I am in need of a trustworthy Sheikh

Haleema12

Salaam,

My husband and I are new muslims, alhamdulillah. But we are having some marriage problems and need to know the best way forward in order to prevent jeopardising our faith and to protect our souls in the hereafter.

To explain the problems very briefly, my husband is less pious than I am, therefore, his intentions and actions are not always driven by his faith. At times, because my knowledge base is limited, I don't always react in a way that is pleasing to Allah. May Allah forgive me. Plus we have three boys between us that are step brothers and I feel I need more knowledge on my responsibilities as a step mother.

I am happy to discuss further details, but I don't know whether to discuss with a trustworthy sheikh or to discuss my affairs on this forum. I appreciate you will have the best intentions, but I want to avoid getting too many points of views and feeling confused. I have performed istikhara about divorce and / or emigrating.

I know there is a verse on seeking advice among believers and not non believers about ones affairs, but I won't be able to find it quickly. I have been seeking advice from the lata, may Allah forgive me. This is mainly because I live in a part of the world where there is virtually a 0.02% muslim population. There is only one mosque located in the capital. We live 2 hours away by car from the capital. Hence, my reason for wanting to find a Sheikh and discussing on this forum.

Please make dua for my family and I that Allah may guide and make it easy for us.

Wa Sallam

Haleem
x

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

May Allaah aid you in this affair. No, coming from a mod, I don't advise you share your problems/details too publicly. There are no scholars/shaykhs amongst us. I suggest you speak to Shaykh Muhammad Al-Maliki from Jeddah, KSA. He is an English speaker walhamdulillaah.

Assalamu alaykum, brothers and sisters.

you can contact Shaykh Muhammad al maliki and send questions via email to him at his email address: [email protected]

The shaykh is the imam/khateeb of masjid, Masjid Bara bin Malik, King Abdul Azeez Airport, Jeddah, He is a student of:

Allaamah Shaykh Mohammad Alee Aadam and is well known to the mashaa’ikh: Rabee’ Al-Madkhalee, Ubaid al-Jabiree, Wasiullaah Abbasi, Abdul-Muhsin Al-Abbaad and others

wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Baarak Allaahu feeki. I hope and pray that your situation will be resolved with the best outcome.

Was-salaam

Salem9022

As-salaamu `alaykum

May Allaah aid you in this affair. No, coming from a mod, I don't advise you share your problems/details too publicly. There are no scholars/shaykhs amongst us. I suggest you speak to Shaykh Muhammad Al-Maliki from Jeddah, KSA. He is an English speaker walhamdulillaah.

I have his telephone number from Saudi Arabia as well but I personally lost it. I posted it on this forum and gave it to a sister who was asking to get questions. If you can find it from the search engine on this website that could also be helpfull - this is to the poster.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I would never suggest writing about such problems on a public forum. Firstly due to the inadequate responses, and secondly privacy.

Haleema12

I have his telephone number from Saudi Arabia as well but I personally lost it. I posted it on this forum and gave it to a sister who was asking to get questions. If you can find it from the search engine on this website that could also be helpfull - this is to the poster.

Salaam,

Thank you again.

It might work out too costly for me to call Saudi Arabia. I'm hoping the sheikh will be able to answer my questions via email, insha'Allah.

Wa Sallam,

Haleema

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

i would also suggest getting in contact with the Muslim Shariah Council. They are very good in such matters:

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/

They are a charity providing advice and guidance from an Islamic perspective. They can help with marriage, divorce, financial, business and other issues. I would suggest asking for a Dr Suhaib Hassan. I have helped other brothers and sisters by getting them in touch with this organisation, alhamdulillah they are very good.

They have email and phone numbers available for you to contact them.

Haleema12

assalamu alaykum

i would also suggest getting in contact with the Muslim Shariah Council. They are very good in such matters:

They are a charity providing advice and guidance from an Islamic perspective. They can help with marriage, divorce, financial, business and other issues. I would suggest asking for a Dr Suhaib Hassan. I have helped other brothers and sisters by getting them in touch with this organisation, alhamdulillah they are very good.

They have email and phone numbers available for you to contact them.

Subhana'Allah. I've visited this office shortly after embracing islam.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

:wasalam:

Which country do you live in? As that will effect the advice you are given.