Tips for keeping concentration please!

lozzin

Salem Alikoum Brothers and Sisters

I just wanted a bit of advice from you please.

I have started to do my prayers everyday. Alhamdulillah. But the thing is that when I am doing salat I find it very hard to concentrate on what im doing and my mind starts to wander. I often think of things that I havent thought of all day and its driving me mad as I know that when you do salat you really need to focus on what you are doing and for you to have all your concentration on it!

Any tips would be much appreciated. I have tried to imagen Allah (swt) looking down on me while I do salat but then I think that I shouldnt do this because we should not try and imgaine what Allah (swt) looks like :0/

Jazakhallah for any tip.May Allah reward you :0)

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
:salam2:

I do have the same problem too, My little ones do get me sometimes.A little tips that helps me to concentrate.

1. Know the Meaning the ayah you are reciting and ponder on them. (if they talking about Hell fire, or Jannah or pleasing Allah,,,,)

2. Like you know there is Hadeeth that when you say Al-Fatiha Allah is answering back to you, :subhanallah: think about that.

3. Think is your prayer accepted or not (that scares me and makes me to do more good).

4. Think about your mistakes :astag: be sincere and ask forgiveness.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

1. first is ofcourse dua to Allah to increase concentration.

2. this is shaitan called khanzab to distract you.

3. you can imagine Allah watching you. you're not imagining how is Allah.

there is one long hadith: ....He (jibreel-as)said: " Then tell me about Ihsan." He (prophet :saw2:) said: "It is to worship Allah as though you are seeing Him, and while you see Him not yet truly He sees you"....(Sahih Muslim)

4. learn the meanings in ur language of words used in salah.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam:

Brother ahmed and sister Sulikha have provided good advices Masha'Allah.

I would reiterate that knowing the meaning of what you are doing in Salah is essential to be able to concentrate in it. 'Fortress of the muslim' is an excellent resource for this purpose.

Here is the link : http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/

It can also be purchased here: http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/461

The links that you might be interested are from 'Invocations for beginning of the prayer' up until 'What to say after completing the prayer'.

May Allah swt accept all our prayers and overlook our shortcomings. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Zaii

LifeIsAStruggle____
:salam2:

Think about death. Will you be alive to even do your next prayer? so let this be a focus on your salat. Do your salat perfectly remembering death, the destroyer of all pleasures.

Also as the above brothers and sisters kindly stated that you should know the meaning of what you are saying in your salat. And when reading the Words of Allah, focus your eyes on the spot you will do sajda.

In addition, when you do your salat perfectly Allah forgives your sins. I will get the evidence for this InshAllah.

I hope this is beneficial, May Allah give us the power to overcome shaytaans whispers.
:tti_sister:

hana*

do you know the translation to the words that you are saying? that most definately will help inshaAllah. that way when you recite the arabic, you can think of the direct meaning in english.

remember, shaytan will come to you during prayer to remind you of so many things because he doesnt want you to have good quality prayer.

one other tip: pray as if you are praying your final prayer, as if death is behind you and has almost caught you.

lozzin

Jazakhallah khira to you all.

Mashallah there are some good tips from you,I will try and use them in my next salat. I think it is a good point you make about knowing what the surahs mean,Inshallah I will try and broaden my knowledge but there are so many things to learn,being a new revert,I get a little overwhelmed! :rolleyes:

hana*

Jazakhallah khira to you all.

Mashallah there are some good tips from you,I will try and use them in my next salat. I think it is a good point you make about knowing what the surahs mean,Inshallah I will try and broaden my knowledge but there are so many things to learn,being a new revert,I get a little overwhelmed! :rolleyes:

take it easy sis, one step at a time- we are all learners :) and God will not burden anyone with something they can not take.

I havent seen you on here for a long time, hope things are well for you :)

lozzin

Thankyou sis

Things are ok with me Alhamdulillah. Still struggling a little with my deen but im coping alot better now and as you read I am doing my salat!

I do pop on here quite a bit but dont always sign in and if I do then I just read the posts and get bits of info and then go on my way :0)

Just to update you,I told my family a few weeks ago that I was a revert,I was so scared to do this(Not really sure how they would react!) but I got the strength to do it and at forst my mum was really mad! My dad didnt really say much,just asked a few questions about my faith and my daughter just said it was fine. All that worry for nothing :shymuslima1:
So at the moment things are ok.I just keep making dua to Allah(swt) to give me strength in my deen and to keep me on the straight path. Sometimes I wander a little but I havent strayed yet! lol.

Inshallah you are doing ok too sister x

hana*

Thankyou sis

Things are ok with me Alhamdulillah. Still struggling a little with my deen but im coping alot better now and as you read I am doing my salat!

I do pop on here quite a bit but dont always sign in and if I do then I just read the posts and get bits of info and then go on my way :0)

Just to update you,I told my family a few weeks ago that I was a revert,I was so scared to do this(Not really sure how they would react!) but I got the strength to do it and at forst my mum was really mad! My dad didnt really say much,just asked a few questions about my faith and my daughter just said it was fine. All that worry for nothing :shymuslima1:
So at the moment things are ok.I just keep making dua to Allah(swt) to give me strength in my deen and to keep me on the straight path. Sometimes I wander a little but I havent strayed yet! lol.

Inshallah you are doing ok too sister x

aww Lorraine, im so so happy that you told them- you are doing great mashaAllah. yeah sometimes we worry too much and then, in the end its not as bad as we thought.

dont worry, we are all here for you and we are all in the same boat as you, especially in this society where everyday is a struggle to stay strong. Holding on to Islam in this day of age is like a holding on to a hot piece of coal, but we are rewarded 50 times over :)

sahen

Asalmu Alykum Brothers and Sisters.

Mashallah the Brothers and Sisters have given alot of good advise. I think thers is at least one more thing that will help is taking your time to pray dont rush it and keep in mind that what your are doning is the best thing and the best time you can spend. I also do one other thing that helps me. I watch debates on youtube between Islam and Christianty it helps me with my iman. Thank you all.