I'm losing my memoryy!!!

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaikum

I hope everyone is doing very, very well.

SubhnAllah, I’m losing my memory!! It’s really starting to scare me now. I forget things soo easily, like everything just slips outta my mind. Sometimes I forget if I have prayed five times or not. :eek: SubnAllah. And almost always, I forget how many rakats I have prayed, even when I’m concentrating. And I even forget which surah I have recited in the rakat before!! Can you believe that! SubhnAllah!!!

I don’t know what’s going on. Maybe I’m getting old lol. But still…I don’t think I’m THAT old to lose my memory. You know, I told my dad about this and he was like maybe it’s because of my mum because she is cursing me left, right, and center!! Lol And always asking Allah to make me forget about my prayers :( You think this could be a reason? I hope not, because she has said much more terrible things than this….

Please make dua for me. Is there anything I can do to help strengthen my memory? Anything? :(

Thankx for your time :(

Wasalamz

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
assalamualaikum sister

may Allah help us.
I have the same problem too.
I think it is multifactorial.
But I believe if you really pray from Allah to not to be forgetful or losing memory, Allah will help you.
At least I think I'm better now. Alhamdulillah.
Sorry if this isnt helpful.

Assalamualaikum

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

1. Allah makes the unlawful curses ineffective. so if ur mother is cursing you unlawfully, no need to worry.

but why she curses? are they really illegitimate? bcoz if a person curses who dont derserve it, it comes back to the person who curses. so it could prove bad for ur mom.

2. do you have the habit of forgetting since childhood. i mean were u same even in school days? because its in the genes of some ppl to forget short-term acts. eg. where they kept their glasses, keys, etc.

Allahumma inii as'aluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa hifthal mursaleen al-muqarrabeen. I ask You for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to You.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
No You are not losing your memory!

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh ukhti fillah,

what you have mentioned is most probably nothing to do with you "losing your memory". What you described effects a lot of people. In Islam it is called "Wiswaas" and it is from Shaitan. May we seek refuge in Allah from his evil.

"Evil whispers during prayer and at other times come from the Shaytaan, who is keen to misguide the Muslim and deprive him of good and keep it far away from him.

One of the Sahaabah complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about waswaas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He [the Sahaabi] said, I did that and Allaah took him away from me.
(Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

Proper focus (khushoo’) is the essence of prayer. Prayer without proper focus is like a body without a soul. The following are two of the things that help one to develop the proper focus:

1 – Striving to think about what you are saying and doing, pondering the meanings of the Qur’aan, dhikr and du’aa’s that you are reciting; bearing in mind that you are conversing with Allaah as if you can see Him. For when the worshipper stands to pray, he is speaking to his Lord, and ihsaan means worshipping Allaah as if you are seeing Him, and knowing that even though you cannot see Him, He sees you. Every time a person experiences the sweetness of prayer, he will be more inclined to do it.

This depends of the strength of one's faith – and there are many means of strengthening one’s faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Of the things of your world, women and perfume have been made dear to me, and my joy is in prayer.” According to another hadeeth he said, “Let us relax, O Bilal, with prayer,” and he did not say, Give us a break from it.

2 – Striving to ward off the things that may distract you during prayer, namely thinking about things that are irrelevant or distracting. Waswaas affects each person differently, because waswaas has to do with a person’s level of doubts and desires and the degree to which a person is attached to other things or is fearing other things.
(From Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/605)

With regard to what you say about the waswaas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswaas that makes you think about Allaah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And if an evil whisper from Shaytaan (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allaah. Verily, He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Knower” [Fussilat 41:36]

Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth: “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytaan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kaafir, he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswaas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswaas is pure faith, or that waswaas is a sign of pure faith.

The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswaas happens to everyone who turns to Allaah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytaan. “Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan” [al-Nisa’ 4:76 – interpretation of the meaning]. Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah, waswaas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytaan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to move towards Allaah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswaas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytaan do with a house in ruins?”
(From Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

The remedy:
1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswaas, say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allaah.’ Then the Shaytaan says, ‘Who created Allaah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger). Then that will go away from him.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 116).

