You are a wahabi if........

Status
Not open for further replies.

shariqhitman

;Bismillahi ar-Rahman ar-Raheem

The following few lines were reflectional realities we have noticed throughout our experiences and we have gathered all of these absurdities in the way non sunnis have judged the sunni masses of Muslims throughout the world in one declaration.

1. If grow your beard, you’re a wahhabi

2. If you encourage Muslims to act according to the Qur’an and Hadeeth then you’re a wahhabi

3. If you cover yourself according to the shariah parameters regarding the hijaab, then you’re a wahhabi

4. If you wear a niqaab (the veil), you’re a wahhabi

5. If you believe that in the land of the “free” there are vices practiced here by which no nation has remotely done either in quantity or in its monstrosity, then you’re an extremist wahhabi

6. If you follow the practice of every reasonable group of people since our existence by characterizing people based on their creedal affiliation, then you’re a Wahhabi who wishes to cause discord.

7. If you believe the Qur’an is the literal word of God, then you’re a wahhabi fundamentalist.

8. If you believe the Islamic creed is based on the sunnah and not based on philosophical rhetoric of the Greek logicians, then you’re a wahhabi

9. If you believe that Ibn Taymiyyah was a champion in orthodox Islam, then you’re a anthropomorphizing wahhabi

10. If you believe that the religion of Islam, its orthodoxy is based on what the prophet and his companions were upon, then you’re a Wahhabi.

11. If you believe that Allah rose over the Throne as He says in the Qur’an in several places, then you’re a wahhabi who is attributing direction and confinement for Allah.

12. If you regard that someone should not be making supplications to the inhabitants of the grave even if those people claim that they are the awliyyah of Allah, therefore legitimizing their polytheism like the Qur’an related the legitimizing of the pagans in their supplications to their idols, then you’re an extremist wahhabi.

13. If you even remotely refer to Imaam Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhab as part of Islamic scholarship or mention him in a positive light, then you’re a wahhabi

14. If you believe in everything that Allah described about Himself without knowing the actual nature of Allah or the Attribute He is characterizing Himself with, then you’re a wahhabi anthropomorphist.

15. If you mention the word bida at any time of your life, then you’re a wahhabi

16. If you believe that the only correct Islam is derived on how the predecessors of the nation of Muhammad understood Islam and that this is the only persuasion that can be considered Islamic, then you’re an incoherent wahhabi who does not aknowledge the “pluralistic nature of Islam”.

17. If you believe that Islam did not allow differing in the fundamentals of the religion then you’re an intolerant wahhabi

18. If you even mention the name “al-Albanee” in a positive light, then you’re a wahhabi

19. If you believe that the purpose of the madhaabs was to guide the aspiring student of knowledge and to guide him in the fundamentals of the deduction of law and not a set of rituals that one must make absolute blind faith therein especially if there exists a clear text in the Qur’an or Hadeeth that opines to a different view, then you’re a wahhabi who “degenerates Islamic scholarship” and a wahhabi who promotes “anti-madhaabism”

20. If you believe that anyone beyond the prophet is exempt from being infallible, then you’re a wahhabi who denies the scholarship of the classical jurists.

21. If you critique any of the Imaams for errors they have fallen into by mentioning the clarifications of other Imaams, then you’re a wahhabi who is “reviling the scholars”

22. If you believe that the legislation of Allah should be implemented politically then you’re an extremist wahhabi “Islamist”

23. If you believe that revisionism does not apply in the fundamentals of Islam, then you’re a wahhabi who is “opposed to advancement”

24. If you believe in jihad, then you’re an extremist wahhabi “Islamist” 'jihadist"

25. If you merely mention the term jihad as part of Islamic history, theology or practice, then you’re a wahhabi “Islamist”

26. If you clarify the reality of Jihad to others, then you’re a wahhabi who wants to “kill the infidel”

27. If you regard some of the practices of the sufis as innovation like the orthodox sunni scholars of Islam have clarified, then you’re a wahhabi

28. If you refer to Saudi Arabia in a good light, then you’re a Saudi salafi wahhabi.

29. If you don’t believe on making takfir of people except on what the scholars have held to be validated takfir, then you’re a Saudi salafi murji wannabe wahhabi who has "left" the sunnah of the Najdi Imaams

