among the Prophets, of the offspring of Adam, and of those whom We carried (in the ship) with Nooh (Noah), and of the offspring of Ibraaheem (Abraham) and Israel, and from among those whom We guided and chose. When the Verses of the Most Gracious (Allaah) were recited unto them, they fell down prostrate and weeping”

Maryam 19:58]

It was narrated that Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “Recite the Qur’aan to me.” I said: “O Messenger of Allaah, shall I recite it to you when it was revealed to you?” He said: “I like to hear it from someone else.” So I recited Soorat al-Nisa’ to him, and when I reached this verse – “How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad) as a witness against these people?” [al-Nisa’ 4:41] – he said: “That is enough for now.” I turned to him and saw his eyes were streaming with tears. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5050; Muslim, 800

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/46911/how to cry for Allaah

May Allaah help us and you to do that which our Lord loves and is pleased with him.