"The Women have to wear Niqab because the Muslims are perverts"

AbdurRahman91

Someone said that the women are forced to wear the niqab, because Muslims are perverts....hmmm.
Now logic does not work with some people so lets try numbers....

PLEASE REFER TO THIS SITE.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap-crime-rapes

It says here...
In the
In Canada, out of a 1000 women, 2 out of 3, 73%(0.733089 per 1,000 people) women rape victims...733 women out of 1000....
in the UNITED STATES, that 1 out of EVERY THREE WOMEN ARE RAPED(0.301318 per 1,000 people)! Thats 300 out of every 1000 women!
in the UK, 14 person are rape victims...140 of every 1000( 0.142172 per 1,000 people)!

Who are the perverts????????

Now lets look at the Muslim world.

In Saudi Arabia, the percetage for every 1000 women is .0032%...hmmmmmmmm,thats 3 women...out of a 1000(0.00329321 per 1,000 people).
In Yemen, the percentage for every 1000 people is %0034. (0.0038597 per 1,000 people)
In Turkey, its 18 out of 1000 women ( 0.0180876 per 1,000 people )

NOW THAT WE COMPARED AND CONTRASTED... Heres some info for ya...from their statistics.

* In the United States, 1.3 women are raped every minute. That results in 78 rapes each hour, 1872 rapes each day, 56160 rapes ech month and 683,280 rapes each year.
* 1 out of every 3 American women will be sexually assulted in her lifetime.
* The United States has the world's highest rape rate of the countries that publish such statistics. It's 4 times higher than Germany, 13 times higher than England, and 20 times higher than Japan.
* 1 in 7 women will be raped by her husband.
* 83% of rape cases are ages 24 or under.
* 1 in 4 college women have either been raped or suffered attempted rape.
* 1 in 12 males students surveyed had commited acts that met the legal definition of rape. Furthermore, 84% of the men who had commited such acts said what they had done was definitely not rape.
* 75% of male students and 55% of female students involved in acquintance rape had been drinking or using drugs.

Whats the Conclusion?

Women are not but a mere plaything in the West, but Muslims hold women in a place of dignity, honour, and protected with not only the Laws presrcibed by Allah but by our protective jealousy.

Whats the difference? The west follows their desires, the Muslims follow the desire of Allah...
Islam is a complete code of life that protects all aspects of people who follow the proper guidance.

Kakorot

:wasalam: Brother, you should make a youtube video about this for better awareness. Here on tti, the majority of us are Muslims, so we know. But the majority of non-Muslims don't not know. I think this would be a good idea.

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
:salam2: brother AbdurRahman91,

:wasalam: Brother, you should make a youtube video about this for better awareness. Here on tti, the majority of us are Muslims, so we know. But the majority of non-Muslims don't not know. I think this would be a good idea.

Yes... good idea...

kayleigh

Obviously not all, or even most Muslims are perverts. However, everyone I've known who's traveled or lived in the Middle East say that women get verbally harassed on the streets and cat-called, no matter what they're wearing, much more than they ever do in the US or other Western countries. Perhaps the person who said that about Muslims being perverted was referring to this.

I always really doubt these rape statistics since it is guaranteed that they are NOT accurate. The number of women raped is actually much higher, as most women don't report it to the police. Every country and every culture attaches a stigma to rape, and it always comes down to victim blaming, and every single society mentioned engages in this to some extent. It isn't really hard to imagine that there must be many women who have been molested or raped in every country you've mentioned, but are too afraid to come forward about it.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I always really doubt these rape statistics since it is guaranteed that they are NOT accurate. The number of women raped is actually much higher, as most women don't report it to the police. Every country and every culture attaches a stigma to rape, and it always comes down to victim blaming, and every single society mentioned engages in this to some extent. It isn't really hard to imagine that there must be many women who have been molested or raped in every country you've mentioned, but are too afraid to come forward about it.