2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it.

Finally we advise you to keep on turning to Allaah in all situations, and to ask Him for help, and to beseech Him, and to ask Him to make you steadfast until death, and to cause you to die doing righteous deeds… And Allaah knows best.

From Islam Q&A

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Thankx everyone for your replies.

You know, its not only about prayer. Like sometimes when someone gives me a few things to do, I will only remember one. And I know that there's something else I am supposed to do, but I just cant remember what it is :confused: And it was never like that before.

SubhnAllah, I ask Allah to help meee!! :(

sharazad

Sister
Thankx everyone for your replies.

You know, its not only about prayer. Like sometimes when someone gives me a few things to do, I will only remember one. And I know that there's something else I am supposed to do, but I just cant remember what it is :confused: And it was never like that before.

SubhnAllah, I ask Allah to help meee!! :(

Salam aleikum :)

I think youre stressing, and thats why forgetting things. :) Maybe you need to rememeber too many things, and instead of remembering, youre forgetting. Stop pushing yourself, buy a calender to write things down, make notes about small things, and try not to stress :) Inshallah you will notice you start to remember things again. This happened to me too, and i felt really bad about it, but it passed :)

You mentioned something about your mum, maybe that is distracting your mind, and you feel like you dont remember things. Just sort your mind out, and Inshallah you will notice change.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
assalamualaikum sister

may Allah help us.
I have the same problem too.
I think it is multifactorial.
But I believe if you really pray from Allah to not to be forgetful or losing memory, Allah will help you.
At least I think I'm better now. Alhamdulillah.
Sorry if this isnt helpful.

Assalamualaikum

Walaikumus salam

Yes I will pray to Allah, for sure. And I'm glad your better now Alhumdulilah :)

May Allah help us all. Ameen

:wasalam:

1. Allah makes the unlawful curses ineffective. so if ur mother is cursing you unlawfully, no need to worry.
but why she curses? are they really illegitimate? bcoz if a person curses who dont derserve it, it comes back to the person who curses. so it could prove bad for ur mom.

2. do you have the habit of forgetting since childhood. i mean were u same even in school days? because its in the genes of some ppl to forget short-term acts. eg. where they kept their glasses, keys, etc.

Allahumma inii as'aluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa hifthal mursaleen al-muqarrabeen. I ask You for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to You.

Read: 10 Ways to boost your memory

Ohh seriously?! Allahu Akbar!! :):)

I don't know why she does, actually. She's just always mad at me. I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. But sometimes...well actually ALL the time whenever she needs something, she calls me...and I'm praying...and THATS why she gets mad and starts cursing. But its not my fault!!! I dont do it on purpose!!! So she cant blame me for this, but I cant blame her either...

And no I didnt have the habit of forgetting things. My memory was actually very, very good MashaAllah.

"Allahumma inii as'aluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa hifthal mursaleen al-muqarrabeen. I ask You for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, and those nearest to You."

I will remember this or try to (lol) InshaAllah. JazakAllah brother.

There are many memory courses out there. I'm sure you can google some.

But this is not a memory issue, IMHO. It's a distraction issue. You have a lot on your mind. And you know Satan, he will take every chance to distract you from prayer or in it. He knows that the reward of prayers is not complete without concentration in it, so he keeps reminding you of worldly affairs while you're praying so that you lose concentration.

First of all, realize that losing concentration in prayer is normal and is not a sin. When this verse was revealed,
107_5.png
"Who are distracted from their prayer." (107:5)
`Umar (ra) breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Thank God He didn't say, 'who are distracted in their prayer'!"

I trust that you make Sujood-us-Sahw (prostration to make up for distraction)? Then you don't have to worry. Can you pray Jamaa`a with your dad?

