little mosque on prairie

amina29

I think this video is a little.... stange?
They are Non-Muslims pretending to be Muslims and this "Imam" for example shakes the hand of a woman...

followeroffaith

Aa,

If anyone wants to view it try a search on u tube.

Seems to me there's good and not so good in it. I admire the creativity and the aim to reach people who might not otherwise come to islam through conventional means. There's a lesson in that for us, I think, which is to speak to people in their own language, as indeed the prophet (pbuh) did, quite literally.

The risk we run is that we become so eager to appease that we lose our principles. If this show is not entirely accurate and islamic, well that's a mistake, but the root idea to me seems a good one.

Just my opinion - not a scholarly one or anything!

ws,

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Aa,

If anyone wants to view it try a search on u tube.

Seems to me there's good and not so good in it. I admire the creativity and the aim to reach people who might not otherwise come to islam through conventional means. There's a lesson in that for us, I think, which is to speak to people in their own language, as indeed the prophet (pbuh) did, quite literally.

The risk we run is that we become so eager to appease that we lose our principles. If this show is not entirely accurate and islamic, well that's a mistake, but the root idea to me seems a good one.

Just my opinion - not a scholarly one or anything!

ws,

Well said Sister.

we become so eager to appease that we lose our principles

That is a problem which is clearly evident right now. Look at the so called leaders of muslim nations.

wasalam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Yeah that movie is mad dumb! I hate it that they put non- muslims who were acting out as real muslims. A real muslim women/girl wouldn't wear tights or uncover their hair!
But no, they have to get a person who has no idea bout Islam! This movie is nothing but a mere PG 13 rated movie!

Child of GOD

GLOBALPEACE,
I simply met that the posts I've read pointed more to the fact that the muslim religion thought it was a sin to be idle and waste time watching tv

califmuslimah

Little House on the Prairie...

FYI,

The producer of the program is a muslim and some of the actors are muslim. The older man with the white beard and the actor who plays the young imam are muslim. I saw an interview on CNN with the producer. Also if you look at the actors names on the credits you can tell some are muslim and some aren't.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
"Hello? Is this terrorist attack hotline?" "We can use the laundry room to wash and shroud the dead bodies" "Hello you've reached Yasir's constructing and contracting...we'll blow away the competition". ROFL! I LOVE this show! Common guys, lighten up. This is an entertaining way to show Islam and the Xenophobia of some non-Muslims.

kayleigh

As Salaamu Alaykum
"Hello? Is this terrorist attack hotline?" "We can use the laundry room to wash and shroud the dead bodies" "Hello you've reached Yasir's constructing and contracting...we'll blow away the competition". ROFL! I LOVE this show! Common guys, lighten up. This is an entertaining way to show Islam and the Xenophobia of some non-Muslims.

My thoughts exactly...

powerofislam

:salam2:

Hmm, isnt it kinda strange that we resort to watching non-Muslims pretending to be Muslims pointing out the mistakes some Muslims make?

If we as Muslims wish to make a better impression or make people understand Islam, it is very simple. Learn and live Islam properly.

That show I have seen and it isnt even funny. Maybe at first it is funny, but then it gets irritating and boring!! You dont feel any connection to the actors either. I dont want to see a polytheist Hindu playing a Mosque comittee member or an Imam anyway.... and they like ALL the other Shows dont show the prayer properly.............`and this is something done deliberately. I.e. people will have massive gaps between each other and they will not do the parts of prayer properly.

Also, Muslims must know that the most effective Da'wah is that which is based upon Quran and Sunnah, the first call should be the call to Tawheed.

Wasalam.

i agree with mabssot brother

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I find it really strange that Muslims find something good on a Channel & talk to each other about it & then the same Channel shows "Gay Muslims & their Plight" the next week & they condemn it & are up in arms about it

I haven't seen this show so can't comment but thats what usually happens (Media calls it balanced view) like there is a balanced number of Gay/Striaght Muslims!

I don't know but I think we can NEVER get the right perspective on Non-Muslim Media because they have to Sell sensationalism, Truth is not sensational (to the masses) and doesn't sell

Dog Bites a Man is not worthy of News...Man bites a Dog (that's new)...Blond bites a Dog (That's headline)....

Abu Ruqaiiya

Salams,

I think it is entertaining in that it does show some of the ridiculous issues that we have as an ummah internally and also the attitudes of others outside.

On the point about having non-muslims portraying muslims..well if it were a muslim actress shown taking off her hijab when she was with her 'family' then would there uproar?

I think we should just relax and let it be. The more you make a fuss about something you dont like, the more people will be interested in it.

My £0.02

Wasalam.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I watched the first episode on youtube. Yes, I found parts of it funny, but I think that this is not a good program with many errors. The first minor error I can think of is showing the young woman in hijab both inside and outside the home. One of the major errors that I saw was the scene when they are trying to determine the beginning of the holy month. The comment was about the Saudis not being able to spot the moon...
Isn't this kind of backbiting against an entire group of our brothers and sisters prohibited?

I don't want to misquoute our Holy Prophet. But isn't there a saying of the Prophet concerning that the ummah will come to copy the kuffar near the Day of Judgement? This program seems as if it is in imitation of so much of the kuffar culture.

blue

I think this video is a little.... stange?
They are Non-Muslims pretending to be Muslims and this "Imam" for example shakes the hand of a woman...

The man playing the imam was born into Islam, not sure about the other characters though. That said, he also plays a gay character on Metropia. Yes, I agree many errors were made and it would have been better had this series not been produced altogether. 5 more episodes left and inshallah that will be all.