Hair relaxer

umma harun

:salam2:

A relaxer is a type of lotion or cream which makes hair less curly, and easier to straighten by chemically "relaxing" the natural curls. The active agent is usually a strong alkali, although some formulations are based on ammonium thioglycolate instead.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxer

it is permissible for a Muslim girl to use such a product???

BinteShafi

Left long ago
I found following from IslamQA regarding beauty product. I hope this will help insha Allah.

Praise be to Allaah.

The basic principle is that anything that is used for adornment and beautification is permissible. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who created for you all that is on earth”

[al-Baqarah 2:29]

That may be mustahabb if the intention is to beautify yourself for your husband, because this is something that is prescribed in sharee’ah.

But this is subject to the condition that nothing haraam is involved, such as adorning yourself for non-mahram men to whom it is not permissible to show your beauty. It is also subject to the condition that it does not contain any substance that may harm the body or that is impure such as pig fat. In that case it is haraam, because we are forbidden to do things that will harm us, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “there should be no harming or reciprocating harm.”

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

There is nothing wrong with using beauty products because the basic principle is that things are permissible until it is made clear that they are haraam… But if it becomes clear that it is harmful, then in this case it is not allowed.
Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 3/831

Dr Wajeeh Zayn al-‘Aabideen wrote an article in al-Wa’i al-Islami magazine about the harm that the cosmetics which are widely used by women nowadays may cause. In this article he said:

Lipstick may cause swelling of the lips or drying and cracking of the thin skin of the lips, because it removes the protective layer of the lips.

Quoted from Zeenat al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah by Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah al-Fawzaan, p. 51

So Muslim women should make sure, before using any of the commonly-used cosmetics, that it will not cause any damage to her body.

And Allaah knows best.

mmasood65

Aslamoalikum. Nothing wrong in it. Even if any Haram ingredient is included and after chemical reaction that ingredient lose its basic cheretristics and new thing is formed with new cheretristics,its alowed to use.
Natural fertilizers are made of human and animal wastes and we sprinkle them in fields. These wastes convert in grains , vegitables and fruts and we eat them. Similerly in animal feed and poultry feed blood and many other waste products are used . When anilams eat them they break in amino acids and new type of proten is formed and we eat chicken and animal meat. Hope i answered your question