Thats truee. But how about forgetting the surah I read in the Rakat before? I dont think that should happen :confused: Ohh and I always forget if I have prayed five times, at the end of everyday :shymuslima1:

Nurain

It's happening to me too.. I have missed rakaats during solat, my final exam, and my life has took a turn down hill a bit. But one thing which I have improved on is understanding of the Deen alhamdu lillaah..

sister/brother remember Allaah can take what he wills. on the other hand, maybe u can try improving it by memorizing the Qur'an... lol im trying that

in sha Allaah

(p/s some people told me to eat raisins too)

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh ukhti fillah,

what you have mentioned is most probably nothing to do with you "losing your memory". What you described effects a lot of people. In Islam it is called "Wiswaas" and it is from Shaitan. May we seek refuge in Allah from his evil.

"Evil whispers during prayer and at other times come from the Shaytaan, who is keen to misguide the Muslim and deprive him of good and keep it far away from him.

One of the Sahaabah complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about waswaas during prayer, and he said: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my prayers and my recitation, confusing me therein.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a devil called Khanzab. If he affects you seek refuge in Allah from him and spit drily to your left three times.” He [the Sahaabi] said, I did that and Allaah took him away from me.
(Narrated by Muslim, 2203)

Proper focus (khushoo’) is the essence of prayer. Prayer without proper focus is like a body without a soul. The following are two of the things that help one to develop the proper focus:

1 – Striving to think about what you are saying and doing, pondering the meanings of the Qur’aan, dhikr and du’aa’s that you are reciting; bearing in mind that you are conversing with Allaah as if you can see Him. For when the worshipper stands to pray, he is speaking to his Lord, and ihsaan means worshipping Allaah as if you are seeing Him, and knowing that even though you cannot see Him, He sees you. Every time a person experiences the sweetness of prayer, he will be more inclined to do it.

This depends of the strength of one's faith – and there are many means of strengthening one’s faith. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Of the things of your world, women and perfume have been made dear to me, and my joy is in prayer.” According to another hadeeth he said, “Let us relax, O Bilal, with prayer,” and he did not say, Give us a break from it.

2 – Striving to ward off the things that may distract you during prayer, namely thinking about things that are irrelevant or distracting. Waswaas affects each person differently, because waswaas has to do with a person’s level of doubts and desires and the degree to which a person is attached to other things or is fearing other things.
(From Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/605)

With regard to what you say about the waswaas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswaas that makes you think about Allaah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And if an evil whisper from Shaytaan (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allaah. Verily, He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Knower” [Fussilat 41:36]

Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth: “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.”

And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytaan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kaafir, he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswaas, rather he can play with him however he wants. Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswaas is pure faith, or that waswaas is a sign of pure faith.

The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswaas happens to everyone who turns to Allaah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytaan. “Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan” [al-Nisa’ 4:76 – interpretation of the meaning]. Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah, waswaas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytaan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to move towards Allaah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswaas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytaan do with a house in ruins?”
(From Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

The remedy:
1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswaas, say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allaah.’ Then the Shaytaan says, ‘Who created Allaah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger). Then that will go away from him.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 116).

2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it.

Finally we advise you to keep on turning to Allaah in all situations, and to ask Him for help, and to beseech Him, and to ask Him to make you steadfast until death, and to cause you to die doing righteous deeds… And Allaah knows best.

From Islam Q&A

Walaikumu salam warahmatulahi wabarakatu

JazakAllah brother. That was a good read.

Hopefully I'm not losing my memory...

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Salam aleikum :)

I think youre stressing, and thats why forgetting things. :) Maybe you need to rememeber too many things, and instead of remembering, youre forgetting. Stop pushing yourself, buy a calender to write things down, make notes about small things, and try not to stress :) Inshallah you will notice you start to remember things again. This happened to me too, and i felt really bad about it, but it passed :)

You mentioned something about your mum, maybe that is distracting your mind, and you feel like you dont remember things. Just sort your mind out, and Inshallah you will notice change.