:salam2:

Baraka Allaho feeki ukhti...I was thinking the same when I was reading the article...in Eastern countries (especially!) rape is a huge taboo...and many girls/women...would rather *kill themselves* (literally!) than report being raped...so the statistics given can be indeed very skewed

This is not to say that I agree with the statement given originally..because I *strongly and completely disagree* with it...as alhamdulillah...there's *much khair* left in the Ummah and the statement is made upon a *biased observation* and ignorance of Islamic Shari'a..but still..we cannot look at statistics in this manner...and sort of "rub it in people's faces" that for example in the US 1 out of every 3 women are rape victims...

Regardless of the numbers and who they're *in favor* of...I don't think it's *befitting* for a Muslim to develop a *pride* and a *glee* over the *miseries* of *others*..because we're the ones meant to be *most compassionate*..and because *a rape* is reported in a hadith when Rasulullah ('alayhi assalat wassalam) was *alive* and Islam was at its strongest (check the hadith cited at the bottom)..so what makes us think that rapists don't exist amongst us *today*..in the midst of all the fitnahs and moral deterioration?!..sobhanallah!...it's as if we're *asking* to be *the crows* telling the *other crows*..."oh look, your feathers are black!"..just the fact that rape statistics of *Muslim nations* are included right below those of *Western nations*..should be a reason enough for us not to point out others' sufferings in a *demeaning way*...

If there are *in-fact* that many women raped (I highly doubt it though..considering the numbers are so incredibly *unrealistic*)...then I would find it heartbreaking...as pain and victimization are never the things I wish to see inflicted upon others...being a non-Muslim or a Westerner..doesn't *exclude* the person from this wish of mine either...because non-Muslims and Westerners are *also* the *human* creation of Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) that I need to respect and treat with utmost good...

May Allah guard us from all evils..and guide those worthy of guidance to Islam so they may live under its morals and be amongst the successful in the dunya and the akhirah..Ameen!

**Cited Hadith**:

Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her. He (the Prophet) said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words (AbuDawud said: meaning the man who was seized), and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death. He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them. [Abu Dawood in his "Sunan", Ahmad in his "Masnad", At-Tirmidhi in his "Sunan", An-Nisaae'e in "Al-Kubra", At-Tabaarani in "Al-Kabeer", and Al-Bayhaqi in "Al-Kubra"]

:wasalam:

AbdurRahman91

Assalaamu ilikum
Jazaak Allahu khair sister.

May i say im very new to the Deen, and i make a lot of hasty moves without thinking them through. I do agree with your statements.

q8penpals

It says here...
In the
In Canada, out of a 1000 women, 2 out of 3, 73%(0.733089 per 1,000 people) women rape victims...733 women out of 1000....
in the UNITED STATES, that 1 out of EVERY THREE WOMEN ARE RAPED(0.301318 per 1,000 people)! Thats 300 out of every 1000 women!
in the UK, 14 person are rape victims...140 of every 1000( 0.142172 per 1,000 people)!

Salam

With all due respect, your math is incorrect. The website specifically states what you put in brackets {(0.733089 per 1,000 people) women rape victims} = that means, in order to get the 733 rape victims you calculated, you would need 1,000,000 people. The website is NOT reporting percents, it is reporting actual numbers per thousand.

Therefore, the 300 women raped in the US is out of 1,000,000 people, and the 140 in the UK is out of 1,000,000. You stated these numbers to be out of 1,000 but you interpreted the data incorrectly.

Another factor to consider, is that due to cultural concerns in many Eastern countries, many women do not report rape by husbands or family members, due to stigma. I am NOT saying that these things are especially common, just pointing it out. As a matter of fact, in Kuwait, a woman "can't" be raped by her husband legally, so if a husband forceably "rapes" his wife here, there is nothing for her to report.

I am not saying that 300 women raped out of 1,000,000 is insignificant, but it is more accurate that the 300 out of 1,000 that was miscalculated.

