Confusion

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Asslam o alaikum
Dear brothers and sisters, i am in confusion since many days, i don't get it.

which of these is right, however each of them claims to be right, and they provide the evidence from quran and sunnah.

1.deobandi
2.salafi
3.wahabi
4.hanafi
5.sunni
6.sufi
what is Ash'ari?
What is Maturidiyyah?
i don't get it, one shaikh from deoband gives a different fatwa from a shaikh from saudia on the same issue, to whom to follow..

i am frustrated by thinking about who is right.
i tried to get info about all these but i couldn't understand ..
why it is so complicated to follow Islam..
what am i?
a Muslim or deobandi or wahabi or sth else?
how would i know what i am?
please make my life easy by telling me which one is correct and how can i follow it.

i am so confused and frustrated , i want to go to paradise but what way leads to paradise ?
can any body plz answer?

w salam.

Salem9022

Ask yourself what Manhaj were the Companions upon? Were the Sahabah Deobandies?Were the Sahabah from a place called Deoband in India? Were they Shi'aa? Were the Companions of the Prophet Following Abu Hanifaa who came after them? Were they Sha'fee or following Imam Maleek when these 2 schoalars of Islam came after them? Or Maybe Hanbali?

As for Ash'aree. Ash'aree is the belief that Allah is NOT above the throne. In Other words they believe that Allah is everywhere. Meaning everything we hear, touch, smell, and taste is Allah since Allah has a "personal" presence everywhere. Ask yourself was this what the Prophet and his companions believed in? What's the difference between this and what Hindus and Jews believe? They believe essentially the same thing. Thats why in Hinduism even though they believe in One God, they believe that One God is everything and everywhere even Man, Women, Child, Elephant, Cow, Rats, Snakes, everything! So is the same belief in Judaism. Was this the belief of the Prophet or his companion?

saif

:salam2:

1. Remain absolutely faithful to Quran and Sunnah.

2. Take the understanding of Quran and Sunnah of the Salaf more seriously than the Khalaf, if there is a difference between the two. However, try not to "follow" any of the two but try to remain on Quran and Sunnah. If you find yourself unable to make your own opinion from Quran and Sunnah directly, then it is safer to follow any of the four madhaaheb from the Salaf.

3. Consider all the sects you have mentioned as muslims and love them accordingly.

4. Take some rest. It's too late in the night in Germany :)

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

yes, brother sometimes its truly depressing and frustrating. but prophet :saw2: foretold that muslims will divide into 72 sects...all in hell except one.

let me explain you little inshallah:

1. sunni - muslims who stick to Quran and sunnah.

2. it has four schools of thought - hanafi, shafi, hanbali and maliki. they help us in our fiqh matters. all are valid.

3. salafi/wahabi - they take knowledge frm all these 4 schools. they dont follow a particular school.

4. sufi - their aim was to renounce this world and make Allah their beloved. some of them follow Quran and sunnah but many unfortunately do wrong acts in Islam presently.

5. deobandi - scholars frm deoband, india.

6. Ash'ari/Maturidiyyah - they are schools of kalam (theology). we need not delve into it much.

we should respect differences of scholars if they are within Islamic limits. even sahabas (ra) differed sometimes. earlier scholars like Imam Abu Hanifa and Imam Shafi differed.

may Allah guide us to His path. Ameen

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
:salam2: brother,

Unfortunately the Muslims have divided them selves to some "groups". :SMILY335:
There is no gray area in Islam as Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'an:

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion" (Q 5:03)

The only sources that are preserved by Allah (SWT) to befollowed by entire mankind are the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Allah(AWT) further says in the glorious Qur'an:

"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah's favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided" (Q 3:103)

"As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did" (Q 3:103)

You don't need to worry about who is right and who is wrong..... rather follow the commandments of Allah (SWT) from the Qur'an and authentic Hadeeth so that we may be in the right path Insha Allah
:tti_sister:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Be aware from who you take/learn your deen from. Make sure the sheikh/scholar/ustaz are from the Ahli Sunnah Wal Jamaah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us beforehand that this Ummah would be divided as the previous nations were divided, as stated in the saheeh hadeeth:

Wahb ibn Baqiyyah told us from Khaalid from Muhammad ibn ‘Amr from Abu Salamah from Abu Hurayrah who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one or seventy-two sects, and the Christians were divided into seventy-one or seventy-two sects, and my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects.” This was narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan, Kitaab al-Sunnah, Baab Sharh al-Sunnah.

