fasting

maria_

muslims RocK
asalam alaykum bro's and sis.
I have a Q. are we alowed to keep a fast without doing suhoor? is it fard? if we dont do it, will our fast count?
I am not sure so I decided to ask,, k thanks

hassan_ganari

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmatu'lLahi wa barakatuhu,

Sahoor is a sunna that our prophet Muhammad Salla Allah Alaihi wa Sallam did when he fasts.

Inshallah our fast will count without it BUT we should have the Sahoor whenever we fast. There are multiple hadeeths with different reporting about it, there is " baraka " (+/- blessing) in it. And we should have it even with one half of a date.

A common mistake that muslims are doing specially in Ramadhan is that they eat a lot very late at night, before sleeping considering that was the Sahoor but it is not, Sahoor should be right befor the Fajr Adhan. There is also a hadeeth about it meaning that the islamic ummah (nation) will be alright (+/- healthy, good) if we delay the sahoor (we sleep then wake up to have it right before the Adhan) AND harry with the iftar (breakfast at sunset just after we hear the first words of Adhan (not after the muadhin or caller for prayer says " la ilaha illa Allah " another common mistake ! )).

Wa Allahu Aalam.

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmatu'lLahi wa barakatuhu.

rightpath_357

Yes sis. You can fast without suhoor if you want. It's not nessacary, but it will help you get less hungary throughout the day. But if you can't make Suhoor, or don't want to, you can still fast, and it will still count. Actually, if you wake up just at the time of Fajr in Ramadan or on any day you promised yourself that you would fast, you will get more reward if you keep on fasting.

Hope this helps:D
Salam:D

(p.s. I'm sorry for the late reply:()

:hearts: