Britain's shadow chancellor's brother takes Shahadah!

ManchesterNick

Salaamualaikum!

I've just come across this story that the brother of Britain's shadow chancellor (almost certain to become the chancellor by next year) has converted to Islam and is now called Mohammed! He's just married though and I fear that it's not good he was in a relationship for so long before marriage. However, it is great news! This story is quite close to me as he learnt about Islam at my local Masjid (although I never saw him) and also studied medicine in Manchester. Alhamdulillah!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ornes-brother-Muslim-marry-love-14-years.html

The link comes from not the most Islamic-friendly tabloid though....

Anyway,

salaam.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asslam'u Alykum,

It's indeed a good news. Another Muslim! May Allah help him steadfast in Islam. Thank you for sharing with us, brother.

Wa'salaam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

thanks for sharing,

i dont think there are any "Islamic friendly" tabloids. Thats why they are also called the "gutter press".

Assalamu Alaykum,

Good news indeed. The more known people become muslim the more will be the word of Islam spred and accepted Inshallah.

Assalamu Alaykum

Artemis

Banned
Assalamu alaykum,

thanks for sharing,

i dont think there are any "Islamic friendly" tabloids. Thats why they are also called the "gutter press".

Sorry to correct you but that is not why they are called the gutter press, it is because the gutter press tend to sensationalize and emphasize or exaggerate sensational crime stories, gossip columns repeating scandalous and innuendos about the deeply personal lives of celebrities and sports stars, and other so-called junk news items.

hana*

thanks for posting, i missed that story- and yes you are correct all the tabloids here are absolutely anti-islamic, which is why i hardly read them and also this is the reason as to why there are so many wrong misconceptions about islam and muslims.

i dont believe that he became a muslim to marry his now-wife, the daily mail would say that ofcourse. i also dont think that he will become shadow chancellor as a result of his entering Islam- the enemies of islam will try dim him out.

:wasalam: