World famous footballer embraces Islam in UAE

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

:salam2:

Abel Xavier leaves football as he finds "comfort" in Islam

Football star Abel Xavier embraced Islam on a trip to the United Arab Emirates last week and said he will now quit football at the age of 38 to pursue a career in humanitarian work, press reports revealed.

Former Portuguese international, Abel, who will now go by the name of Faisal Xavier, said he regretted leaving the sport but said he was happy to enter a new phase in his life.

"While it's an emotional farewell, I hope to participate in something very special as I enter a new stage of my life," press reports quoted Xavier, who also once played for Liverpool and Everton, as saying.

"In times of trouble, I have found comfort in Islam. Gradually I learned of a religion that professes peace, equality, freedom and hope. These are extremely important," Xavier said.

The footballer said he would now work with the United Nations on various humanitarian projects.

Xavier was born in Mozambique and previously played for the Los Angeles Galaxy, following a career in Portugal, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, England, Turkey, Germany, and the USA.

Source:http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/12/26/95386.html

Attachments

• AbelXavier_213598.jpg
    AbelXavier_213598.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,127

D.Ahmed

Believer

Abel Xavier leaves football as he finds "comfort" in Islam

Football star Abel Xavier embraced Islam on a trip to the United Arab Emirates last week and said he will now quit football at the age of 38 to pursue a career in humanitarian work, press reports revealed.

Former Portuguese international, Abel, who will now go by the name of Faisal Xavier, said he regretted leaving the sport but said he was happy to enter a new phase in his life.

"While it's an emotional farewell, I hope to participate in something very special as I enter a new stage of my life," press reports quoted Xavier, who also once played for Liverpool and Everton, as saying.

"In times of trouble, I have found comfort in Islam. Gradually I learned of a religion that professes peace, equality, freedom and hope. These are extremely important," Xavier said.

The footballer said he would now work with the United Nations on various humanitarian projects.

Xavier was born in Mozambique and previously played for the Los Angeles Galaxy, following a career in Portugal, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, England, Turkey, Germany, and the USA.

Source:http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/12/26/95386.html

You beat me to it brother I was just going to post that lol.
I read it from this source...

http://goal.com/en/news/91/portugal...l-xavier-quits-football-and-converts-to-islam.

:wasalam:

hana*

subhanAllah- yet another conversion

Allahu Akbar, Islam is like a flower who's seeds are dispersed by the wind and then you see the same flower growing everywhere, Islam is growing at an exponential rate despite having such bad publicity because Allah will make the Truth evident, even if the non-believers despise it.

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
It's always heart warming to hear news like this. I don't understand though why he left the sport, but he will do a lot of good, insha-Allah, with the humanitarian projects he wants to do.
Esselamu alejkum
He left the football maybe because he's 38 we should understand it as finish of his career.MashaALL-LLAH .Esselamu alejkum

Restless

insha'Allaah he will now follow through on the choice he has made and be an example to others.

Allaahu akbar!

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

Allahu Akbar, Islam is like a flower who's seeds are dispersed by the wind and then you see the same flower growing everywhere, Islam is growing at an exponential rate despite having such bad publicity because Allah will make the Truth evident, even if the non-believers despise it.

Well said , you are right honeyyy .

Al7amdulillah I was very happy when I read this . May Allah bless him .

AfricanStar

Masha'allah, this is very true...