30. If you do believe that shariah came with the function of takfir on the basis of those who apostate, then you’re a wahhabi who is “trying to cause division”

31. If you merely believe that Islam came with the concept of “love and hate for the sake of Allah”, then you’re an extremist wahhabi

32. If you believe that the claim of being “moderate” in Islam is a fable because Islam is itself moderate and makes or molds the individual to be inherently moderate due to the ayah of Allah “We have made you an ummatun-wasata (a balanced nation)”, then you’re a wahhabi fanatic

33. If you do not limit jihad to defense and affirm that jihad has an offense, then you’re a wahhabi Islamist radical and my personal favorite a “jihadist”

34. If you wear your pants, thawb, or izaar above your ankles, then you’re a wahhabi

35. If you wear a thawb, then you’re a wahhabi

36. If you wear the shamaagh (the headscarves used in the gulf states) then you’re a wahhabi.

37. If you refer to Jews in accord to how Allah refers to them (sometimes in good light, sometimes in a bad light, a way in between, criticism were needed and praise were needed) then you’re a fanatic wahhabi who is being “anti-Semitic”

38. If you regard the occupation of Palestine as an invalid oppression, illegal, and against U.N. sanctions as described by the UN, then you’re an anti-Semitic wahhabi.

39. If you even refer to Palestine as Palestine instead of “Israel” then you’re a wahhabi

40. If you believe that intermingling between sexes upon all levels of life is a moral decedance of a society then you’re an extremist wahhabi who is against “women’s rights”

41. If you’re a Muslimah and you hold these beliefs then you’re a wahhabi that “has been brainwashed and therefore you do not know what is good for you and what is not”

42. If you believe that Islam inherently was working to improve the status of men with their Lord to the level of “We hear and obey” and did not come with “let me understanding everything with my intellect” then you’re a radical wahhabi “who is opposed to using our intellects”

43. If you believe that criticizing the beliefs of others if it arrives at falsehood or is incoherent or that its basis is erroneous, then you’re a wahhabi who “doesn’t want to leave people and their beliefs alone ” and “are too judgmental of others”

44. If you believe that faith is not only affirmation of the heart, but as well speech of the tongue and actions of the limbs, then you’re an extremist wahhabi who “likes to be judgmental of others”

45. If you believe that Allah is above everything then you’re a wahhabi “who believes Allah is sitting on a chair like a judge”

46. If you impugn the deviated sects with heresy as the orthodox sunni scholars have done, then you’re a wahhabi who likes to cause disunity

47. If you believe that the essential purpose of the four madhaabs is to be viewed how the classical orthodox sunni jurists had described, in that the madhaab was to mold the jurist and protect him from deviating in the derivation of law, and that the general masses of the people (laymen) has no madhaab as the majority of orthodox sunni scholars have opined to, then you’re a staunch wahhabi anti-madhaabi

48. If you believe that our sunni madhaabs is to understand how to extract the rulings of shari’ah and not to be blindly followed to the exclusion of all other qualified classical scholars then you’re a la madhaabi.

49. If you’re a hanbali but do not follow the deviations of the Syrian heretics who claim to be hanbali while espousing jahmi beliefs, then you’re a wahhabi who is a wannabe hanbali

50. If you believe that the classical orthodox sunni scholars had vehemently warned against the innovation of a thought called Sufism like the classical scholars like Ibn Qudamah, Ibnul-Jawzi, Qadhi Abdul-Wahhaab al-Maliki and the jumhoor of the four sunni scholars of fiqh and other than them, then you’re a wahhabi

51. If you believe that the gates of ijtihaad are not closed because you know there is not a shred of evidence for this audacious claim anywhere in the Qur’an, Sunnah, the Ijmaa of the scholars, or any analogous reasoning of even a single Imaam of ahlu-sunnah and that you recognize this audacious claim to be a new invention of moden day anti-sunnis called ash’aris and sufis, then you’re a wahhabi

52. If you acknowledge that the ihyaa uloomu-deen of Imaam Ghazali has serious blunders in its thought fueled by the mass quantity of false ahadeeth as pointed out by every haafidh of this religion from the moment of its authorship until our era, then you’re a wahhabi who is causing dissension and you are anti-spiritual.

stargazer

Clear Skies!
The list also includes numerous tips on how to distinguish a terrorist too.

I encountered a beautful counter argument regarding the wahhaby by a sheikh whose name I do not remember.

