Help please.....

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
:salam2:

So we have this event coming up as part of our university islamic society. Our Islaamic awareness week...

One of the things we have decided to do is play a game of "Weakest Link" (copied the name and play style from this british TV show lol *wink wink*)and we give a prize for the winner. This is only for non-muslims and because the prize is about £100 we are expecting quite a lot of people to sign up in shaAllaah. Now we all need to prepare some questions for the non-muslims. I have done a few questions, and I personally think they are not very good questions. These are the type of questions I am looking for...

1) The questions should not be too complicated, but a few of them can be a bit challenging...
2) The questions should be set up in such a way that the right answer makes them understand more about islaam, perhaps even bring them closer to islaam, bi ithinillaah.

I been trying to think of some and for some reason, my brain is not being very co-operative today, walhamdulillaah.
So brothers and sisters, if you can, please come up with as many questions as possible *smile*

Jazakumullaahu khairan

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum

arzafar

ok bro ill try to help.

Keeping to daily Islamic practices and GK

1. what is the muslim declaration of faith/first pillar of islam.
A. I bear witness that there is no diety worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) is the salve and messenger of Allah.

2. How many obligatory salah are there in one day?
A. 5

3. What is the largest muslim country by population?
A. Indonesia

4. Which arab scientist is called the father of science/optics? [hint: he also has an asteroid and a crater of the moon named after him.]
A. Abū ʿAlī al-Ḥasan ibn al-Ḥasan ibn al-Haytham or Alhazen

5. How many eids/festivals do muslims celebrate in a lunar calender year. name them? or what is name of the muslim festival that marks the end of the month of ramadan.
A. Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Azha.

6. Which direction do muslims face during their prayer?
A. Towards Makkah?

7. How many attributes of Allah are named in the quran and believed by muslims?
A. 99

8. Name the most authentic book of hadith?
A. Sahih Bukhari

9. Which country holds largest minority muslim population?
A. India

i hope this helps :)

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
ok bro ill try to help.

Keeping to daily Islamic practices and GK

1. what is the muslim declaration of faith/first pillar of islam.
A. I bear witness that there is no diety worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) is the salve and messenger of Allah.

2. How many obligatory salah are there in one day?
A. 5

3. What is the largest muslim country by population?
A. Indonesia

4. Which arab scientist is called the father of science/optics? [hint: he also has an asteroid and a crater of the moon named after him.]
A. Abū ʿAlī al-Ḥasan ibn al-Ḥasan ibn al-Haytham or Alhazen

5. How many eids/festivals do muslims celebrate in a lunar calender year. name them? or what is name of the muslim festival that marks the end of the month of ramadan.
A. Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Azha.

6. Which direction do muslims face during their prayer?
A. Towards Makkah?

7. How many attributes of Allah are named in the quran and believed by muslims?
A. 99

8. Name the most authentic book of hadith?
A. Sahih Bukhari

9. Which country holds largest minority muslim population?
A. India

i hope this helps :)

Jazakumullaahu khairan ya akh, some of them are really good questions that can be asked. Please keep more coming if you know of any :)

*muslimah*09

a good question to pose to non muslims is do we as muslims believe in Jesus Christ ( Isa, alayhi salaam), as many non muslims ive pointed this out to are shocked that he was indeed one of our beloved prophets. dont know if this helps inshaAllah

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
a good question to pose to non muslims is do we as muslims believe in Jesus Christ ( Isa, alayhi salaam), as many non muslims ive pointed this out to are shocked that he was indeed one of our beloved prophets. dont know if this helps inshaAllah

Jazakumullaahu khairan, I added this to the list. Barakallaahu feeki

wa salaamu 'alaikkum

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

MashAllah dear brother for the great project, Inshallah it will help others to learn more about Islam and resolve some misconceptions that other may have about Islam.

Regarding your question, I think that it would be much better if you had made an script from where the participants would prepare themselves for the "Islamic quiz", and the question that you would ask them would be contained in the script you made. On this way the possibility of receiving incorect informations about Islam would be reduced, and in the same time participants would maybe learn much more about Islam, than only superficially preparing for the quiz. It is easir to learn when you already have prepared literature for it. It is the same like the school test. You already know from which book to study. If I remember some good questions I will send them InshAllah.

May Allah reword you for your great efforts.Ameen

Wa Allaicumu sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

MashAllah dear brother for the great project, Inshallah it will help others to learn more about Islam and resolve some misconceptions that other may have about Islam.

Regarding your question, I think that it would be much better if you had made an script from where the participants would prepare themselves for the "Islamic quiz", and the question that you would ask them would be contained in the script you made. On this way the possibility of receiving incorect informations about Islam would be reduced, and in the same time participants would maybe learn much more about Islam, than only superficially preparing for the quiz. It is easir to learn when you already have prepared literature for it. It is the same like the school test. You already know from which book to study. If I remember some good questions I will send them InshAllah.

May Allah reword you for your great efforts.Ameen

Wa Allaicumu sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Wa 'alaikkumus-salaam wa rahmathullaahi wa barakaatuhu, Jazakumullahu khairan for the advice sister, that is what we were going to do. We will take down names 2 weeks before the quiz and will give them enough time to prepare. We will also give them leaflets from which they will need to learn islaam. Please do advise me if you remember anything else.

Barakallaahu feeki, wa salaamu 'alaikkum

rightpath_357

Ummm- maybe some of these- sorry if they aren't good ones:D

Who do the Muslims believe, is the last Prophet?

Prophet Muhammad.

The Muslim women wears the hijab, to cover her hair, and also keep her ______?

Modesty

What are the 5 prayers called?
Fajr, Duhur, Asr, Mugrib, Isha

When do you do these prayers?
Before the sun rises, in early afternoon, late afternoon, evening, and night.

Instead of saving up for vacation, most Muslims save up to go where?

To Makkah to preform Ummrah or Hajj.

Maybe some questions about the Prophets history too- like-

Prophet Soloman (AS) had 4 powers- what were they?
He could control the wind, talk to animals, talk to birds, and had Jinn working for him.

Which Prophet was sentanced to being burnt alive because he broke all the idols while his people were gone, and was saved by the cooking of the flame?

Prophet Ibraheem.

Hope these help. Insha'Allah it'll be a great game. :D
Salam:)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Wa 'alaikkumus-salaam wa rahmathullaahi wa barakaatuhu, Jazakumullahu khairan for the advice sister, that is what we were going to do. We will take down names 2 weeks before the quiz and will give them enough time to prepare. We will also give them leaflets from which they will need to learn islaam. Please do advise me if you remember anything else.

Barakallaahu feeki, wa salaamu 'alaikkum

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu once again

Wa iyaki dear brother

Exactly that is the point. That means, the best thing would be that you and the rest of the group which is organisator of the quiz, gather together and make the questions. Offcourse you will be guided with the literature you gave them. Questions would be of the character, where in one question you will have three answers, so on that way the mayority of literature will be passed and Islamic material affirmed.

For us it would be easir to suggest the questions if we would have literature that you will use infront ourselfes. I am afraid that we could suggest questions which are too hard for the beginiers and which are not contained in the script they will use.

InshAllah it will not be hard work for you and the rest of the group to make good questions. May Allah help you.

Remember that Omar r.a. said:"In good question is half of knowledge".:)

May Allah bless you dear brother

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu ' Alayka,

I would also asked some easy questions like:

what does the tradition Islamic Greeting Mean.

Peace unto you.

What is the accepted word for one who practices Islam.

Muslim.

etc.

Peace92

Revert to Islam
What a wonderful idea brother Thariq, MashAllah.

I was just wondering though, who will be hosting the "show"? Chris Tarrant by any chance? :D

Peace.

arzafar

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu once again

Wa iyaki dear brother

Exactly that is the point. That means, the best thing would be that you and the rest of the group which is organisator of the quiz, gather together and make the questions. Offcourse you will be guided with the literature you gave them. Questions would be of the character, where in one question you will have three answers, so on that way the mayority of literature will be passed and Islamic material affirmed.