Walaikumus salam

Beautiful advice sister ;) Maybe thats why.

May Allah reward you with the best of rewards. Ameen.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
It's happening to me too.. I have missed rakaats during solat, my final exam, and my life has took a turn down hill a bit. But one thing which I have improved on is understanding of the Deen alhamdu lillaah..

sister/brother remember Allaah can take what he wills. on the other hand, maybe u can try improving it by memorizing the Qur'an... lol im trying that

in sha Allaah

(p/s some people told me to eat raisins too)

oh yes. Find out what He has replaced for you, something better.............. :)))

Ohh really?! I hope you are getting better my dear sister :)

Yes I will try memorizing Quran :) InshaAllah

Ohh and I've heard that too, eating raisins ;) I hope it all works

Wasalam

:hearts:

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Natural Ways for Improving Memory

Olive Oil - Olive oil is one of the best foods for improving memory. It is high in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and is also polyunsaturated. With its wide array of benefits, olive oil should be used daily. The suggested dose is 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil mixed with lemon juice (extracted from 1/2 lemon.) The mixture should be taken daily, just before sleeping.

Folate and B Vitamins - To improve memory, consume plenty of foods loaded with B vitamins. Patients with a deficiency in B vitamins and folate demonstrated forgetfulness, memory loss, confusion, dementia and depression.

Honey - Studies show that consuming raw honey can improve memory. It also offers many other health benefits. Raw honey calms nerves and relieves anxiety, thereby promoting relaxation and rest. One to two teaspoons per day is recommended.

Rosemary - Rosemary acts as a decongestant and astringent. It is good for digestion and circulation problems, and it relaxes the stomach. Rosemary isn't just an excellent herb for cooking; it can also relieve headaches and menstrual cramps, and it regulates blood pressure.

Ginger - Ginger has long been used as a remedy for stomach distress, as it relieves inflammation, nausea, vomiting and pain, and it increases circulation. Ginger can also cleanse the colon. Ginger also remedies hot flashes, morning sickness and motion sickness. 1 cup per day of ginger tea is recommended.

Nutrients from the sea

Fish has been called, "brain food" for good reasons. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids that contribute to brain health. Interestingly, iodine, also from the sea, is an important nutrient used by the brain. Iodine is present in seaweed and in iodized salt. Oysters contain zinc that stimulates nerve functioning and activity, and cognitive function.

Vitamins for the brain

1. Acetyl-l-carnitine is also found in the brain. It protects your brain cells and increases blood flow in the brain. One of its important functions is to synthesize the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, which helps with memory by increasing activity of the mitochondria in brain cells. Research with acetylcholine with Alzheimer and diabetic patients showed improved brain chemistry.

2. Vitamin B12 helps repair nerve fibers in the brain. Research shows that it may also decrease the blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine, which decreases brain function.

3. Vitamin E - A nationally funded study of vitamin E showed that it protects nerve cells from damage, possibly from its antioxidant effects. The study used high doses that should be prescribed by a physician, as vitamin E can interfere with blood clotting medications.

4. Omega-3 fatty acids - Omega-3s are found in the fatty membranes in nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown that omega-3s can reduce dementia. The FDA has now allowed food supplements to post health claims on labels of omega-3s that state, "Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease." The recommended dose, according to the FDA, is 3 grams a day.

Herbal Brain Enhancers

1. Ginseng is an adaptogen that helps improve brain function by increasing the release of hormones. Ginseng has been used to treat those with learning disabilities.

2. Gingko Biloba: Acts as a tonic to the circulatory system by increasing blood flow to the brain, which also brings more nutrition to the brain. Several compounds of the plant are thought to provide the functions of both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to the brain. Ginkgo is a traditional Chinese herbal medicine and further research in its usefulness in brain chemistry is ongoing.