He said that when the people call someone a wahhaaby it means slave of wahhab that is Allah as al wahhab is an attribute of Allah. So then he says when someone calls a person wahhaabi he is saying that that particular person is a slave of wahhab. Lol. Though they used it as a way of mockery unknowingly

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

34. If you wear your pants, thawb, or izaar above your ankles, then you’re a wahhabi

Assalamu allaykum

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for this very usefull article mashallah.

But I have a question of the stament above,because I have noticed that some brothers wear thier pants above their aknles. Which is the reason for this???

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Peace92

Revert to Islam
Salam@sister Asja

“Wearing whatever is below the ankles may drive one to Hell”. (Narrated by Al-Bukhari)
Wasalam

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamu allaykum

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for this very usefull article mashallah.

But I have a question of the stament above,because I have noticed that some brothers wear thier pants above their aknles. Which is the reason for this???

May Allah bless you

:salam2: sister Asja,

Wearing pants, Pajamas etc above the ankle is a Sunnah for Males.
I hope that was your question,b'cos I haven't clearly understood your question.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salam@sister Asja

“Wearing whatever is below the ankles may drive one to Hell”. (Narrated by Al-Bukhari)
Wasalam

wa allaykum salam dear sister

Jazzak Allah khair for your explination.I know for haadith that sais that it is forbidden to let a cloth towing on land because of pride,and it is not desirable if it is not comiting because of pride,and Alhamdulilah I agree with that.

But actualy I have noticced that some brother wear also much above the anckles,and what also mean not in according to Sunaah. I do not understand why some Muslim brothers do that.

And also I find strange that some Muslim brothers lenght thier beard much longer than it is with Sunnaah, like some of thier beards are untill thier stomach. I love Sunaah beard but do not like over reacting in aything like is beard untill stomach. And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said something wrong

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2: sister Asja,

Wearing pants, Pajamas etc above the ankle is a Sunnah for Males.
I hope that was your question,b'cos I haven't clearly understood your question.

baarak Allah feekh dear brother for your answer.

So it is fine that Muslim man wear thier pants untill the anckles and above their ankles.

May Allah bless you

stargazer

Clear Skies!
wa allaykum salam dear sister

Jazzak Allah khair for your explination.I know for haadith that sais that it is forbidden to let a cloth towing on land because of pride,and it is not desirable if it is not comiting because of pride,and Alhamdulilah I agree with that.

But actualy I have noticced that some brother wear also much above the anckles,and what also mean not in according to Sunaah. I do not understand why some Muslim brothers do that.

And also I find strange that some Muslim brothers lenght thier beard much longer than it is with Sunnaah, like some of thier beards are untill thier stomach. I love Sunaah beard but do not like over reacting in anything like is beard untill stomach. And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said something wrong

Those who grow their beards longer than the fist's length and raise the Izar way above the ankle also believe that they are following the sunnah of Messenger SAW. Some scholars have disputed over the issue and I also agree with your view as the correct way. But we must respect the aforementioned people also and their views as long as they do not go to the extreme in upholding their point of view.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Those who grow their beards longer than the fist's length and raise the Izar way above the ankle also believe that they are following the sunnah of Messenger SAW. Some scholars have disputed over the issue and I also agree with your view as the correct way. But we must respect the aforementioned people also and their views as long as they do not go to the extreme in upholding their point of view.

:salam2:

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother

Alhamdulillah I support that Muslim man grow long beards which are longer than the first lenght, but I do not like when beards are long untill stomach, that lenght to me it seems like over reacting and Allah subhan we teala and His Messanger s.a.w.s. knows the best.

And regarding rising clothes above ankles Alhamdulillah I respect it, although I do not see reason for that when man can wear thier pants untiil ankles, neither above, neither below,and like I have understood from saheeh haadith this is from Sunaah,and Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

The sunnah is wearing the salwaar, izaar, thawb etc. to the mid-shin, above the ankels is really the lowest one should go. This is because the Prophet, sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam said,

"The lower garment of a believer (male) should be half way below the knees. He is guilty of no sin if they are up to the ankles. That which is below the ankles is in the Fire of Hell. Allaah will not look at the one who allows his lower garment to trail out of vanity."
[See Riyaad us-Saaliheen, The Book of Dress and also Sunan Abee Daawood]​

As for the beard, then the act of trimming it fistful length is the act of some companion, and not attributed to the Prophet (sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) in any way. However, it is reported the some of the Sahabah would trim what exceeded a fistful, upon performing a hajj or `umrah.

So that is why we wear our garments to our shins, notably higher than the ankle. It is also why many spare the beards leaving them beyond a fistful, since it is an act that is not attributed to the Prophet, sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, and Allaah knows best...

9. If you believe that Ibn Taymiyyah was a champion in orthodox Islam, then you’re a anthropomorphizing wahhabi

:SMILY335: ...On the point of beards and 'wahhaabis', there's one missing! I was called a Wahhaabi and Sikh for sparing the beard.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Coment on the post of brother "Al-Kashmiri"

Regarding the lenth of the clothes and the hadith that has been posted and in which is said that "above the ankels " is the lowest one should wear.

Can we see from this hadith is it according with sunnah that lenth of ones clothes be untill the ankles, what means not below the ankles??

In this hadith it is not said it can not be untill the ankels and Allah knows the best. So by this one has the choice to wear it above the ankles and untill the ankles. All that which is below the ankles is in the Fire of Hell,although it is very importante to make a point on this " all which is below ankles will be in Hellfire".

It has been narrated from Abu Zarr r.a. that Allah messanger s.a.w.s said: With three Allah will not talk on day of Judgment, it will not look at them with blessing, it will not clean them from thier sins,and for them is preperared punishment". ResulAllah saalahu alayhe wa saalam, has repeated that 3 times.so Abu Zarr said: " They are sink and lost!" And who are they, oh Allahs Messanger"? The one who lenght his clothes from pride to tow on land, the one who ourflows his goodness,and the one who is selling and falsely taking from others, ResulAllah s.a.w.s respond it. ( Muslim)

Allah Messanger s.a.w.s said: " The one who let his izaar,and the limit for man are his ankles, because that what is below ankles will be In Fire"( Muslim) And this appley only on man who are leting thier cloth below thier ankles from pride, like it stays in previous haadiths. ( Rijadu-s-salihin)

From these hadiths above it is said that only those who wear their clothes below the ankles out of pride, for them is haram, and not for those who wear it not out of pride. In this case also can be applyed hadith "actions are by intentions". I have understood it the way how it was written. And Allah knows the best.

Regarding the beard and its lenght it should be according the sunnah, but brother Stargazer stated that if it is longer than how it is according with Sunnah, we should respect it as they belive it is also the corect way and according with sunnah. Allhamdullilah our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s explained us everything, and I respect the decision of those brothers who want to wear longer beards, but as long as they are not overreacting and going to far from sunnah beard, becouse Allah does not love those who over react.

And which is sparing beard and is it from Sunaah???

It is forbiden to call others with different names, but I have heared some brother calling themselves "Wahhaabi", I do not know why. We should only call ourselves "Muslims" and Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

From these hadiths above it is said that only those who wear their clothes below the ankles out of pride, for them is haram, and not for those who wear it not out of pride. In this case also can be applyed hadith "actions are by intentions". I have understood it the way how it was written. And Allah knows the best.

wa 'alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu

I just had a comment to mention with this point - because a lot of people try to use it to justify lowering their clothes below the ankles. I would like to ask each and every one of us honestly if we believe ourselves to be free of pride?

If we look to other ahadeeth, the Sunnah was mid-shin and the extent was up to the ankles, and the point of importance was never placed on whether one was doing it out of pride or not. The Sahaabah were the best followers, the strongest in their Imaan and the farthest removed from bad qualities, however they would still keep their lower garments above their ankles, and in fact Rasoolullah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam commanded many of them to do so! If Allaah declared them the best of the Ummah, can we follow them and claim our hearts are purer? That we are father removed from pride and therefore subject to this right to trial garments (in reference to men only of course)? It is even shown for Abu Bakr radiallahu anhu that he was declared innocent of pride, and yet he would still try to maintain isbaal as best as he could. After this, I dont see how people justify and praise their intentions in believing themselves free of pride.

And a question I've always wondered, if it's not out of pride - as they say, then what's the problem raising your pants out of following the Sunnah?! SubhanAllaah.

Anyways, here's an excerpt below also alluding to this topic:

Ibn ‘Abbaas reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah will not look at the one who wears his lower garment below his ankles." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i in al-Mujtabaa, Kitaab al-Zeenah, Baab Isbaal al-Izaar).

