Bismillah

Haleema12

Asalaamu Alaykum Dear brothers and sisters in islam,

I'm new to the forum, so I'd like to introduce myself. I have been a muslim for 2.5 years now. I married three years ago, as a christian, to my (then) christian husband. We are now both muslims, alhamdulillah. We have three children between us. They are all boys, one from my previous relationship prior to islam and my husband has two from his previous relationship also prior to islam. All our children are boys and are also new to islam. So, there is lots to learn and adapt to in islam.

I came across this forum by chance, as I was seeking a better understanding of Qada Wa Qadar, which I learned about this morning. I look forward to becoming an active member to this forum's discussion board, insha'Allah.

Wa Sallam

Haleema

IbnAhmad

Wa Alykum Salaam Sister.

Congratulations on reverting to Islam! May Allah SWT increase the knowledge and grant you and your family steadfastness. Aameen.

Also :SMILY206:to this Forum, I hope you benefit from the resources available and I look forward to reading your threads/posts. :)

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamualykum dear sister Haleema,
Welcome to TTI,Insha-Allah u'll get benefited here.
Do remember me and all of us in your du'as.

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
assalamo alikum, respected sister haleema. very nice to see your message here. congratulation on accepting ISLAM.
we are interested to know the full story of your acceptance of Islam. AND one thing that is very important that not all the Islamic websites are right, so be careful while visiting them and please get help from this forum for selection of athunticated websites about Islam.
wasalam.

hana*

mashaAllah, thats amazing- both you and youre husband became Muslims! usually its only one who becomes a muslim subhanAllah, Allah guides whom He wills. Im interested to hear your convert/revert story if you have the chance to post it for us :)

:wasalam:

Haleema12

Subhana'Allah

Thank you for your warm welcomes.

I've not been able to keep my story short on how I reverted to islam. I'll give it a go though. Practice makes perfect, as they say!

Part I - My Journey in Reverting to Islam (I have to write quickly, as my laptop keeps overheating and shutting down).

I was a practising christian for a little under two years. I was at uni at the time of becoming a christian. Hence, I had developed an inquisitive mind. My enquiring mind tended to overlap in my journey to develop my knowledge in christianity. I quickly learned from my fellow christians that it was not permissible to question the faith, as this is satans work. I had problems with this as I didn't want to blindly follow the faith, as they could then tell me anything and was expected to accept it. This lead to problems with performing outreach missionary work, which was basically, spreading God's (or Jesus's) word on the streets. I had unanswered questions of my own and I was expected to answer others questions about christianity in order that they embrace christianity. Also I remember questioning why Jesus was willing to die on the cross for everybody's sin, if we are stilll sinning today. Surely he died for nothing? I remember feeling like I was rebelling the faith. I was told repeatedly to trust in the holy spirit and all will be revealed. I also had a problem with Jesus, apparently, being God. If this was the case why isn't Jesus mentioned in The of Genesis when the World first begun.

Along my short journey in christianity I was introduced ito slam through a new revert who was a christian before. She was so excited to help answer all of my questions. She went onto explain everything and gave me a tape on Christianity vs. Islam. I've forgotten the speakers names, but basically, many muslims in the audience had questions for the priest speaker after both speakers had presented, but the priest did not have all of the answer at the time. That did it for me. I haven't looked back since.

Part II will present my husband's reverting to islam. :ma:

Wa Sallam

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:ma::ma::ma:- May Allah SWT Keep you and your family on the right path dear sis. It's a Great news that, not only you, but both you and your husband reverted to Islam masha'allah. YOUR Concert story is very beautiful- I can't wait to read your husband's insha'allah:arabi1: May Allah protect you and your family, surround your house with happiness and His blessings Always be with you:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: and I'm sure you'll find all the help you need on this site sister:):)

take care
Welcome to TTI:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa laaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Welcome to the website sister Haleema, may Allah bless you and your husband, and make things easier for your whole family, amin. Its really great how you found Islam,

Thanks for sharing your stories on how you found Islam!

Haleema12

Thank you for sharing your story. You wrote,

The simple rebuttal to this is what if it is wrong? How would one know? What is the difference between a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu, a Buddhist, a pagan, etc., who blindly follow their parents, peers, culture, etc. without questioning it? They cannot all be right, so how do we know which one is right?

It's neither. It's the word of Paul, John and the Church. If you actually only read what Jesus said, peace be upon him, you will be surprised by how different it is from the teachings of the Church!

I'm guessing it's the debate between Ahmad Deedat, may God bless his soul, and Jimmy Swaggart.

Yes, those were the speakers.