3. Bacopa is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve brain function since the 6th century.

4. Huperia serrata has been used in Chinese medicine to aid brain function. The mechanism seems to imitate that of FDA approved drugs so clinical trials are underway in the National Institute on Aging.

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2: my Sister,

Hope this helps. Good lecture!

[yt]aQRZocj0CL8&feature[/yt]

Olive Oil - Olive oil is one of the best foods for improving memory. It is high in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and is also polyunsaturated. With its wide array of benefits, olive oil should be used daily. The suggested dose is 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil mixed with lemon juice (extracted from 1/2 lemon.) The mixture should be taken daily, just before sleeping.

Folate and B Vitamins - To improve memory, consume plenty of foods loaded with B vitamins. Patients with a deficiency in B vitamins and folate demonstrated forgetfulness, memory loss, confusion, dementia and depression.

Honey - Studies show that consuming raw honey can improve memory. It also offers many other health benefits. Raw honey calms nerves and relieves anxiety, thereby promoting relaxation and rest. One to two teaspoons per day is recommended.

Rosemary - Rosemary acts as a decongestant and astringent. It is good for digestion and circulation problems, and it relaxes the stomach. Rosemary isn't just an excellent herb for cooking; it can also relieve headaches and menstrual cramps, and it regulates blood pressure.

Ginger - Ginger has long been used as a remedy for stomach distress, as it relieves inflammation, nausea, vomiting and pain, and it increases circulation. Ginger can also cleanse the colon. Ginger also remedies hot flashes, morning sickness and motion sickness. 1 cup per day of ginger tea is recommended.

Nutrients from the sea

Fish has been called, "brain food" for good reasons. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids that contribute to brain health. Interestingly, iodine, also from the sea, is an important nutrient used by the brain. Iodine is present in seaweed and in iodized salt. Oysters contain zinc that stimulates nerve functioning and activity, and cognitive function.

Vitamins for the brain

1. Acetyl-l-carnitine is also found in the brain. It protects your brain cells and increases blood flow in the brain. One of its important functions is to synthesize the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, which helps with memory by increasing activity of the mitochondria in brain cells. Research with acetylcholine with Alzheimer and diabetic patients showed improved brain chemistry.

2. Vitamin B12 helps repair nerve fibers in the brain. Research shows that it may also decrease the blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine, which decreases brain function.

3. Vitamin E - A nationally funded study of vitamin E showed that it protects nerve cells from damage, possibly from its antioxidant effects. The study used high doses that should be prescribed by a physician, as vitamin E can interfere with blood clotting medications.

4. Omega-3 fatty acids - Omega-3s are found in the fatty membranes in nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown that omega-3s can reduce dementia. The FDA has now allowed food supplements to post health claims on labels of omega-3s that state, "Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease." The recommended dose, according to the FDA, is 3 grams a day.

Herbal Brain Enhancers

1. Ginseng is an adaptogen that helps improve brain function by increasing the release of hormones. Ginseng has been used to treat those with learning disabilities.

2. Gingko Biloba: Acts as a tonic to the circulatory system by increasing blood flow to the brain, which also brings more nutrition to the brain. Several compounds of the plant are thought to provide the functions of both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to the brain. Ginkgo is a traditional Chinese herbal medicine and further research in its usefulness in brain chemistry is ongoing.

3. Bacopa is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve brain function since the 6th century.

4. Huperia serrata has been used in Chinese medicine to aid brain function. The mechanism seems to imitate that of FDA approved drugs so clinical trials are underway in the National Institute on Aging.

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com

JazakAllah my dearest sister :) That lecture was great mashaAllah, and the article as well :)

Thank you, May Allah reward you with the best of rewards. Ameen

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

if you think negative then thats what you end up doing

if you are positive with trust in Allah, you will succeed

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aleekum,

I feel u girl....i have a bad memory too...n now im starting to think that its because my mom curses me out left and right as well...including my dad...u know yemeni people they r #1 with temper...

salam,