Da’wah – calling others to Islam

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
bismallah.gif

Da’wah – calling others to Islam

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah created man and caused him to dwell on this earth, but He did not forsake him. Rather He gave him what he needs of food, drink and clothing, and revealed to him throughout the ages a path to follow and be guided by. The interests and happiness of mankind at every time and in every place depend upon following the path of Allaah and rejecting all others:

“And verily, this (i.e. Allaah’s Commandments mentioned in the above two Verses 151 and 152) is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”
[al-An’aam 6:153 – interpretation of the meaning]

Islam is the last of the heavenly religions and the Qur’aan is the last of the heavenly Books. Muhammad :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is the last of the Prophets and Messengers. Allaah commanded him to convey this religion to all of mankind:

“this Qur’aan has been revealed to me that I may therewith warn you and whomsoever it may reach”[al-An’aam 6:18]

Allaah sent His Messenger Muhammad :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with Islam to all of mankind, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allaah’”[al-A’raaf 7:158]

Da’wah or calling others to Islam is the best of deeds, because it involves guiding people to the Straight Path and to that which will bring them happiness in this world and in the Hereafter:

“And who is better in speech than he who [says: ‘My Lord is Allaah (believes in His Oneness),’ and then stands firm (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allaah’s (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: ‘I am one of the Muslims.’”
[Fussilat 41:33 – interpretation of the meaning]

Calling others to Islam is an honourable mission. This is the work of the Prophets and Messengers. The Messenger :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained that his mission in life, and the mission of his followers, is to call people to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘This is my way; I invite unto Allaah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allaah, i.e. to the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism with sure knowledge). And Glorified and Exalted be Allaah (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah; those who worship others along with Allaah or set up rivals or partners to Allaah)’”[Yoosuf 12:108]

The Muslims in general and the scholars in particular are commanded to call people to Islam, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:104]

The Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Convey from me even if it is (only) one aayah.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3461)

Calling people to Allaah is an important task and a glorious mission, because it means calling people to worship Allaah alone. It means bringing them forth from darkness to the light, planting goodness in the place of evil and truth in the place of falsehood. Hence whoever does this needs to have knowledge, understanding, patience, forbearance, gentleness and kindness. He needs to give of his wealth and of himself, and he needs to understand people’s circumstances and habits.

“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur’aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided” [al-Nahl 16:125]

Allaah blessed His Messenger with the words (interpretation of the meaning):
“And by the Mercy of Allaah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allaah’s) forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:159]

The daa’iyah (caller) may be faced with debates in his da’wah activities, especially with the People of the Book. Allaah has commanded us, if it reaches the point of debate, to debate in a manner that is better, which is with kindness and gentleness, explaining the principles of Islam as they came, pure and simple, in a kindly manner and with no element of compulsion.

“And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner, inviting them to Islamic Monotheism with His Verses), except with such of them as do wrong; and say (to them): ‘We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilaah (God) and your Ilaah (God) is One (i.e. Allaah), and to Him we have submitted (as Muslims)’”
[al-‘Ankaboot 29:46]

Calling people to Allaah is a virtuous deed which brings great reward. The Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever calls others to guidance will have a reward like the rewards of those who follow him, without that detracting from their reward in any way. And whoever calls others to misguidance will have a burden of sin like the burden of those who follow him, without that detracting from their burden in any way.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 2674)

If building a physical structure needs effort and patience until it is complete, then building souls and guiding them to the truth also needs patience and sacrifice. The Messenger :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called people to Islam, patiently bearing the persecution of the kuffaar, Jews and hypocrites. They made fun of him and disbelieved in him; they insulted him and threw stones at him; they said that he was a sorcerer or a madman; they accused him of being a poet or a soothsayer – but he :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) bore all that with patience until Allaah granted him victory and caused His religion to prevail.

So the daa’iyah must follow his example:

“So be patient (O Muhammad). Verily, the Promise of Allaah is true; and let not those who have no certainty of Faith discourage you from conveying Allaah’s Message (which you are obliged to convey)
[al-Room 30:60 – interpretation of the meaning]

The Muslims must follow the example and guidance of their Messenger and call others to Islam, bearing insults and harm with patience for the sake of Allaah, as their Messenger :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did: “Indeed in the Messenger of Allaah (Muhammad) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for (the Meeting with) Allaah and the Last Day, and remembers Allaah much”
[al-Ahzaab 33:21 – interpretation of the meaning]

The well-being and happiness of this ummah are only to be found in following this religion. Hence Allaah commanded us to convey the message to all of mankind, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“This (Qur’aan) is a Message for mankind (and a clear proof against them), in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is the only One Ilaah (God — Allaah) — (none has the right to be worshipped but Allaah) — and that men of understanding may take heed
[Ibraaheem 14:52]

From Usool al-Deen al-Islami by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Tuwayjri

Bar petrol

question , as an atheist, that I need to ask of all you with the faith.

