Wow this disturbs me...

rightpath_357

Arghhhhh!!!!!! This happens SO many times!!!!!! We will du'aa for him! But BEING A MUSLIM LONGER DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE A BETTER MUSLIM!!!!! Tell him that. How can people be good Muslims if they do HARAM??????

TC-
Salam!!!!:)

:salam2:

and this really disturbs me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfhHvV85FxE

la hawla wa la guwatin illa billah!

My experience with many people from that part of the world has been very very good and pleasing.

but there is always here and there stupidity and immoral behavior.

don't mind if link gets deleted, but it was the last thing I watched just before going to bed and now I can't sleep!

:wasalam:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Really strange !
Alcohol and the drugs are not allowed in all the KSA
It's forbidden in Islam so it's forbidden to enter the KSA

May Allah guide him , I hope the Haey'a will catch him and treat him .. they can deal with ppl like him inshaAllah .

DanyalSAC

and this really disturbs me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfhHvV85FxE

la hawla wa la guwatin illa billah!

My experience with many people from that part of the world has been very very good and pleasing.

but there is always here and there stupidity and immoral behavior.

don't mind if link gets deleted, but it was the last thing I watched just before going to bed and now I can't sleep!

Well as I can neither read nor speak Arabic I have no idea what this is about... it wasn't pleasant to watch though.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
See that's what I thought, so I asked him where he got his alcohol and he said "everywhere".

everywhere ??? He must be drunk !!!
Actually he IS . so don't belive him

The 1st time I saw a drunk one infront of my eyes was in Jordan , here we don't see them we don't have them .

There are sanctions for the pushers and the drunks , the pushers' one is to be Killed . the drunks you know it as it's written in Qur'an .

They deserve that , they ruin the society , harm people ... but sure before applying any sanction they have to be asked to back to the right path and ask Allah the forgiveness ... well .. long explaination ..

Ahed_Saudi

Asalaamu alaikum...

I have a friend in KSA. We've known each other since right after I took shahadah. We've never met face to face. We talk about Islam and the dunya, everything good friends and brothers in Islam discuss.

Well, today I get an IM from him that's a bit different than normal and he's excited about the team he's a fan of, I think they're called Al Hilal... anyway, to make a long story short, he admits to me that he and his brothers are watching the game DRINKING (and this explains why his IMs seemed different, he's drunk)!

He basically brags about it, "so do you like me now?" he said, like its a challenge. When I tried to tell him about the Qur'an Al Baqarah (2:219) that says drinking is forbidden, and he goes ballistic telling me "I've been Muslim all my life, you been Muslim 1 year so you can't come teach Islam to me!"

He pulls no punches - he goes on to bring up my past, talking about how "You are old, you drink alcohol before - I am young I can do it!" I won't go into the whole conversation - much of which is difficult to understand because his English is poor to begin with, but is terrible when he's under the influence of alcohol - but one thing that really stood out and bothers me the most is the idea he was trying to put across that he's young and Allah forgives him so he can continue. He told me that I've done it so that makes me as much a sinner as him (I told him I hadn't had alcohol since my shahada and that didn't register).

Is this a common conception? "I'm young and forgiven"? That sounds very Christian to me... they commit the most horrible sins on Mankind and are convinced they're forgiven.

Anyway...make dua' for our brother that Allah guide him back to the straight path.

jazakAllah khairn
d.

where is he from???

hana*

Really strange !
Alcohol and the drugs are not allowed in all the KSA
It's forbidden in Islam so it's forbidden to enter the KSA

May Allah guide him , I hope the Haey'a will catch him and treat him .. they can deal with ppl like him inshaAllah .

although it is banned, it does not mean that people living there will not drink or take drugs. also there is sadly alot of zina that takes place there :astag:

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Pass the following hadith to your friend. The one who purposely drinks intoxicants may face the following punishment:

Jabir reported:
Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Every intoxicant is forbidden. Verily Allah the Exalted and Majestic, made a covenant to those who drank intoxicants to make their drink Tinat al-Khabal.” They said, ‘Allah’s Messenger, what is Tinat al-Khabal?’ He said, “It is the sweat of the denizens of Hell or the discharge [pus from the wounds] of the denizens of Hell.” [Muslim: Book 23: Hadith 4962]

‘Abd-Allah ibn ‘Amr said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Whoever drinks alcohol and gets drunk, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will go to Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will go to Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will go to Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he does that again, Allah will give him to drink of the mud of Khabal on the Day of Resurrection.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, what is the mud of Khabal?” He said, “The juice [i.e. the pus from their wounds] of the people of Hell.” [Ibn Majah no. 3377; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Majah, 2722]

And there is another hadith mentioning that some people will come on the Day of Judgment with good deeds on their records like the heights of mountains, however, all of their goods deeds will be turned into dust because they used to cross the Sacred Limits established by Allah (The Exalted) while in privacy.

And Allah Knows Best.