Hudhayfah said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took hold of the muscle of my calf (or his calf) and said, ‘This is where the izaar should stop; if you insist, it may be lower, but it should not reach the ankles.’" (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, who said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth; see Sunan al-Tirmidhi, no. 1783)

All of the ahaadeeth quoted above speak against isbaal, whether or not the intention is to show off; but if a person does this deliberately out of arrogance, there is no doubt that his sin is greater. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah will not look at the one who trails his izaar on the ground out of pride." (al-Bukhaari, no. 5788)

Jaabir ibn Sulaym said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: ‘Beware of wearing one’s lower garment below the ankles, because this is a kind of showing-off, and Allaah does not love showing-off.’" (Regarded as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2722).

No one is able to be completely free of pride and arrogance, even if he claims that this is so. Such a claim is unacceptable, because by saying it, he is praising himself. Only in the case of those whom the wahy (revelation) testified that they were free of pride do we believe that this is the case. For example, there is a hadeeth which states that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever trails his garment on the ground out of pride, Allaah will not look at him on the Day of Resurrection." Abu Bakr said to him, "O Messenger of Allaah, my izaar slips down if I do not pay attention to it." He said: "You are not one of those who do it out of pride." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 5784)

What indicates that isbaal is prohibited even if it is not done out of pride is the hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri, may Allaah be pleased with him, who said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The lower garment of the Muslim should come down to mid-calf, but there is nothing wrong if it is between that point and the ankles. Whatever is lower than the ankles is in the Fire. Whoever trails his garment on the ground out of pride, Allaah will not look at him." (Reported by Abu Dawud, no. 4093, with a saheeh isnaad.)

These ahaadeeth describe two different deeds, for which there will be two different punishments:
Imaam Ahmad reported that Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Ya’qoob said: "I asked Abu Sa’eed: ‘Did you hear anything from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning the izaar (lower garment)?’ he said, ‘Yes, listen! ‘The izaar of the believer should come to mid-calf, although there is nothing wrong if it comes between there and the ankles, but whatever is lower than the ankles is in the Fire,’ and he said it three times."

Ibn ‘Umar said: "I passed by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and my izaar had slipped down. He said, ‘O ‘Abdullaah, pull up your izaar!’ so I pulled it up. He said, ‘More!’ so I pulled it up more, and always made sure it was pulled up properly after that." Some people asked, "To where did you pull it up?" He said, "To mid-calf length." (Reported by Muslim, no. 2086; al-Dhahabi, Kitaab al-Kabaa’ir, 131-132)

The emphasis was added by me. Especially the last one in which we see Ibn 'Umar, the one known for his strong adherence to all aspects of Sunnah who was told by the Messenger of Allaah :saw: himself to raise his izaar when it slipped, to the extent of mid-calf. After this can we claim he did it out of pride? Astagfirullah I do not know anyone who would do so. Furthermore would we say mid-calf for the brothers who wear it there are wrong? SubhanAllah we cannot do that either when it's clearly mentioned in these ahadeeth!

For me, I am very pleased with the men who follow this commandment and whenever I come across them it makes me happy =) . Allaah has prescribed a manner and way of dress for both men and women, but many times so much greater emphasis is put upon the women and the men are neglected, but both are equally important.

Allaah knows best.

May He guide us all to what is correct. Ameen.

wasalam

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Articles such as this, do nothing to help Islam or the Muslims. This is just emotional speech from people who are tired with the sayings of the less knowledgeable. It simply divides ignorant people who are not well-versed in Islam, and causes hatred and dissension among the common people and the uses of these different terms. There is no such thing as a "wahabi." If you come across Muslims that are not knowledgeable about Islam, then you may take the time to discuss and gently admonish them by using the verses of the Qur'an and hadith. Take the advice of the Sahabi Ali (may Allah be pleased with him), when he told the Muslims to not put one another in a position in which the one that is ignorant utters some words and statements that propel him into the realm of disbelief and the wrath of Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) due to his lack of knowledge.