Why is it that no-one speaks against the violence that prevails in Islamic lands.
I talk about the violence of Muslims against other muslims - in places like Iraq , or Pakistan.
Places where most ( perhaps over 90% )of Muslims have been killed by other Muslims.

And why is it that well known muslims have never spoken against this endemic Violence !

vanfaiq

Why is it that no-one speaks against the violence that prevails in Islamic lands.
I talk about the violence of Muslims against other muslims - in places like Iraq , or Pakistan.
Places where most ( perhaps over 90% )of Muslims have been killed by other Muslims.

And why is it that well known muslims have never spoken against this endemic Violence !

hello,hi
you get a very interesting question here and even the muslim themselve keep questioning about this matter...
1st of all iwould like to tell you that muslim are divide to 2 major group:
1-muslim that are really practice Islam as their way of life n
2-muslim that just born in amuslim family n they never really know what are the purpose of their life
the 2nd group of muslim are the one who keep fighting nkilling each other bcoz they supposely know that we muslim are brothes nthat is the weak point of amuslim brotherhood.
so here u need to understand that there are big different among this two group n u must not just judge the book by its cover.
I really wish that u will find the thing that u are looking in your life n i will always pray that u will find the ONE that will not only give benefit to yourself and but to others too.

Umm Bosna

One great trap in which are caught muslims and non-muslims, is the trap of mass media delusion. Everything you see on TV, in the news etc, is not true, it never was. So a source of getting information about something is an very delicate issue.

Muslim in particular are making a huge mistake when they place their trust in those who are not, and will never be for their way of life, for Shariyah, wa Allahu e'alim.

The statemant that 90% of muslim population is killed by muslims, is a great lie forced by non-muslim i.e. kufar media, controled by Israel.

It is just shameful that so much practicing muslims do fall in to the same trap

4mMadara2Amina

hmm...

I always have been thinking of way how to know things. Since very long time I have been using internet for studies and all. All what I have been understood is that internet is internet. So do TV is just a TV.
If you would like to know what a real muslims are you should go and live for a while with muslims by heart. Not only in one country but try in many.
Its all about how always the "yellow press" has been making a "bomb" from a buterfly.
I really agree with last post...

Latifabonu

Alhamdulillah
:salam2: bro/sis first of all welcome to our TTI family enjoy ur stay!

and thnx for sharing its realy good thnx

Waseem203

Young Muslim

And why is it that well known Muslims have never spoken against this endemic Violence !

Why do you require people to speak for a religion? Can the religion not speak for itself? The Quran clearly condemns Muslim vs Muslim combat and only allows fighting in self-defense.
I say this assuming your claim is true; that no one speaks against this. But this is baseless, because I'm sure no one is happy about Muslim blood being shed for no reason.

Selam1389

Selamun Aleikum Dear Brothers & Sisters
My Name is Selim, I am from Turkey. I need a favour insahAllah. We have a article and books about Islam, we like to translate to in ( text ) any language. For Allah C c sake, can anbody help us
May Allah C c bless you All.
Shukran

Specialy Northern Country languages ( swedish, Norway, danmark ) etc.

