I want her to be...

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Khalid bin Safwan saw a group in the mosque of Basrah, and he said, “What is this gathering?”

He was told, “There is a woman who informs men about women who are available for marriage.”

He went to her and said,”I want to marry a woman.”

She said, “Describe her to me.”

He said, “I want her to be a virgin who is wise like a married woman, or a married woman who is innocent like a virgin; she should be sweet when she is near, splendid when she is at a distance, she should have lived a life of luxury and then became afflicted with poverty — so she has the manners of the rich and the humility of the poor. When we gather wealth we should be as the people of the world, and when we become poor, we should be as the people of the Hereafter.”

She said, “I know of such a woman for you.” He said, “And where is she?” She said, “In Paradise, so work to achieve her!”

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

She said, “I know of such a woman for you.” He said, “And where is she?” She said, “In Paradise, so work to achieve her!”

That was really funny. Really, I wasn't expecting that last line, Im not sure if it was meant to be funny or anything but hey, its good.

JazakAllaah Khayr.

umalkalthum

mashaAllah she was wise woman,, amazing story

i love her answer but funny :lol:

Shukraan for sharing jazakallahu khair :hijabi:

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
LOl masha Allah brother that's a really great story, if possible can you provide the reference from where you get the story? because i want to show it to my friends :D

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
:ma:

Nice story.........

Unexpected answer................. Bit confusion on what it really means...

Jazakallh for posting

:blackhijab:

arzafar

Khalid bin Safwan saw a group in the mosque of Basrah, and he said, “What is this gathering?”

He was told, “There is a woman who informs men about women who are available for marriage.”

He went to her and said,”I want to marry a woman.”

She said, “Describe her to me.”

He said, “I want her to be a virgin who is wise like a married woman, or a married woman who is innocent like a virgin; she should be sweet when she is near, splendid when she is at a distance, she should have lived a life of luxury and then became afflicted with poverty — so she has the manners of the rich and the humility of the poor. When we gather wealth we should be as the people of the world, and when we become poor, we should be as the people of the Hereafter.”

no brother she's wrong, there is one on this earth too!
ill find 'the one' and keep her :lol::lol:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Oh my Allah...

brother Al-fajr...same as you i didnt expect the last line so funny........
oh....i just laughed out loud..
may allah forgive us all

Jazakallah