For us it would be easir to suggest the questions if we would have literature that you will use infront ourselfes. I am afraid that we could suggest questions which are too hard for the beginiers and which are not contained in the script they will use.

InshAllah it will not be hard work for you and the rest of the group to make good questions. May Allah help you.

Remember that Omar r.a. said:"In good question is half of knowledge".:)

May Allah bless you dear brother

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

that's a good point actually. It would be better if we know the topics you are going to prepare the quiz from. like
articles of faith
seerah tun nabi
islamic history
islamic fiqh
shariah
if we have the list of topics then, it will be easy to make questions.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
What a wonderful idea brother Thariq, MashAllah.

I was just wondering though, who will be hosting the "show"? Chris Tarrant by any chance? :D

Peace.

Salaamu 'alaikkum, no we wont be having Chris Tarrant or Ann Robinson, but a brother will be doing it, who will be speaking kinda posh, and will act rude like Ann Robinson *wink* (Just to add to the humour *smile* lol))

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
that's a good point actually. It would be better if we know the topics you are going to prepare the quiz from. like
articles of faith
seerah tun nabi
islamic history
islamic fiqh
shariah
if we have the list of topics then, it will be easy to make questions.

Since it is non muslims, it will be mostly to do with basic belief related issues and try to address misconceptions indirectly.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I think it would be good to ask questions about misconceptions. Like a question where the answer would be surprising to non muslims. Don't ask really strictly-islamic questions, like name of the five prayers etc. What will they learn?

But if you ask:

"Are men and women in islam equal - true or false" The answer is true, but most people will think women are treated like slaves.

Or "What do Prophets Moses, Jesus, Adam, Solomon, David, etc etc (may peace be upon them) have in common?" Ans: They were all Muslim.

Things like this which create an interest for non-muslims to start learning about Islam. Remember you have to make it VERY interesting. You're competing with their daily music and video games and pubbing here - make them Want to learn more and plant a tiny islamic seed in their brains.

Q. Name two modern scientific discoveries that were written in Quran 1400 years ago? A: Pulsar star and Fetus development. And then *explain* in detail to them.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
I think it would be good to ask questions about misconceptions. Like a question where the answer would be surprising to non muslims. Don't ask really strictly-islamic questions, like name of the five prayers etc. What will they learn?

But if you ask:

"Are men and women in islam equal - true or false" The answer is true, but most people will think women are treated like slaves.

Or "What do Prophets Moses, Jesus, Adam, Solomon, David, etc etc (may peace be upon them) have in common?" Ans: They were all Muslim.

Things like this which create an interest for non-muslims to start learning about Islam. Remember you have to make it VERY interesting. You're competing with their daily music and video games and pubbing here - make them Want to learn more and plant a tiny islamic seed in their brains.

Q. Name two modern scientific discoveries that were written in Quran 1400 years ago? A: Pulsar star and Fetus development. And then *explain* in detail to them.

That thing in bold is soo true, we discussed this in our meeting and we got to make sure that the questions don't go too deep. Jazakumullaahu khairan ukhti

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Jazakumullahu khairan brother Azam, we made a poster about "One in every 5 people is a muslim" or something like that. Wa salaamu 'alaikkum

abu'muhammad

:salam2:

Masha Allah! may Allah be your wali and helper. Apart from this good arrangement, I think you could also have some questions from them too! I wish you could have some speaker who could have long/ brief speech, if and as per the time schedule allows. later the non-muslims be asking some questions. There are lot of misconceptions that could be cleared, inshaAllah. May be that will help these people who just have misconceptions without reasons, or have herd-mentality, or what they hear wrong or right take it as its truth, regarding Islam. Some of such misconceptions that could be like : khawareej actions been linked to Islam, plural marriages, or burkhas –niqabs etc, as just examples, and further many more. I feel this would be an effective work and they would have freedom to ask the questions of their choice. May be they can have a gathering where some of them could depart with a correct view and further a way to islam, if Allah wills for them.

That is my suggestion, may be you guys would have plans on floor.further no new questions are coming to me too at the moment,and may be later :) .If you can just add the scheduled date here, Inshaallah until then I could try to be resourcive for the same.