How many false prophets in the Ummah (sign of the end)?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
“In my Ummah, 30 liars will be born. Each will claim Prophethood and claim to be a Prophet, even though I am the last Prophet and there shall be no Prophet after me.
(Abu Dawood)

That the final hour will not come until 30 liars will appear (and claim Prophethood). The last of the liars will be the one eyed Dajjal.
(Ahmed)

Here's a short list thanks to: http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/qadian.htm#30 Liars
1. Aswad al Anasse – Claimed Prophethood whilst the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wassalm was still alive. The Sahâbâh Radiallahu Anhum killed him before the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wassalm passed away.
2. In the later part of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wassalm life Musailama claimed Prophethood. The Holy Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wassalm wrote a letter to him and named him Musailamah al Kazzab (the liar). Many Sahâbâh Radiallahu Anhum gave their lives in the battle of Yamaamah which took place at the time of Hadhrat Abu Bakr Radiallahu Anhu to kill Musailamah and his followers.
3. A woman called Sajah also claimed Prophethood and married Musailamah. However, when he was killed, she accepted Islam again.
4. Al Haarith al Kazzab claimed Prophethood in the Khilafah of Abdul Malik ibn Marwaan. He was also killed.

That makes 4. Add Ghulam Ahmad al Qadiani and Rashad Khalifa, and that'll make 6. Mahdi bin Ali bin Ali bin Abi Taleb makes 7 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070129/wl_nm/iraq_dc). Muhammad Ahmad makes 8. Baha'ullah makes 9.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_claiming_to_be_the_Mahdi#Salih_ibn_Tarif

"People claiming to be the Mahdi":

Salih ibn Tarif (10)

Said ibn Husayn (11)

Muhammad ibn Abdallah ibn Tumart (12)

Sayyid Muhammad Jaunpuri (13)

The Bab (14)

Sayyid Mohammed Abdullah Hassan (15)

Juhayman ibn-Muhammad ibn-Sayf al-Utaibi (16, wasn't this the idiot who seized the Grand Mosque in Mecca?)

Also include Mehmet Ali Ağca (17). This was the man who tried to kill Pope John Paul II (Ağca claimed to be Jesus).

Also include Wallace Fard Muhammad (18). He was the founder of the Nation of Islam and claimed to be a prophet.

I think that Elijah Muhammad also claimed to be a prophet. If so, that makes him (19).

Meher Baba, a former Sufi, claimed to be the incarnation of God. Does that make him (20)?

Ruhollah Khomeini is considered by some of his followers to be the Mahdi. Does that make him (21)?

Praise2Allah

Mahdi bin Ali bin Ali bin Abi Taleb

I read that this guy never did. He was killed for a long story, after he was killed al Sistani claimed that he claimed he was the mahdi and thats why he was killed. We have no documented proof that he ever claimed to be that.
Khomeini also never claimed to be the Mahdi.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I don’t like or appreciate what Khomeini did but I also believe that he NEVER claimed to be Mahdi; please note that there is a difference between the Shia/Sunni concept of Mahdi and Khomeini most certainly NEVER claimed to be the “Shia” Mahdi, Messiah or the Prophet

jamilgame

are not these ppl referred to as the 30 dajjals obviously there 1 dajjal but I’ve heard there known as the 30 Dajjals but anyways Imam Mahdi time is close most of small signs before imam mahdi have appeared, lots of female singers , extremely tall buildings( I.E. skyscrapers) , High rate of zina, ery intoxication and probably worst scene recently s will be massacred in a huge scale the last probably effects our brother and sisters in the Muslim world the most, and inshallah I really hope Imam mahdi time is near but we shouldn't all wait for him we should all try our best to make a difference not by war this that but by our minds and intellect.

Jamil

Praise2Allah

dont forget jamil before mahdi appears Gahtani has to appear too right? A guy from the Arabs of Gahtan and that he will unite the Arabs. This is in a saheeh hadith.