The purpose of the Muslim should be to help get as many people into Heaven as possible.
This is what Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) wants, to place as many people as possible into Heaven. When you come across less knowledgeable Muslims, then speak to them kindly, smiling and calm. If they disagree about something, then state "Allah Knows Best," and do not jump anxiously to show your superiority over them in terms of knowledge. This is the way preaching should be done for common people and those that have never studied the religion in a school. One must approach them nicely and speak politely. And do not try to debate or overcome the other person. The Muslim that is truly knowledgeable understands this, you will see that the faith has filled both his heart and soul, moving beyond the external. The knowledgeable Muslim wishes best for his brothers. He understands that this behavior of picking debates with other Muslims that have not acquired as much knowledge is something hated by Allah (The Exalted). Because the one that knows less may inadvertently remove himself from the religion or acquire a major sin by speaking without knowledge, just because he feels that his character and beliefs are being undermined in a debate. Many of the peoples that come from the Middle-East and Central Asia have superstitious beliefs and other incorrect ideas about Islam. They are not Puritan Muslims. You must treat them as a gardener, planting a small seed, then tending to it carefully, watering it just right and giving it enough sunlight, removing any debris, until it grows stronger.

When you come across people that use these terms, then just say we are Muslims following the Qur'an and Sunnah. And do not involve yourself into these type of discussions. The Muslims that are knowledgeable should attempt to strengthen the Muslim Ummah through unity and not accomplish the task of Iblis (Satan), helping to cause division.

*The post should be edited or removed.

And Allah Knows Best.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Sorry, somehow I thought it was implied in my post that there are two opinions with regards to the beard, both deserving respect. Those who limit to the action of the Prophet, sall Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, and those who include the sunnah of his companions.

The ankle issue pretty straight inshaa' Allaah. The best (sunnah) is mid-shin, to the ankles is fine, and below the ankles is in the fire. [The majority of orthodox `Ullemaa' do agree on the prohibition of dragging garments below the ankle. The only exception is of one whose garments fall without his intent. The example and proof of Abu Bakr outlines this. It doesn't indicate free reign to let garments drag...] And of course, Allaah knows best.

Sometimes, and it works, people say they are 'wahhaabi' when someone calls them one. They then explain the meaning of the term, or say, 'If following the Qur'aan and Sunnah is a wahhaabism then I'm a wahhaabi'. I've only seen it being used when some ignorant mocks them for something or other pertaining Islaam.

EDIT: Concerning what I wrote in grey, I believe it was an incorrect statement on my part, may Allaah forgive me.

Was-salaam

Abdul25

Logical Believer

The following few lines were reflectional realities we have noticed throughout our experiences and we have gathered all of these absurdities in the way non sunnis have judged the sunni masses of Muslims throughout the world in one declaration.

1. If grow your beard, you’re a wahhabi

2. If you encourage Muslims to act according to the Qur’an and Hadeeth then you’re a wahhabi

3. If you cover yourself according to the shariah parameters regarding the hijaab, then you’re a wahhabi

4. If you wear a niqaab (the veil), you’re a wahhabi

5. If you believe that in the land of the “free” there are vices practiced here by which no nation has remotely done either in quantity or in its monstrosity, then you’re an extremist wahhabi

6. If you follow the practice of every reasonable group of people since our existence by characterizing people based on their creedal affiliation, then you’re a Wahhabi who wishes to cause discord.

7. If you believe the Qur’an is the literal word of God, then you’re a wahhabi fundamentalist.

8. If you believe the Islamic creed is based on the sunnah and not based on philosophical rhetoric of the Greek logicians, then you’re a wahhabi

10. If you believe that the religion of Islam, its orthodoxy is based on what the prophet and his companions were upon, then you’re a Wahhabi.

11. If you believe that Allah rose over the Throne as He says in the Qur’an in several places, then you’re a wahhabi who is attributing direction and confinement for Allah.

12. If you regard that someone should not be making supplications to the inhabitants of the grave even if those people claim that they are the awliyyah of Allah, therefore legitimizing their polytheism like the Qur’an related the legitimizing of the pagans in their supplications to their idols, then you’re an extremist wahhabi.

13. If you even remotely refer to Imaam Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhab as part of Islamic scholarship or mention him in a positive light, then you’re a wahhabi

14. If you believe in everything that Allah described about Himself without knowing the actual nature of Allah or the Attribute He is characterizing Himself with, then you’re a wahhabi anthropomorphist.