Selam1389

Who can translate this article to URDU language InsahAllah

Who can translate this article to URDU or any other language InsahAllah

Only True Muslims Can See the Secret of the Test

One of the greatest secrets distinguishing believers from non-believers is the difficulties, troubles and sicknesses they encounter in the life of this world. Things that lead to denial in some people are blessings for Muslims and means whereby they draw themselves closer to God. This is the secret of the test, through which believers live completely different lives in this world to those of the deniers.
Sickness, and especially serious illness, is a special test that only the person involved fully knows and experiences, the sufferings of which only that person feels. Like everything else, however, sickness comes from God. And the cure also comes from Him.
Patience in the face of sickness, proper fortitude in the knowledge that sickness comes from God, is a trait unique to true, sincere, honest Muslims. Our Almighty Lord refers to the Prophet Ayyub as an example:
“And Ayyub when he called out to his Lord, ‘Great harm has afflicted me and You are the Most Merciful of the merciful,’
We responded to him and removed from him the harm which was afflicting him and restored his family to him, and the same again with them, as a mercy direct from Us and a Reminder to all worshippers.” (Sura al-Anbiya’, 83-84)
A Muslim knows that troubles and difficulties, as well as blessings, all come from God and that they represent a special test. He knows that because of his love of and faith in our Lord he must display a proper fortitude in the face of troubles. He is aware that this patience is an indication of his love and friendship for God. He knows that they will come to an end simply by God so commanding, that their existence is a secret of the test and that since they are desired by God they must be regarded as blessings. The patience and submission exhibited in the face of difficulties by someone possessed of that awareness is not something that can be managed by those who are not sincere.
For the great majority of people, sickness and trouble are reasons to sulk with God and even to deny Him (God is beyond that). Even some people who describe themselves as Muslims may draw apart from belief in God by regarding troubles as terrible woes visited on them by Him and thus distance themselves from the duties incumbent upon all Muslims.
These situations, which true Muslims regard as tests and blessings, the recompense for their patience in the face of which they are told will be paradise, are generally treated as instruments of denial and rejection by people who hold contrary views. There is no doubt that the latter is a defective and corrupt perspective that will lead to grave losses in this world and the hereafter.
The Prophet Yusuf chose to reject the desires of the governor’s wife and to face imprisonment, even though he was totally guiltless. And he lingered there, unjustly, for many years. Looked at superficially, abandoning worldly interests in favour of years of imprisonment is not something that is possible for people who do not have a proper fear of God and who have not grasped the secret of the test. But because of his love and profound fear of God, the Prophet Yusuf was aware that such a circumstance had been specially created for him and that he was being tested. He was aware that there was a particular significance and wisdom behind our Lord, who would also create the finest of blessings for him, creating those particular circumstances at that moment. He had faith that his recompense would be infinite blessings in the hereafter, and his powerful love of God led him to behave in the most correct way.
In order for people to be able to see the secret of the test, to respond to difficulty and sickness with virtue and thanks, and to demonstrate the proper submission, they must first fear God. Knowing that all things come from God and that God will create a solution to all difficulties is of course one of the paths leading to the greatest salvation. Our Almighty Lord reveals in His verses:
“We will test you with a certain amount of fear and hunger and loss of wealth and life and fruits. But give good news to the steadfast: Those who, when disaster strikes them, say, ‘We belong to Allah and to Him we will return’.” (Surat al-Baqara, 155-156)

Thankyou

iparrot

brother, you have asked a wonderful question that I, a non-muslim, often ask others. But i want to share wit you what i believe: Islam doesn't recommend this sort of action. And like we don't have to judge Christianity by G.W.Bush or Hitler, don't judge Islam by the bad muslims who do this violent things.

Ikramuddin

Fear Only ALLAH
brother, you have asked a wonderful question that I, a non-muslim, often ask others. But i want to share wit you what i believe: Islam doesn't recommend this sort of action. And like we don't have to judge Christianity by G.W.Bush or Hitler, don't judge Islam by the bad muslims who do this violent things.

Hi Iparrot

How is life going on ..... Nice to see u here

Well if u really want to see character of a Muslim then read the History of Last and the final Messenger of Allah Muhammed(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)

As Allah says in the glorious Quran

Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembereth Allah much. (33:21)

Yunus Shaikh

Assalamwalykum Dear Brother

Dr. Zakir Naik has mentioned in many of his lectures regarding the same issue and if you are taking about shia for your information they are not muslim they are totally different from muslim and enemies of Islam

adilsunhaji

assalamualaikum

im from malaysia.i am 15 years old. im searching quran memorizing course for this november-december at jordan. can anyone help me with this?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
Allah,in the Quran allows the murder as the final way to use for a muslim only if he is in danger and must defend himself and his family,but if you ask to a muslim brother/sister how Islam is like,he/she will answer you that it's the right way to take,because Allah guided us to the easy path through the 5 pillars of Islam and He gave us the tools to fight misguidance;these tools are :FAITH,PATIENCE,GENEROUSITY,COMPASSION,FORGIVENESS.
If a man hasn't these characteristics,by consequence killing another man it's a game to him and by the way a maisbeliever doesn't feel nor compassion neither generousity,it's why you see those "muslims"killing their fellows.there is no justification,but just try to open your eyes to what Allah has reseverd for yourself and don't be afraid if you see in Iraq or Afghanistan what it's happening,because if it is happening,Allah knows it as like as He know what you're doing now.A muslim feels protected by Allah and fears His punition,if he sins.A muslim who leaves his life in the hands of Allah,is stronger than one who claims to guide himself without believing to Him,because if the muslim falls to the ground,there is Allah Who raises him up;if a misbeliever falls to the ground,the Shaytan will bring him to the Hell,In Sh Allah:wasalam: