Rude Muslim Hating Maintenance Men???!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

slave warrior caged
wa alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi
sister aisha dont you worry about this problem.... if you watch french news channels they are exposing american double standards day by day.... it wont be long before the people calling you teroristas will themselves be known as that.....
keep patience for Allah is best of all planners. how long can they play with believers??? and allah has promised an upper hand over the idolators to us muslims...
inshallah you shall see for yourself as future events unfold.

jazakallah

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
wa Alaikum salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh:D

I can tell you what was hurtful brother,

subhanaAllah, we Muslims always complain about how *people generalise all Muslims with the actions of few* YET we seem to do it too?? whats up with that??
It's for us to act upon what we want others to do for us, and Sister lostlily, I am not ATTACKING you, please forgive me if it seems like that.....but I am talking in general.

brother Ayman, I have not understood what you've written, but with the verse provided......

look at what Allah says at the end: I guess, all Muslims seek the HIGHER reward thus for the sister it would be good if she forgives and not REFUTES.....and it seems like you've hurt the sister (kiki) stating whatever you stated in Spanish. Lets consider the emotion of others. We dont like it when bad things are said about Muslims, why do we do it to others??
MY humble oppinion

PS: I am really sorry Sister kiki, please forgive our brothers and sisters here.

please forgive me if I have hurt anyone.....it was not my intent to do so.

As-salaamu `alaykum

Jazaakillaahu khayr. To be honest, I didn't quite understand the post, hence I didn't regard it. Inshaa' Allaah, the sister herself can explain what she intended.

DanyalSAC

The Spanish comment was "I'm from the Office of Immigration". It implies that most Mexican workers in the United States are here illegally, and it hints at the frustration many Americans feel about the wave after wave of immigrants sneaking illegally across the border & the effect its having on our economy. And while I won't debate whether or not it was an appropriate comment to make on an Islamic website, as a born American living in California I can definitely see where the sentiment behind it is coming from.

rightpath_357

Aw sis!!!!!! Don't u know that they're just big losers- LET IT GO- on the day of Judgement
your family will get their reward ;)

rightpath_357

Best advice on this entire thread.

Instead of tossing out jokes that would cause offense (and threatening to call the immigration officials would definitely do that) we should always battle ignorance with patience and a desire to educate.

The sister apparently does not know Spanish and is assuming they are talking about her or Muslims. In fact they may have been talking about something completely different. Even if they are speaking poorly about Muslims how are they supposed to learn any different? If all we do is hear and then become angry, not attempt to gently correct, then we are not part of the solution.

Awwww sis!!!!!! You always have the right thing to say!!!!!:hearts:
;)

RandyJackson

I don't know about you guys, but I have the best Mexican neighbors in the world.

And now its time for everyone else to apologize to sister kiki18.

"America's worst nightmare " ??? I'm a Black American, and my worst nightmare is the white police officer. Not a hardworking Mexican who struggles to make a few bucks to send back home so his kids can eat.

Sister Kiki18 is reading some of your posts, and she most likely feels singled out. She a Mexican too, in case some of us didn't notice. Is she "America's worst nightmare " too? I think not.

My first response was the following:
Sister, let it go. Such mentality is highly associated with low socioeconomic status. My sister-in-law is a psychologist and she always stresses this. Forgive them and let them say whatever they want.

And thats the only precise and accurate way to put it. It's been scientifically proven, so unless if you can show me some statistical evidence to prove otherwise, then you should really not say much.

As for Brother Ayman's joke. You can tell he only made it to make us laugh a bit. I doubt he meant to hurt anyone.

SO sister Kiki18, forgive us all for this lousy thread. It was un-Islamic to begin with.

Just for you, I'm going to go to Taco Bell right now, and I'm going to ENJOY those bean burritos and then I'm going to salute Mexico after every bite!

kiki18

I don't know about you guys, but I have the best Mexican neighbors in the world.

And now its time for everyone else to apologize to sister kiki18.