15. If you mention the word bida at any time of your life, then you’re a wahhabi

16. If you believe that the only correct Islam is derived on how the predecessors of the nation of Muhammad understood Islam and that this is the only persuasion that can be considered Islamic, then you’re an incoherent wahhabi who does not aknowledge the “pluralistic nature of Islam”.

17. If you believe that Islam did not allow differing in the fundamentals of the religion then you’re an intolerant wahhabi

18. If you even mention the name “al-Albanee” in a positive light, then you’re a wahhabi

19. If you believe that the purpose of the madhaabs was to guide the aspiring student of knowledge and to guide him in the fundamentals of the deduction of law and not a set of rituals that one must make absolute blind faith therein especially if there exists a clear text in the Qur’an or Hadeeth that opines to a different view, then you’re a wahhabi who “degenerates Islamic scholarship” and a wahhabi who promotes “anti-madhaabism”

20. If you believe that anyone beyond the prophet is exempt from being infallible, then you’re a wahhabi who denies the scholarship of the classical jurists.

21. If you critique any of the Imaams for errors they have fallen into by mentioning the clarifications of other Imaams, then you’re a wahhabi who is “reviling the scholars”

22. If you believe that the legislation of Allah should be implemented politically then you’re an extremist wahhabi “Islamist”

23. If you believe that revisionism does not apply in the fundamentals of Islam, then you’re a wahhabi who is “opposed to advancement”

24. If you believe in jihad, then you’re an extremist wahhabi “Islamist” 'jihadist"

25. If you merely mention the term jihad as part of Islamic history, theology or practice, then you’re a wahhabi “Islamist”

26. If you clarify the reality of Jihad to others, then you’re a wahhabi who wants to “kill the infidel”

27. If you regard some of the practices of the sufis as innovation like the orthodox sunni scholars of Islam have clarified, then you’re a wahhabi

28. If you refer to Saudi Arabia in a good light, then you’re a Saudi salafi wahhabi.

29. If you don’t believe on making takfir of people except on what the scholars have held to be validated takfir, then you’re a Saudi salafi murji wannabe wahhabi who has "left" the sunnah of the Najdi Imaams

30. If you do believe that shariah came with the function of takfir on the basis of those who apostate, then you’re a wahhabi who is “trying to cause division”

31. If you merely believe that Islam came with the concept of “love and hate for the sake of Allah”, then you’re an extremist wahhabi

32. If you believe that the claim of being “moderate” in Islam is a fable because Islam is itself moderate and makes or molds the individual to be inherently moderate due to the ayah of Allah “We have made you an ummatun-wasata (a balanced nation)”, then you’re a wahhabi fanatic

33. If you do not limit jihad to defense and affirm that jihad has an offense, then you’re a wahhabi Islamist radical and my personal favorite a “jihadist”

35. If you wear a thawb, then you’re a wahhabi

36. If you wear the shamaagh (the headscarves used in the gulf states) then you’re a wahhabi.

37. If you refer to Jews in accord to how Allah refers to them (sometimes in good light, sometimes in a bad light, a way in between, criticism were needed and praise were needed) then you’re a fanatic wahhabi who is being “anti-Semitic”

38. If you regard the occupation of Palestine as an invalid oppression, illegal, and against U.N. sanctions as described by the UN, then you’re an anti-Semitic wahhabi.

39. If you even refer to Palestine as Palestine instead of “Israel” then you’re a wahhabi

40. If you believe that intermingling between sexes upon all levels of life is a moral decedance of a society then you’re an extremist wahhabi who is against “women’s rights”

41. If you’re a Muslimah and you hold these beliefs then you’re a wahhabi that “has been brainwashed and therefore you do not know what is good for you and what is not”

42. If you believe that Islam inherently was working to improve the status of men with their Lord to the level of “We hear and obey” and did not come with “let me understanding everything with my intellect” then you’re a radical wahhabi “who is opposed to using our intellects”

43. If you believe that criticizing the beliefs of others if it arrives at falsehood or is incoherent or that its basis is erroneous, then you’re a wahhabi who “doesn’t want to leave people and their beliefs alone ” and “are too judgmental of others”

44. If you believe that faith is not only affirmation of the heart, but as well speech of the tongue and actions of the limbs, then you’re an extremist wahhabi who “likes to be judgmental of others”

45. If you believe that Allah is above everything then you’re a wahhabi “who believes Allah is sitting on a chair like a judge”

46. If you impugn the deviated sects with heresy as the orthodox sunni scholars have done, then you’re a wahhabi who likes to cause disunity

47. If you believe that the essential purpose of the four madhaabs is to be viewed how the classical orthodox sunni jurists had described, in that the madhaab was to mold the jurist and protect him from deviating in the derivation of law, and that the general masses of the people (laymen) has no madhaab as the majority of orthodox sunni scholars have opined to, then you’re a staunch wahhabi anti-madhaabi

48. If you believe that our sunni madhaabs is to understand how to extract the rulings of shari’ah and not to be blindly followed to the exclusion of all other qualified classical scholars then you’re a la madhaabi.

49. If you’re a hanbali but do not follow the deviations of the Syrian heretics who claim to be hanbali while espousing jahmi beliefs, then you’re a wahhabi who is a wannabe hanbali

50. If you believe that the classical orthodox sunni scholars had vehemently warned against the innovation of a thought called Sufism like the classical scholars like Ibn Qudamah, Ibnul-Jawzi, Qadhi Abdul-Wahhaab al-Maliki and the jumhoor of the four sunni scholars of fiqh and other than them, then you’re a wahhabi

51. If you believe that the gates of ijtihaad are not closed because you know there is not a shred of evidence for this audacious claim anywhere in the Qur’an, Sunnah, the Ijmaa of the scholars, or any analogous reasoning of even a single Imaam of ahlu-sunnah and that you recognize this audacious claim to be a new invention of moden day anti-sunnis called ash’aris and sufis, then you’re a wahhabi

52. If you acknowledge that the ihyaa uloomu-deen of Imaam Ghazali has serious blunders in its thought fueled by the mass quantity of false ahadeeth as pointed out by every haafidh of this religion from the moment of its authorship until our era, then you’re a wahhabi who is causing dissension and you are anti-spiritual.

Can please some body tell me what is the use of such article...

i don't see any good thing to be learnt from this article.
i also follow the deobandi school of thought but i doesn't mean that i now differentiate between wahabbi and non wahabi.

it would have been better if that guy would have posted some thing from quran and sahi hadith for us to learn sth instead of creating rift whether one is wahabbi or not.

and also many points that he has written are not valid test for one to be wahabbi.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

I fail to see any rift. The point is that someone who is called a 'wahhaabi' can look at this and maybe even help them get over it and brush it off. These days, the ash`ariyyah, jahmiyyah, soofiyyah (especially the barailwiyyah and deobandiyyah) are so quick to call anyone who does something they don't agree with a wahhaabi. No one said there are 'valid tests' in the above, in fact, it is crystal clear that these points are playing on the typical speech of the intolerant laymen who make such obscure rulings on people, and thus the tone is sarcastic. Akhi, where are you going in claiming there are 'valid tests' to determine a 'wahhaabi'? Statements like this cause more rift than a light-hearted email. If you haven't noticed, the post somewhat imitates some emails that are circulated, such as 'you know you're a nineties kid if...'

Allaah knows best. I do see truth in what miq1 has said... Maybe this is better closed.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

The final point from my side InshAllah.

I have learned many things trouhg this thread althoug the initial post can bring many confusions, new questions and opinions like someone has stated here.

Regarding the clothes I understand now that it is sunnah to wear it above the ankle, it is also not wrong to wear it until ankle or below the ankle if you do not wear it out of pride. But for us is the best to try as much as we can to foolow the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.

For al this I said before there are authenthic hadith so that we can stay upon the truth Allhamdulilah.

Regarding the question "If they do not wear it out of pride then why they do it"??? I think only those who wear it on this way know their intentions and Allah will judge us all. We should give our best in adviceing each others InshAllah and on that way we can do a good deed and help to someone, that is much better than judgeing.

Me and every other Muslim should be cleaning our heart from every pride and come to Allah with clean hearts, becouse Allah does not love those who are pridefull. May Allah guide us all.

And regarding the beared both those who are following Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s and those who are foolowing Ashabas are on the good Allhamdullilah.

Brother Korai said:

"and also many points that he has written are not valid test for one to be wahabbi. "

I am confused regarding this becouse we have already conclude that there is no such thing as wahabi, except for those who want to clarify themselves like that and separate from other Muslims what they should not do for the sake of Allah.

And Allah knows the best

May Allah guide us all

Status
Not open for further replies.