Indystar

Aamaal for young & old

It is an opportunity to present an idea which anyone may conclude from reading of many ahadiths. While a muslim is young and powerful he is really is under a pure test, as when he is young he is in good health, energy, spirits, youth, no responsibility so if he does any good and leaves bad things, it is really demonstrating his ikhlaas and his effort are likely to be highly loved and accepted by Allah Ta'ala. But on the other hand when he gets old, knows sure that he is a mortal being and getting weaker and weaker everyday. He is diabetic, does not enjoy life, health is down, he is lonely as children have grown up gone to their ways, he is retired, has less mobility and remembers Allah,,,, he may be informed that his love was less than the young man who did righteous deeds in his youth, and did good things as he did not have anything to do and was humble due to age. Moreover an old man has lost interest in everthing as he was old. Therefore, the youth time is a precious time which will yield far greater reward from Allah Ta'ala. Unfortunately, we see that in Muslims societies in Asia, the wrong belief is often uttered by elders that now son! you are young ENJOY! it is only an old men's busyness to be religious. So we should understand and acknowledge that youth time is very precious for a muslim as the good things will be very heavy in the sight of Allah.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu Alaykum, Everyone,

As Salamu Alayka, DanylSac, I have only been turning to Islam for a very short time; however, having spent much of my life as an ordained Christian Minister, I can assure you that there is no such doctrine in Christian Soteriology. It sounds like your friend is either succumbing to ism or was never the person you thought him to be.

I struggle with things like music and dogs in the house (although I am an ordained minister, I never took money for my teaching, preaching, or ministering and made my livelihood as a Master Dog Trainer, Long Haul Truck Driver, and Construction Worker.) I love music and dogs and it is very difficult for me to accept these as Haram. But, I can give you a verse from the Bible that describes how Allah feels about obedience and sacrifice:

1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
1Sa 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Hopefully, in the future, Insha Allah, I will be able to use The Noble Quaran to make my point.

JENNAH.K.

Frank! When I first started posting I had just converted and you had not yet (if my memory sevres me correctly) Looks like you have

That's great! :SMILY126::SMILY149::SMILY149:

q8penpals

Salam

I live in Kuwait and have visited Saudi. Alcohol is extremely easy to come by in both of these places. I have been coming through the airport with others and the security guards do nothing when they find bottles of alcohol in suitcases ("as long as its just for personal consumption"). No, it is not legal, but it is one of those things that happens more inside homes - the police have no reason to enter, so they don't catch it. I have been to parties with full-bars in Kuwait, sponsored by Kuwaitis (pre-conversion), and it wasn't even hid really - there were even buses and taxis ready, so no one would drive drunk.

Saudi may have the laws, but it has an extreme difficulty enforcing the laws. For example, when my husband and I drove to Saudi, hypothetically, we could have had a car trunk full of alcohol - they didn't do anything more than pop the hood and take a peek. Our suitcases could have had all sorts of bottles of alcohol or other banned things - they just didn't care.

safiya58

brother Danyal, there is a big diffrence between you and your friend! You are a repenter but he is a sinner!

I´m sure you know very well what it means to repent. It is not just a mere lip action what many people and obviously also this brother thinks....

And to be honest.... I also thought that way once.... Now I´m too young... I can repent later and live pious when I´m older.... this is a very clever trick of shaytan.

If he could only know what it means to repent. It feels so painfull and sametime so sweet... I think it is dispensable to remind him that what he doing is haram. Do you think he does not know that! He does! But rote learning something does not mean to fully understand the meaning of the learned. When you are his friend do you think you can teach him what he is not aware of....? May Allah guide him and give you patience.

*muslimah*09

alot of youngsters are encouraged to 'live their life' while they are young and in their prime, on the pretext that one day they will participate in Hajj and all their sins will be forgiven anyway. May Allah forgive them all, this is common concept among people who have been muslim all their lives, and it is also sometimes encouraged by their elders.

weakslave

As-salaamu `alaykum

No surprise there, except I was expecting you to write Kuwait and not Bahrain.

In Kuwait it is still banned, the bridge was built to Bahrain for a reason..

Where I live, I deal with all kinds of Muslims. Those that practice, and those that do not.

Now unfortunately there are some who feel because they come from a particular country that they have more knowledge than others. That they are superior in a way.

Should I keep in touch, or not? This is a question I ask myself all the time. The answer I have found is: it depends. If I like this person, and I spend a lot of time with them I will need to reconsider. But to completely severe ties with anyone is equivalent to giving up on that individual.

But if at any point, you feel they are bringing you down then this is when you would need to back out and severe communication. Your friendship to that individual in this world is not worth your place in Jannaah.

And don't forget, if you can guide this individual with the help of Allaah you will have so much reward.

What this person is doing (the one you are in contact with) is committing one of the worst sins imaginable: bragging about committing a sin. The danger one puts themselves in when they reach that level of disobedience to Allaah... only Allaah can save them if He wishes.

arzafar

Salam

I live in Kuwait and have visited Saudi. Alcohol is extremely easy to come by in both of these places. I have been coming through the airport with others and the security guards do nothing when they find bottles of alcohol in suitcases ("as long as its just for personal consumption"). No, it is not legal, but it is one of those things that happens more inside homes - the police have no reason to enter, so they don't catch it. I have been to parties with full-bars in Kuwait, sponsored by Kuwaitis (pre-conversion), and it wasn't even hid really - there were even buses and taxis ready, so no one would drive drunk.

Saudi may have the laws, but it has an extreme difficulty enforcing the laws. For example, when my husband and I drove to Saudi, hypothetically, we could have had a car trunk full of alcohol - they didn't do anything more than pop the hood and take a peek. Our suitcases could have had all sorts of bottles of alcohol or other banned things - they just didn't care.

i just realized you were American. believe as American you can do anything you want in any 'muslim' country.