I dont know what to do about my Father

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Assalamualakum Everyone

Many People who has read my theads in the first of my threads know that i have been going through alot at a young age.

I have never been a practicing Muslim until after this last ramadan when i could no longer look for help except Islam And Alhumdulilah after that ramadan Allah Answered my prayer's and changed many things for the better and fixed many issues i was facing....

But one problem slowly rising is actually my father. If you dont know many Bengali,Indian, and pakistani parents are very serious about education and grades (Im currently 10th grade). My Grade Average is around a B and i try hard to keep it up to please my father but its never enough for him. And whenever he does yell at me i do not talk back because in Islam you have to try your Best to show no frustration with your parents, And when a person asked the prophet (Saw) how to become pious he answered back "Do not become angry,do not become angry, and do not become angry". I always tell him i try my best but it doesnt seem like that doesnt work for him.

Well recently my sister in law asked me to go rock climbing with her and i told her im not really feeling that well and she and my dad made a big deal out of it. My sister in law does not follow Islam or any religion and i really dont like spending time with her she even eats pork. I tell my father that i dont really want to be around her but he gets angry at me and then today he told me that im going to become a "Stupid Religious person" in my language and that really affected me alot because i only recently wanted to get closer to Islam. He said i will become a stupid religious person like my brother, my brother is also a practicing muslim like me and teaches me many things about Islam. When he told me that i just stayed quiet like i said but inside i wanted to talk back and tell him he's wrong but even if i did that he would just respond with another insult. My father even told me some time ago that my studies have to be over Religion or was implying that but then i told him will a degree get you into Jannah? He responded back with just insults saying im going to become stupid. Recently ever since i became a practicing Muslim and after i did my first Khutba he thinks im friends with like terrorists and keeps warning me about not to be friends with Muslims like that and i keep telling him my friends are not like that they are like me. They just follow Islam like i do. But he keeps on telling me that there are kids disguised as FBI and make people terrorists i think hes taking it way too far. But he doesnt listen to me. My brother even told me when 9/11 happened our father said when people ask you what religion you are dont say that you are Muslim.

I make Dua's For Him but other than that i dont know what to do, My mother is very sick and my father does not treat her very well...

Jazakallah Khair everyone you guys have no idea how much it means to me when you guys post and May Allah Bless all of you :)

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamualykum dear brother,

I dont know what to say to you,being a muslim I never heard that parents saying their children not to follow islam,infact I heard in India parents are very keen to make their children religious.
But this is the first case I heard.There is no doubt that the people of the sub-continent are very serious about education.But dear brother it doesn't mean in anyway that just to have the worldly desire we leave our Religion.
Be kind to your dad,lets not your tongue but your actions speak.Be kind towards him and pray for him.Possible there is a reason behind everything try to know d reason why ur dad became like this(i mean non-religious,short-tempered),then try with nice words explaining him about Islam.Keep praying Nafil and keep keep asking Allah(SWT) to guide your father.
I dont know what else should I say to you brother.But this situation of yours hurting me also.My brother is in difficulty and I even can't help him.how helpless I am :(
May Allah makes things easy for you,Ameen.

suumaya

Assalamu alaikum
Sorry about your situation my dear brother in Islam.
I would like to say few things, first be patient, because Allah (Ta Alaa) is with those who are patient. second I think shaydan is using your dad against you, because shaydan doesn't want us to follow the law of Allah Ta Alaa, so I say to you don't please anyone in the expanse of displeasing Allah (Ta Alaa). The other thing is my brother is that may be Allah is testing you to make you a stronger in your Imaan. I will make dua for you Insha Allah.

palestine

Servant of Allah
SubhanAllah, that's a lot to go through. but akhi, hang tight, inshAllahu ta'ala with the support of your brothers and sisters her and with the support of your older brother, you'll be ok. is there any way you can live with him? or is he married to the sister in law that eats pork? hang tight akhi. i really don't know what more to say. it's sad to hear this but inshAllahu ta'ala i hope everything goes well for you. i'll send you duas in your pm later on. wasalamu alaikum.

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
No my step sister is single and my brother is living with us he is married but lives downstairs with his wife.

rightpath_357

Aw bro- I feel your pain- well I did, but you have no idea how easy it is here :D

Hold firmly!!!!! May Allah (SW) help you. Maybe try to get closer to your dad- would that help :confused:

Like- when you get some awesome grades one day, maybe you could do something together- lol- I'm Pakistani, and I suffered from a TON of insults a day lol. But now I take them as a joke- and it's much better!!!!!:D

I'm impressed- my tounge got sharp from the times, but yours is still soft and fluffy. :lol:

Salam:D

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Aw bro- I feel your pain- well I did, but you have no idea how easy it is here :D

Hold firmly!!!!! May Allah (SW) help you. Maybe try to get closer to your dad- would that help :confused:

Like- when you get some awesome grades one day, maybe you could do something together- lol- I'm Pakistani, and I suffered from a TON of insults a day lol. But now I take them as a joke- and it's much better!!!!!:D

I'm impressed- my tounge got sharp from the times, but yours is still soft and fluffy. :lol:

Salam:D

wait,So if i take them as a joke, if my dad insults me and i laugh hes gonna think im retarded or something hahahah

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
wait,So if i take them as a joke, if my dad insults me and i laugh hes gonna think im retarded or something hahahah

hahaha brother dont laugh if he says sumthng to u,It will be considered sumthng against tha Aadaab of parents. :)

rightpath_357

oh lol!!!!! no- I don't mean like that!!!!:lol:

Cracking up- just a sec:D

Lol- finished, no I mean on the inside- ya know....

Yeah- but now my dads insults are just teasing, and like, agh- just turn it into a joke , like- i'm not sure- but this is what i do-

Dad-" You idiot- I meant turn on the lightbulb!"

Me- "I knew that!:D"

kinda like that- I'm not sure if it'll work-:(

I'll send a present to the mental centre if it dosen't.:lol:

No- I'm just kidding, AstagfirAllah.

Salam

rightpath_357

hahaha brother dont laugh if he says sumthng to u,It will be considered sumthng against tha Aadaab of parents. :)

WHAT!!!!!! rlly!!!! oh- whoopssss... well, I don't think I mean laugh AT your parents, kind of, like- if it's just an insult, not something telling you to actually do something good, brush it off:shymuslima1:

Confusing!!!!!:girl3:

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
Dear brother I can relate with your situation in an uncanny manner.In fact your kind of situation is like my past.I had been there,when everyone disapproves of what you do, especially Islam.I had dealt with the same problem ,I never replied as well and the terrorist friend things too. :D
Time is a great healer,things have changed and same people who opposed me are now alhamdulillah practising it.You just need to stay firm and after a time you'll witness miracles insha'allah.Dont digerate from studies either.Show them you are a Muslim,best in all things!
If you have any studies related problems feel free to contact me.
Best wishes.
Ma'salam.

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Yeah i was thinking if we laughed at them i think the situation would get alot worse :D I would probrobly run out the house haha

Just kidding!!!!

Thanks you for advice sister, I know what you mean :)

And Thanks Kashif for sharing your expierience, theres always hope with Allah!! :)

May Allah Bless you all for your kindness