Rude Muslim Hating Maintenance Men???!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum

There were these two Mexican maintenance men who work at my apartments i live at. And they were fixing something in my bathroom, near my room. I was sleeping and heard them laughing out loud, speaking in spanish, and heard the word-

"Terroista"

mentioned TWICE. I was really offended. One of them close the door, the open bathroom door after that. Then they started whipsering more in Spanish.

I got aaaaangry. :<

Especially, since they're really double faced and are always smiling, and being nice to my dad and family. What's up with that???

I can't report them because our manger is very mean, and is Mexican as well. So I see her taking their side more. What should I do?

Thanks for any answers!!!!

RandyJackson

Sister, let it go. Such mentality is highly associated with low socioeconomic status. My sister-in-law is a psychologist and she always stresses this. Forgive them and let them say whatever they want.

kiki18

you shouldn't get mad sadly my people are still very ignorant about muslims :( please don't get mad. instead of getting mad talk about islam or how muslims really are so that their ignorance is no more. give them the benefit of th doubt, this can take care of your anger since you didn't know for sure of what they were saying for sure. :( Mexico is still very ignorant and prejudice country about muslims, yet a lot of us mexicans are very open minded.
hope everything goes well and they stop being rude. if not then remember that they are in the hands of the All Just Allah.

hope it helps sis
as salum aleykum

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
^^^^ Salam sis, no no the brother was just joking. Inshallah he was just trying
to cheer up sis Aisha because she was angry.

Educate to make a difference people!

Salam

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

When confounded with ignorant people, all we have to do is try explaining to them what they are ignorant about in a very good manner as the prophet(sallallahu aleihi wassalam) suggested.

your anger will only feed theirs and as such you lose an opportunity to educate someone about the beauty of islam.

When people are scared they always think of the negative and am sorry it isnt because of your socio economic status.

:tti_sister:

RandyJackson

Kiki18,
Brother Ayman happens to be one of the most insightful and educated members I've met. You have insulted him thoughtlessly. I am also insulted by that remark you made. Kindly apologize and may Allah brighten all of our weekends.

Salam

kiki18

Kiki18,
Brother Ayman happens to be one of the most insightful and educated members I've met. You have insulted him thoughtlessly. I am also insulted by that remark you made. Kindly apologize and may Allah brighten all of our weekends.

Salam

if he is so educated and insightful, why would he even make a comment or joke like that? i mean really that is a very bad joke, very hurtful, like you have no idea the pain, sorrow and fear families go through. i do apologize for hurting him,but he's not making it easy for to me realize of his educated mind. no one has the right to make such a comment on such a delicate situation and suggesting to swoop down to the level of those men who have hurt our sister. really you have no idea of the harsh comment that was.
please people realize that, that comment is the same as the comment those men made, hurtful, prejudice, and ignorant.

brother Ayman i'm trully sorry for any harshness towards you but that comment was not appropriate and i hope you realize it.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Sister, as some of the brothers and sisters said you can just let it go or you can educate them, there are spanish CD from http://www.islaminspanish.org/

Broher Mujahid who with his father dose dawah in Spanish have really good CD to educate spanish speaking people..

You can order some spanish pamphlet and give it out to the maintenance people as nice gift from your family as appriciation for their good work. (*Even though it wasnt good enough )

But inshaAllah you never know Allah open their hearts and mind.....

wa salaam

ShyHijabi

salaam alikom

Sister, as some of the brothers and sisters said you can just let it go or you can educate them, there are spanish CD from http://www.islaminspanish.org/

Broher Mujahid who with his father dose dawah in Spanish have really good CD to educate spanish speaking people..

You can order some spanish pamphlet and give it out to the maintenance people as nice gift from your family as appriciation for their good work. (*Even though it wasnt good enough )

But inshaAllah you never know Allah open their hearts and mind.....

wa salaam

Best advice on this entire thread.

Instead of tossing out jokes that would cause offense (and threatening to call the immigration officials would definitely do that) we should always battle ignorance with patience and a desire to educate.

The sister apparently does not know Spanish and is assuming they are talking about her or Muslims. In fact they may have been talking about something completely different. Even if they are speaking poorly about Muslims how are they supposed to learn any different? If all we do is hear and then become angry, not attempt to gently correct, then we are not part of the solution.

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum

Thanks brothers and sisters for the advice!!! :)

So what i'm getting from everyone is to ignore or educate. I got it. I was trying to ignore, but i dont know....

