new home

uk brother

salaam, ive recently bought a house.im hoping to be moving in this weekend.wanted to know.....do i have to pray any special prayer in the house before i move in etc

im asking because i am a pakistani, when somebody buys a house in my culture, they get the local imam, make a few dishes including sweet ones, the imam then makes a prayer...... any hadeeth on this, or is this innovation in religion through cultural activities. thanks

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
salaam, ive recently bought a house.im hoping to be moving in this weekend.wanted to know.....do i have to pray any special prayer in the house before i move in etc

im asking because i am a pakistani, when somebody buys a house in my culture, they get the local imam, make a few dishes including sweet ones, the imam then makes a prayer...... any hadeeth on this, or is this innovation in religion through cultural activities. thanks

:salam2:

Sounds like an innovation, brother. I haven't come across any hadeeth that suggest to do as above mentioned.

arzafar

it's an innovation if it is done as a practice
but i think there is never any harm in voluntary prayers or feeding the poor.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

:salam2:

Brother the best thing you can do is read Qur'an in the house (specifically surat Al-Baqarah) every 3 days .

Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1707:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not make your houses as graveyards. Satan runs away from the house in which Surah Baqara is recited.

Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1705:

Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When any one of you observes prayer in the mosque he should reserve a part of his prayer for his house, for Allah would make the prayer as a means of betterment in his house.

:wasalam: