Silly preparation for Hijab?

kayleigh

I have plain metal safety pins, and no machine beeped and no one stopped me. Relax sister :)

Yeah I think it picks up only large amounts of metal because I go through metal detectors daily to get to work and my metal jewelry and belt buckle never sets it off.

sharazad

Sister
A very helpfull thread, Alhamdulillah! Am also in this situation as you sister Jennah, and am now taking usefull tips from here :) InshAllah i can have the strenght not to care about other peoples stares and judgements soon.

MindHeartFree

I once read that knowing Islam was like having a great treasure.

The way I see it is that by wearing hijab you are declaring that you have this great treasure. And anyone with a great treasure is going to attract attention.

shichemlydia

welcome sister

salam alikoum sister,
welcome to islam and to this forum, hope you enjoy your stay with us, may allah enable you to cope with the isuue of hijab, ameen
wa salam alikoum

JENNAH.K.

Hijab update

My mother (who is also my best friend) (and is not following any religion) knowing that I want to wear hijab thinks that I not start wearing it until I am prepared to wear it everyday, its not a fashion statement, its a commitment. If she had not of said this I may have put it on already to try how it feels.

My plan: I will be travelling alone on Saturday on a couple international flights. I will wear it then and wont have to run into friends/acquaintences/family members and have to explain myself. Also the people in the airports will be expecting different cultural dress and will not have as much attention on me.

So on the one hand it is weak that I have not yet tried to wear hijab in public and on the other hand I am getting a good opportunity to wear the hijab without having much attention on me.

I do want to mention: Allahumdelila for our life today and may the people of Haiti draw nearer to Allah.

Aaliyah Kelly

Slmz Sister

I am also a new Muslim.

And I've made an intention to wear scarf every Friday Insha Alaah. And every time I wear it I get the strangest looks that you can’t believe ....... what’s this white blonde haired girl doing with a scarf on her head????

My goodness she’s gotta be crazy!!!

Thoughts that run through others mind should be the least of your concern. What should be on your mind is that I’m doing this to PLEASE Allah and no-one else!! And may Allah accept my actions Insha Allah.

And the End of the day i know that its terrifying, especially if you need to approach the family members that you love most, know what their reaction could be!!! I know that I terrifies me!

I’m not sure if doing it slowly will work for you, but I really good forward to wearing scarf every Friday! I even plan my outfit around the scarf I feel like wearing!!

May Allah make this situation that you find yourself in EASY for you!

:wasalam: Aaliyah

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
assalamu alaykum sister,

alhamdulillah for having accepted Islam masha'Allah! :)

My advice is very very simple and I guess you've heard it from many people.

Go slowly, follow Islam step by step and with the right intention insha'Allah! None should judge you as a "weak" person only because you are not wearing it in public yet. It's between you and Allah. Think about His judgement and nobody's else!

Learn tawheed, put it in your heart and once this will be done, believe me, things will come very easy insha'Allah!

I wish you all the best my dear sister and may Allah make things easy for all the new muslims insha'Allah!!

:salam2:

hana*

salamualaikum,

I wish both Jennah and Aaliyah every success and strength in wearing the Hijab. just as Jennah's mother said: its a commitment. I believe that when you finally take on the hijab full-time it will be one of the greatest steps you can take: as every time you walk out the house you are concious that you are doing something to please Allah and nobody else.

all the best, May Allah strengthen and reward you

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I'm happy for all the sisters starting to wear hijab! :D I've also been wearing hijab, for not even 6 months yet, but I can't ever imagine going back to non-hijab.

My few tips to hopefully make it easy:

1. Remember WHY you are doing this. If you feel frustrated each time you go outside without hijab on, you're on the right path, inshallah, and are ready for hijab. :)

2. Don't think "From now on I'll wear hijab." No. Instead think: "Today, when I go out for two hours, I'll wear hijab." And do it for only that occasion. Then the next time, you go out, say "Today again, when I go out I'll put on hijab." And then each outing, put on hijab for only that outing. If you do that, soon, you'll realize you've been wearing it for a week. Then a month. Soon, months will go by, and each time you only think "I'm going out and for now, I'll put on hijab." When it becomes easy for you, you'll realize you don't even want to take your hijab off anymore. 'Cause you don't have to stand in front of the mirror trying to put each hair in place. You can just put your hair up in messy buns and be off! How liberating is that! :D

likeali4life

May Allah give both Jennah.K and Aaliyah kelly strenght and encouragement to keep on wearing the hijab. Alls i can say is just keep your self motivated and dont get distracted by people looking at you. Let people say what they wish, just remeber that Allah is watching you and them.

I wish you all the best my dear sisters. May Allah make things easy for you and all the Muslim Ummah.....Ameen