Anways, thanks again.

And, about the immigration joke, i think the brother meant it as a joke. But it came out wrong. Earlier i was thinking about saying something back in spanish on some translation website, but you can't fight fire, with fire...

Personally, i have no problem with Mexican people. They're pretty cool. I just realized most of them are racist and predjudice from some weird occasions such as this one. But everyone has their good and bad people right.....

Wa alaykum assalam

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalamu Allaykum

There were these two Mexican maintenance men who work at my apartments i live at. And they were fixing something in my bathroom, near my room. I was sleeping and heard them laughing out loud, speaking in spanish, and heard the word-

"Terroista"

mentioned TWICE. I was really offended. One of them close the door, the open bathroom door after that. Then they started whipsering more in Spanish.

I got aaaaangry. :<

Especially, since they're really double faced and are always smiling, and being nice to my dad and family. What's up with that???

I can't report them because our manger is very mean, and is Mexican as well. So I see her taking their side more. What should I do?

Thanks for any answers!!!!

خُذِ ٱلۡعَفۡوَ وَأۡمُرۡ بِٱلۡعُرۡفِ وَأَعۡرِضۡ عَنِ ٱلۡجَـٰهِلن

Keep to forgiveness and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant.( i. e dont punish them)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Islaam commands wisdom, we use the right thing at the right time. While of course, generally we should display the best of manners and show utmost patience, some people deserve harshness. Why, because the situation demands it.

I'm not saying that Ayman is right, I don't encourage that particular line myself, but sometimes we do need to deal with people in the best way; the best way to achieve the desired effect, which is that they know what they did was wrong. Like I said, sometimes it takes harshness. It depends on the person's level.

In cases like this, I do feel bluntness can proved to be better, since it feels rather ironic that Mexican workers are insulting in their own tongue. Usually when a foreigner bites on a Muslim, I encourage a blunt reminder, that they themselves are/have been under constant media attack, made alienated and are discriminated against. Sometimes a simple, "how would you like it if I called you a -insert word here-... Well then why say it to me?" makes one think, or even apologise! But every situation demands the right and appropriate action, considering all factors involved. Yet in this case, with your Manager on their side, patience is perhaps the only answer.

There's a famous hadeeth of Abu Bakr where, maa shaa' Allaah, he insulted a Qurayshi who tried to weaken the Muslims through his speech, the insult itself would be considered 'foul' even today! The hadeeth is recorded in Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree and I encourage those who can, to read the hadeeth, as it's been used by Al-Bukhaari to prove that sometimes an insult is right and better. However, it was an isolated case and I'm not saying it justifies every type of insult.

Allaah knows best...

Was-salaam

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa alaikum salaam

I am just going to agree with the above, they are ignorant. Plus they are also America's worst nightmare as well so really you all should be good friends but ignorance.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
are you kidding me?!?!? how more hurtful can this thread get?:girl3:

As-salaamu `alaykum

Sister, do you mind explaining what is hurtful? This is a sensitive issue and well, we need to understand what is lawful and what is best.

To akhi Ayman, regarding those aayaat, they are pertaining warfare and not mere ignorant comments. Have any scholars of tafseer used those aayaat to suggest what you have stated?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

`Afwaan, I didn't look at the other aayah with care. Jazaak Allaahu khayran.

Was-salaam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
wa Alaikum salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh:D

Sister, do you mind explaining what is hurtful?

I can tell you what was hurtful brother,
they are ignorant. Plus they are also America's worst nightmare
subhanaAllah, we Muslims always complain about how *people generalise all Muslims with the actions of few* YET we seem to do it too?? whats up with that??
It's for us to act upon what we want others to do for us, and Sister lostlily, I am not ATTACKING you, please forgive me if it seems like that.....but I am talking in general.

brother Ayman, I have not understood what you've written, but with the verse provided......

look at what Allah says at the end:
but whoever pardons and makes reconciliation - his reward is [due] from God. Indeed, He does not like wrongdoers."
I guess, all Muslims seek the HIGHER reward thus for the sister it would be good if she forgives and not REFUTES.....and it seems like you've hurt the sister (kiki) stating whatever you stated in Spanish. Lets consider the emotion of others. We dont like it when bad things are said about Muslims, why do we do it to others??
MY humble oppinion

PS: I am really sorry Sister kiki, please forgive our brothers and sisters here.

please forgive me if I have hurt anyone.....it was not my intent to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.