I don't think that Christianity is a religion at all. The priest at the church where I used to attend even said that christianity is based upon such a fine line 'did he or didn't rise on the third day'. This same priest said, that if Jesus (pbuh) didn't rise on the third day then we may as well all pack up and go home. He said this around easter time. Well, maybe they should pack up and revert while they're at it :)

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Assalamu Alaikom my sister
Welcome to Islam and welcome to TTI :SMILY252::SMILY252:

It was nice reading your story we wait the 2nd part .

I always wonder why the Christians follow this faith blindly , and when they ask it's forbidden to ask !!

Al7amdulillah in Islam every question has an answer :)

May Allah keep you on Islam and bless you honey .

I'm your Saudi sister Fatima , Greetings from here :hearts:

Haleema12

Assalamu Alaikom my sister
Welcome to Islam and welcome to TTI :SMILY252::SMILY252:

It was nice reading your story we wait the 2nd part .

I always wonder why the Christians follow this faith blindly , and when they ask it's forbidden to ask !!

Al7amdulillah in Islam every question has an answer :)

May Allah keep you on Islam and bless you honey .

I'm your Saudi sister Fatima , Greetings from here :hearts:

Salam Dear Fatima,

Thank you for your kind words. I think it's only natural to ask questions about ones belief. I love islam for this and many other reasons. It's so practical too. I like listening to Ahmed Deedat, as he has mastered the differences between christianity and islam.

Christianity is suppose to be a 'leap of faith' where if one was to fall backwards from the standing position ones faith ought to be strong enough to trust that God will be there to catch them. I heard on The Deen Show (New Muslim section) that islam has a little bit of this, but is largely dependent on knowledge-base. Hence, it is the responsibility of the muslim to increase their knowledge-base. Please forgive me if I have said anything incorrectly or I am misunderstood.

Wa Sallam

Haleema

aless

Asalaamu Alaykum Dear brothers and sisters in islam,

I'm new to the forum, so I'd like to introduce myself. I have been a muslim for 2.5 years now. I married three years ago, as a christian, to my (then) christian husband. We are now both muslims, alhamdulillah. We have three children between us. They are all boys, one from my previous relationship prior to islam and my husband has two from his previous relationship also prior to islam. All our children are boys and are also new to islam. So, there is lots to learn and adapt to in islam.

I came across this forum by chance, as I was seeking a better understanding of Qada Wa Qadar, which I learned about this morning. I look forward to becoming an active member to this forum's discussion board, insha'Allah.

Wa Sallam

Haleema

assalamu alykom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

:ma:
very interesting story you have :ma:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am a revert too, i took my shahada 1 year and few months ago :tti_sister:
welcome to the sitei hope it will be of benefit insha'Allah
Can I ask you a question, what was your religion before becoming a christian?
may Allah keep our faith strong ameen

hana*

sister Haleema, thank you for posting your story on how you become a Muslim. honestly, it brings such joy to my heart when i see a person entering Islam- people like you make such great role models for this faith.

it is true what you said about man is continuously sinning but i think modern day chrisitans use the 'saviour' concept as a scapegoat for them to sin and continue in sin. alhamduililah the concept of God in Islam is that of an ever-Merciful and Forgiving God that the concept of God in christianity (which is an unjust, unforgivable god, who had to have a son to forgive the action of one man, by which all mankind were automatically attributed to also). it just dosent appeal intelectually.

anyway a big warm welcome to you

:hearts:

Abdol

Salaam

Let us give thanks to Almighty Allah for bringing you back to islam. Islam is gold, diamond, good, beautiful, the true religion of God, racism is free in islam, it has no colour(race). Islam is universal. Islam is everyday religion, in fact every seconds, minute, hour religion. It's not once in a week religion. You are welcome to islam. I'm proud to be a Nigerian muslim! Ma salaam.

allah rakkah lav

i love allah alone
:ma:

nice to read about you sister ! you are blessed to know about islam and accepting the truth and reverting to islam! may Allah bless you and your family a whole!

Haleema12

assalamu alykom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Can I ask you a question, what was your religion before becoming a christian?

Salaam sis,

I never followed any religion.

Although I was always too scared to say I never believed in God in case he punished me.

Wa Sallam

Haleema12

Salaam dear brothers and sisters,

Many thanks for your warm welcome.

I'm already enjoying this forum. You're all very inspiring people. I'm yet to give you part II about my husband reverting to islam. I've realised that this is not as easy, because it wasn't my journey it was his.

I need some time to chat with him, insha'Allah. His spanish and doesn't speak english, so he's unable to join the forum.

Wa Sallam