It was reported from ‘Awf ibn Maalik who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.”

Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982.

What is meant by al-Jamaa’ah is the ‘aqeedah and actions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his Companions.

Among the sects that claim to belong to Islam are those who are misguided with regard to the Unity of Allaah (Tawheed) and His Names and Attributes; they say that everything that exists is Allaah and that He is incarnate or present in His creation – glorified be He far above what they say. On the contrary, He is above His heavens, settled on His throne, distinct from His creation.

Others are misguided with regard to eeman (faith) and say that deeds are separate from faith and that faith does not increase or decrease. The correct view is that faith consists of words and deeds; it increases when one does acts of obedience to Allaah and decreases when one commits sin.

Others are misguided by their declaring that the person who commits sin goes beyond the pale of Islam and is doomed to eternity in the Fire. The correct view is that the one who commits a major sin – apart from shirk and al-kufr al-akbar – does not go out of Islam.

Others are misguided with regard to the issue of al-qadaa’ wa’l-qadar (divine decree), and said that man has no choice in what he does. The correct view is that man has freedom of will on the basis of which he will be called to account and will bear the consequences of his deeds.

Others are misguided with regard to the Qur’aan, and say that it is created. The correct view is that it is the words of Allaah, revealed not created.

Others are misguided with regard to the Sahaabah, whom they revile and denounce as kaafirs even though they are the companions of the Prophet among whom the Wahy (Revelation) was revealed, and they are the most knowledgeable and the most devoted in worship among this Ummah, and they strove in jihaad for the sake of Allaah and Allaah supported this religion through them – may Allaah be pleased with them all.

And there are other groups who deviated from the path of Islam and innovated matters in the religion of Allaah; each of them rejoices in what they have, but they have followed the ways of the Shaytaan and gone against the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)” [al-An’aam 6:153]

We ask Allaah to make us among the followers of the Sunnah who will be saved from the Fire, and to admit us to Paradise among the righteous. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1393/seventy two sect

Another link that clarifies on "Who are the saved group" : http://islamqa.com/en/ref/90112/seventy two sect

Its worth reading eventhough quite lengthy for a better understanding.

May Allaah keep us firm on the true path. Aminn

Wassalam.

stargazer

Clear Skies!
I am a muslim and I try to follow according to Quran and Sunnah. All these names eventhough some of them had good meanings have made me sick because it makes the whole ummah to divide. Allah commanded us to be muslims.

wassalam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Bismullahir-rahmanir -rahim

Being a Muslim, many of us have been labeled as a Sunni, Shia, Wahhabi, Sufi, et. Contrary to the happenings of today, the teachings of Islam lay down the foundations of a social system that purports to unite humanity in one social fabric irrespective of race, national or tribal origin and color. Unfortunately, the situation today is just that…a Muslim Ummah at odds with itself at all levels…

The deviation from and poor execution of the social code of Islam demonstrates nothing but a lack of proper “understanding” of that system by Muslims themselves. That, coupled with the many religious interpretations has divided Muslims in groups of Wahabis, Hanafis, Sunnis, Shias, ,Deobandis , and hundreds of other groups.

One of the reasons is failure to mature in our understanding of the religion.

This “understanding” can not and should not be mixed with “knowledge”. The truth is that while many of us may have the “knowledge” but we do not really “understand” our religion. The message simply doesn’t “click”. It is only when we start connecting the dots after getting the knowledge that we can begin to see the “light”. Understanding therefore is a process that takes time and requires energy. A teenager may “know” that smoking is bad for health while a chain smoker who just lost a lung to lung cancer may fully “understand” that smoking is bad for health. “Understanding therefore is the awareness of the connectedness of this information. It is understanding which allows knowledge to be put to use. Understanding represents a higher level than simple knowledge.”

……… And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord." And none receive admonition except men of understanding. (Quran: Aal-e-Imran:7) [(Tafsir At-Tabaree)]

We must therefore strive to increase our levels of knowledge to a point where we can begin to truly “understand”.

Allah revealed and the Prophet propagated ONE Islam and ONE set of teachings.

Once we start truly valuing the rewards mentioned in our religious teachings more than the worldly rewards and start fearing the warnings mentioned in the Quran and Ahadeeth, we can begin to take our religion seriously. Deeper reflection and more time will bring us closer to being serious.

Allah says in the Quran: "O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam." (Quran, 3:102)

It is clear that as Muslims, we need to start at the grass root levels within our homes and our communities. More knowledge will help us raise the levels of our understanding. Taking religious teachings more seriously will enable us to get closer to where we agree more and disagree less. Even when we disagree, we will do it in a more civilized way without compromising our fundamentals. When we unite within our families and communities, the positive peaceful vibrations will spread outward and have more of a global impact.

May Allah guide us all and UNITE us upon the TRUTH.Ameen summa ameen

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
that's not so hard.....firstly you are a MUSLIM:)....so you first look into QURAN for your problems ......then sunnah.:)
in case of sunnah find hadiths from bukhari or muslim cuz they are authentic:)
or you follow one of the four imaams(brother ahmed_indian explained then nicely)but sometimes theya re confusing as well......
there is hardly anything in our life which we cannot get from Quran and hadiths......so stick to them and be a............simple MUSLIM:)

hope it helps

arzafar

no need of long answers.
salafi is correct because they always quotes evidence from quran and sunnah. so im following them for good and becoming more extremist day by day lol!

Abdul25

Logical Believer
JazakaAllah khayran for the replies but i am not satisfied..

i am still confused as to who is right, slafis also have many sects within them as deobandis have..

only following quran and hadees doesn't solve the modern day problem there are many problems for which we have to consult some shaikh or follow some madhab..

so what is right and what is wrong is still not clear..

every sect provides proofs from quran and hadees about their being right..

i am totally have become frustrated as to why i cant find the truth..

this is not good for me.

w slam.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
only following quran and hadees doesn't solve the modern day problem there are many problems for which we have to consult some shaikh or follow some madhab..

so what is right and what is wrong is still not clear..

every sect provides proofs from quran and hadees about their being right.

:salam2:,

it is said - first things first.

so first is to have correct aqeedah -beliefs-. stick to the beliefs of sahabas (ra) and earlier scholars. book Aqeedah Tahawiyah is a wonderful one.

second is to do obligatory duties and avoid haraam - we all know frm Quran and sunnah about this. no scholar have difference over salah, avoiding alcohol, etc.

third is about minor matters - if u are confused, follow a particular school.

FreedomFighter

What madhhab do you follow brother? It would be best to stick to your madhab, as all the four madhhabs are correct. All the four madhhabs are sunni.

FreedomFighter

If you want to know why the madhabs may differ in some matters (which are mostly small matters), then that is another issue which you could search from Islamic websites such as Islamqa.

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
But no matter what we follow, in the end we will all die as Muslims and enter Jannah InshaAllah...right?

All you need is to believe in Allah and His messanger...right?

Abdul25

Logical Believer
But no matter what we follow, in the end we will all die as Muslims and enter Jannah InshaAllah...right?

All you need is to believe in Allah and His messanger...right?

how come?

i don't think so.
what matters most is what we believe i think, this is what makes 73 sects and this is what makes call one sect kafir to another sect.
and all these sects believe in Allah and his messenger btw.

and what about 6 authentic books of hadith, here people are telling me to follow only two books.. this makes confusion for me.