"America's worst nightmare " ??? I'm a Black American, and my worst nightmare is the white police officer. Not a hardworking Mexican who struggles to make a few bucks to send back home so his kids can eat.

Sister Kiki18 is reading some of your posts, and she most likely feels singled out. She a Mexican too, in case some of us didn't notice. Is she "America's worst nightmare " too? I think not.

My first response was the following:
Sister, let it go. Such mentality is highly associated with low socioeconomic status. My sister-in-law is a psychologist and she always stresses this. Forgive them and let them say whatever they want.

And thats the only precise and accurate way to put it. It's been scientifically proven, so unless if you can show me some statistical evidence to prove otherwise, then you should really not say much.

As for Brother Ayman's joke. You can tell he only made it to make us laugh a bit. I doubt he meant to hurt anyone.

SO sister Kiki18, forgive us all for this lousy thread. It was un-Islamic to begin with.

Just for you, I'm going to go to Taco Bell right now, and I'm going to ENJOY those bean burritos and then I'm going to salute Mexico after every bite!

thanks bro, you're the one that gets it, and enjoy that bean burrito :D

aisha16

Assalamu Allaykum

I'm sincerely sorry to sis Kiki for starting all this. I was just at the brink of anger and needed some tips. Sorry, if you felt you were bashed on for being Mexican. And sorry, also if I said anything offensive at all. I didn't mean for this post to be "unislamic" like brother Randy Jackson said.

I was just looking for some pratical naseeha from my brothers and sisters here. Since, i didn't have anything for myself. I realized it's best to just let it go. And I just wanna say I didn't mean to bash on Mexicans here. There are lots of good Mexican Muslims. It's just that Mexican non-muslims or any non-muslim for that matter, ticks me off when they start hating on Muslims.

Maybe this post should be removed. Sorry again, sis Kiki. Brother Randy Jackson reminded me of how insensitive this all was.

Wa Alaykum Assalam

kiki18

sis aisha16,
your thread as it started was not unislamic, we gave u advice on how to treat with those who hate on muslims. sadly, some words were written with no purpose but to put some racial discrimination. i thought it would be different here since we are muslims, i have been dealing with racial discrimination all my life, and now add on that i'm a muslim which puts me in the minority of a minority. think about it and realize not everyone who comes to US is illegal (i'm not) but many of friends, family members, etc. are and i have seen their pain. it was thoughtless for people to make such comments when i said myself i was mexican, and u'll find many mexicans like me that are legal and will still get offended by such comments because we see some kids come illegaly and of course they had no choice whether to come to US and they suffer. is it really their fault? no! so think before you speak because just like you don't like to be picked on for being muslim they also don't like it. stop from waste words that only cause harm.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Well jazaak Allaahu khayran for clearing that up. I don't like how this has thread has turned. As for this apparent prejudice, it is not necessary. Yet there is a clear line between prejudice/discrimination and well, facts which are free of any hate.

I don't understand that why when you praise a given people you are seen to love them and respect them. Yet the minute a general, truthful point of criticism is made, you're automatically seen as discriminative, racist and prejudice. I don't know of this principle residing in Islaam, racism is clearly abhorred but a truthful observation is just that. Funny... I always admit to the problems with my people as do most Muslims I know. In fact, many people today are willing to admit to the faults that their culture may encourage, or testify to a problem that is prevalent and common amongst many of their people.

As for the issue at hand, then I don't know the situation so I can't really speak. But instead of making fun at Mexicans due to the immigration issue, then I remind you O Muslims, that your own brothers and sisters are stuck in the same issue across the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. The immigration issue in America with Mexicans somewhat parallels a problem we have in the UK; a stock of Pakistani and Bangladeshi workers coming off the boat, working illegally and overstaying their visas. There are more than 60 fast-food outlets across only a few miles of my road, and I presume that most of them are at some point, working illegally and hardly speak a word of English. They understand food orders, faqat! Nothing more. And in case you feel I'm discriminating, firstly I'm not and secondly, most of them are probably related to me!

So instead of looking at other people's problems, joking at it or passing unnecessary comments, here's one of our own problems to look at.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.