The highest rates of rape are in South Africa, Seychelles, Australia, Montserrat, and Canada.

fatimaflowers333

Assalamu Alaykum, with all due respect to everyone who has posted, I believe we are missing the point. The point is covering is not about male perversion, but about dignity and respect. If a muslim woman has chosen to wear the niqab because she truly believes it is the right thing to do. Then I believe we should support her and this brother is only on our side, defending us muslim woman against those who make our practices into something dirty or weird. I don't really think the percentages are the message itself.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

Assalamu Alaykum, with all due respect to everyone who has posted, I believe we are missing the point. The point is covering is not about male perversion, but about dignity and respect. If a muslim woman has chosen to wear the niqab because she truly believes it is the right thing to do. Then I believe we should support her and this brother is only on our side, defending us muslim woman against those who make our practices into something dirty or weird. I don't really think the percentages are the message itself.

I agree.

The single biggest motivational factor behind niqaab for certain sisters is to please Allaah and has nothing much to do with the male population.

One could say there is an inherent connection which cannot be denied, fair enough, however these stats brings it to the forefront of the reasons for which a muslimah would wear it, which is misleading.

Artemis

Banned
Someone said that the women are forced to wear the niqab, because Muslims are perverts....hmmm.
Now logic does not work with some people so lets try numbers....

It says here...
In the

Now lets look at the Muslim world.

In Saudi Arabia, the percetage for every 1000 women is .0032%...hmmmmmmmm,thats 3 women...out of a 1000(0.00329321 per 1,000 people).
In Yemen, the percentage for every 1000 people is %0034. (0.0038597 per 1,000 people)
In Turkey, its 18 out of 1000 women ( 0.0180876 per 1,000 people )

NOW THAT WE COMPARED AND CONTRASTED... Heres some info for ya...from their statistics.

* In the United States, 1.3 women are raped every minute. That results in 78 rapes each hour, 1872 rapes each day, 56160 rapes ech month and 683,280 rapes each year.
* 1 out of every 3 American women will be sexually assulted in her lifetime.
* The United States has the world's highest rape rate of the countries that publish such statistics. It's 4 times higher than Germany, 13 times higher than England, and 20 times higher than Japan.
* 1 in 7 women will be raped by her husband.
* 83% of rape cases are ages 24 or under.
* 1 in 4 college women have either been raped or suffered attempted rape.
* 1 in 12 males students surveyed had commited acts that met the legal definition of rape. Furthermore, 84% of the men who had commited such acts said what they had done was definitely not rape.
* 75% of male students and 55% of female students involved in acquintance rape had been drinking or using drugs.

Whats the Conclusion?

Women are not but a mere plaything in the West, but Muslims hold women in a place of dignity, honour, and protected with not only the Laws presrcibed by Allah but by our protective jealousy.

Whats the difference? The west follows their desires, the Muslims follow the desire of Allah...
Islam is a complete code of life that protects all aspects of people who follow the proper guidance.

This , of course, assumes that all rapes are reported in Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Turkey.

Artemis

Banned
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

I agree.

The single biggest motivational factor behind niqaab for certain sisters is to please Allaah and has nothing much to do with the male population.

One could say there is an inherent connection which cannot be denied, fair enough, however these stats brings it to the forefront of the reasons for which a muslimah would wear it, which is misleading.

This, of course, assumes that they are wearing it out of devotion to Allah, and not because their father, mother etc. says that only tramps and sluts do NOT wear a nikqaab and that any woman who does not wear one is asking to be rapes.

FreedomFighter

This, of course, assumes that they are wearing it out of devotion to Allah, and not because their father, mother etc. says that only tramps and sluts do NOT wear a nikqaab and that any woman who does not wear one is asking to be rapes.

So what are you saying? That women who don't cover their faces are asking to be raped? You would think it's alright if they are raped?

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood.