How to deal with people.

Jehan Aly

My name is Jehan. I currently live in Australia, my husband is Muslim and is from Egypt. Ever since we got married and i decided to convert to Islam i have had nothing but problems in my life. I knew that it would be hard for me and i would have to take a lot of criticism from people, but i didn't think it would be this hard. I have faith in Allah to help me through this but it hurts so much to here people put down my religion and also to put me down. My husband is not able to be with me at the moment and that makes it a little harder for me. My question is, is there any other sisters out there that have gone through this? and how did you deal with it. Shukran. Take care to all.

hana*

dear Jehan,

Firstly welcome to the forum, hope your stay is beneficial.

Sister, wherever you go in life you will find people who are judgemental, critical and attempting to put you down- this comes from people from all faiths and cultures and it not tied with a particular faith. the fact that you are being tested is indicative of Allahs love for you, the more He tests you the more He loves you. Allah says: do you think you will be left saying 'I believe' and will not be tested?

Patience is stated so many times in the Quran, and Allah always mentions Himself with those who are patient: e.g 'Allah is with the patient' or 'Allah loves the patient'. I know it is easier said than done, but we only need to look at how much the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) were tortured as a result of their faith- some were burned, others stoned or crucified etc

Anyway I hope InshaAllah that you will be reunited with your husband soon.

we are all here for you :hearts:

Jehan Aly

Salam Hana. Shukran so much for your reply. It was a good feeling when i read your reply. Take care and i look forward to talking with you again.

JENNAH.K.

Sadly it seems a lot of people in Australia have been predominantly educated by their televisions. Of course that means they are being brainwashed/manipulated by the media. A lot of people turn to their televisions all over the world and are fed lies or information that distorts reality. Its is incredibly frustrating and I believe many never seek to find the truth and will never change their minds unless they a) experince situations for themselves or b) get more education.

But do not think that everyone is the same. For every person I meet who (to put simply) dont really like or very much dont like there is a person who makes me smile.
People in any religion or group need to seek to find like-minded people and also find opportunities to educate otheres. However - dont try to hard too often to change others ways as it can be very very tiring, frustrating and leave you deplete of any joy. I believe somewhere in the Koran God states we do not have to teach others as it is up to God - can anyone helpme in regards to the correct scripture?

A beauty of Islam is that God know we women are somewhat fragile and arent made of steel and arent expected to fight battles, and i think this also means confronting and dealing with people. (am I right here???) Even though I've been extremely hardworking in the past and am usually very resilient there are definately times when I dont want to be around people and feel a bit sensitive.... God fully permits us to stay at home, play with our husbands and do what we like.

When my husband gets here I'm going to consider not going out as much and just care for him and my mother (and eventually children). I'll see how that goes. At the moment I'm liking the idea.

I am not currently wearing hijab as I converted all of two days ago. I do like the hijab. I know that where I am it will draw A LOT of attention and I'm not ready for that yet. Maybe soo Inshallah.

I told my husband I want to wear one and he says, "Dont worry yet Darling... there is so much for you to do yet...slowly slowly...it is impossible to do everything now, just for now believe that Muhammad is the prophet and messenger of God and there is only one God."

I'm very blessed to have such a patient husband. I hope you have your husband here very very soon. Because this will give you a lot of strength to deal with your situation I think. I hope mine is here soon also.

We CANNOT EVER please everyone...who do we want to please?

GOD BLESS YOU

deeqa

helping book

as-salamualikum sister this book will help you help you more and this is the book: Dont be sad. written by=Aaidh ibn abdullahi al-Qarni
book: you can be the happiest woman in the world written by= Aaidh ibn abdullahi al-qarni.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Hello honey and welcome here among your family :hearts:
yeah I know that being a Moslim in a Non-Moslim society is a challenge but by strong faith you can pass all the difficulties .

I'd like to share you the book : Don't be sad ..
I've the Arabic translation of it it's soo amazing I hope the English one is good as well .

http://www.dont-be-sad-alqarni.com/

" you can be the happiest woman in the world " , I have it in Arabic named as : " The Happiest woman in the world " , I think they are the same .

Have a nice time honey !

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:SMILY139:As-salamu alaikum dear Jihan

Welcome to TTI- hope you benefit from your stay. It's sad to hear that you're going through rough time without your husband, May Allah SWT reunite you two with the HaPPiest of reunions. Don't be sad sis, everyone goes through hardship, this life is nothing but a test- you Should really read the books , La Tahzan, and The Happiest woman in the world, that the sister provided, i've read then so it might help:biggrin::biggrin:. May Allah's Blessing Always be with you, the angels protect you and Happinness Surround you.:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

Hana Askar

Awww sister Jehan, May Allah make it easy for you insha'Allah .. I would also recommend that book .... its sooooo good and beneficial .. it will strengthen ur Imaan and make you happy .. I read the english copy .. 10/10 masha'Allah
Hope you stay in touch insha'Allah ..