A convert in need of help......

alexis

I am a convert to Islam and am happy with what I learned on my own. Yes, we have a masque in town, two with the new one built. But all I have seen from the muslims in town is hostility and laughter toward me. There are muslims at school saying I am not a muslim and this even has the non muslims saying the same. I had a sister come to me today with the belief that I was faking and when I gave her my number to contact my she checked it to make sure it was a working number. I have muslims at the store look at me and shake their heads.... I feel so sad at times and cry......... I feel like they don't want me to be a muslim with them. I feel like escaping...... but i don't want to leave Allah.. it hurts my heart to even think about apostasy. someone see me for me and help me.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Sister, welcome to the site. We are more than happy to welcome a new Muslim! May Allaah help rectify this situation. Inshaa' Allaah, the many sisters here can help you with your problems I hope. Do you have any idea why you are being treated this way?

alexis

I have no idea why they are doing it, but not all of them. It's just difficult when it is at school and I'm supposed to be concentrating on my studies.

fatimaflowers333

Assalamu Alaykum waramatuAllah warabarakatu Sister

Dear Sister:

I am happy to hear that you have been guided by Allah(swt) to be a muslim, alhumdullilah. You have been blessed, mashaAllah. Something I would like to share with you that I discovered on this path, that just because someone calls themselves a muslim does not necessarily mean that they know what this means or are following islam. I know it hurts because we all wish to belong to a community, but this should not have anything to do with your iman or Allah(swt). Allah(swt) tells us in the Quran He will test our belief. Each and everyone of us had and continue to have tests. It is up to you prove your loyality to Allah(swt). Nothing happens in this life without the will of Allah(swt) and alhumdullilah we have sights like this and others which make us a part of a worldwide Ummah.

You can make it through this and you will come out stronger than you came in. Islam lives and breaths through you and not others. Always do your part as a muslim and never forget their are many forms of jihad. We are praying for you. May Allah(swt) keep your iman strong and safe, inshaAllah.

We are here for you, inshaAllah.

Assalamu Alaykum

Fatima

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Congratulations on your reversion and welcome to this site. Don't worry about what other people say. Be a good example of a Muslim and try your best to follow the religion and enter Paradise. Surely, there are at least a few sisters you can have a good relationship with. If you have a bad relationship with some Muslims, that is just life, and many people are in the same boat. Just try to avoid the weird ones and overlook their strange behavior. Perhaps some of the sisters from this site can PM you and help you. Complete your studies and look ahead to a happy and bright future, getting married later in life and having a good Muslim family with children, etc. And ask Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) for his help in religion and life and to allow you entry to a blissful life in Heaven.

See the following threads:

1) http://thedeenshow.com/
2) http://www.islamreligion.com/

shichemlydia

trial to help

salam alikoum hope you are doing well.
it is not for the people muslims or non muslims to decide whether you are a muslim or not, allah knows that. it is sufficient for you. he knows that you have said the testimony of faith and it went from your heart. that is the most important for you. there are some poor muslims who practice their religion occasionally, so they just feel jealous about a new muslim practicing islam better than them. so do not pay any attention to them , and at the end allah will make you victorious inchae allah.
remember always the path of paradise is surounded by troubles and the path of the hell fire is surounded by desires and things that the humans like.
read about the people who were with the prophet mohamed pbuoh how they suffered for their religion and that did not stop them from following the prophet mohamed pbuoh.
may allah increase your faith, ameen
may allah make you going aver this problem succesfully, ameen
wa salam alikoum

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh sister Alexis,

Wish you in the best of health, faith and imann always inshaAllaah.

Im sure that Allaah is testing you. But know that, we, sisters here, are always willing to help and listen to you. It'll be a bumpy road at the beginning of your conversion, but inshaAllaah after the trials and calamities, you will gain the strengths as that is how Allaah wants us to be strong in today's world full of fitnah.

Alhamdulillah, Allaah has guided you to the right path. Verily Allaah guides whomever that Allaah wishes to.

InshaAllaah you will soon find many sisters at your place whom are with open hands to help you. Try going to the nearest mosques. Pray congregation prayers at the mosque - thats how I feel peace inside whenever I have the chance to do so. InshaAllaah, you will feel the same way too. Read and try to understand the Quran as it will bring tranqulity in your heart. What only matters now is between you and Allaah. Leave those ignorance people and try your best to fufill your responsibilities and your i'baadah as you are a Muslimah now.

May Allaah showers His blessings upon our ummah. Aminn.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
SOBHANALLAH!!congratulations for your conversion sister.....:D:D:D
welcome you to your TTIfamily:D:D:D
i'm sorrry to know about your situation:(that's not right what they are doing to you..don't worry here's loads and loads of sisters....me included:p.........who believes you and loves and will help you anytime to the best of our ability inshallah:)

keep faith in ALLAH.he'll help you out of this inshallah.trust HIM,HE favoured you over others and gave you hidaya'..........so HE loves you and will protect you....:)

*HUGS*
:wasalam:

Hilal Said

Asalam alaikom brother Alexis

congratulations to be a Muslim. I think what happens to you is something strange.

can you ask those Muslims why they treat like this? may be you are doing something offence them but without intention to do so. May be because you are new to Islam!

Ask them to answer you honestly, I think that will solve the problem. As you can see on this website everybody is happy because you converted to Islam. It is the same feeling when new baby was born in our families.

I hope that will help and you can understand my poor english.

Asalam Alaykom

lily_mawar

As-salaamu `alaykum Warahmatullah,

Welcome to the ummah and Congratulations to you that Allah has chosen you to be a muslim, Alhamdulilah ... May Allah guide you to the right path, don't be too sad about what people think of you ... Do the prayers and if you can read the Quran ... do it everyday ... InsyaAllah, all your sadness may ease away ...

Sis, you're welcome here ... A warm welcome from me and other sisters ...

vanfaiq

:salam2:
have faith in ALLAH.
INSYALLAH Allah will guide you through this hard time n
improve yourselve n be a good muslim...

4mMadara2Amina

wOw...

Well all I can say is that its all about (similar) my situation also on which one I have got an answer already.
I can't say that my situation is the same, but really close.
From my side also I can just say. Even I have been not too long into the Islam, I have seen muslims "by name" more than one. Most important is to be in your heart a muslim and believe on ALLAH and He is the only One who you should be thinking about. There is none worth your prove than only Him.
Be strong in your faith , as seems to be you really are. Keep be thankfull by saying Alhamdulillah and you will see - your way of faith , life and all other things what belongs to that will increase.
Stay safe :) Be blessed.
Your sister
Amina!

muazzi

I am a convert to Islam and am happy with what I learned on my own. Yes, we have a masque in town, two with the new one built. But all I have seen from the muslims in town is hostility and laughter toward me. There are muslims at school saying I am not a muslim and this even has the non muslims saying the same. I had a sister come to me today with the belief that I was faking and when I gave her my number to contact my she checked it to make sure it was a working number. I have muslims at the store look at me and shake their heads.... I feel so sad at times and cry......... I feel like they don't want me to be a muslim with them. I feel like escaping...... but i don't want to leave Allah.. it hurts my heart to even think about apostasy. someone see me for me and help me.

slms brotha......remember inthis world we are meant to be tested so ,this a test forget them ,LIVE TO PLEASE ALLAH NOT PEOPLE MAKE DUA FOR THEM and yourself and take this trial as a test and OBSERVE PATIENCE