Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muslim-

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. i have been crying all day because i am not at peace with myself, i feel so depressed.
I come from an Asian background and it is seen to be a very bad thing if one reverts to Islam. My father is very strict and my mother will just listen to him. They will kick me out! I have no money or anything to support myself.
I have no one to help me and to teach me about Islam. I really need to find some sisters that are willing to help me, but i have no muslim friends at all. This is another reason I feel so lost. There is no one out there to guide me to the right path. I havent even been to a Mosque, there is one near my house, but i feel scared going by myself. I drive past it everyday and long to go in.
i feel so empty inside. Sometimes i feel that why have i been put in such a situation? this is so hard for me

:salam2: sister,

sad to hear about the troubles! inshAllah everything will become easier...I hope

just go for the truth...

and remember you dont have to make your islam public straight away

:salam2: first thing you should not wait to take the shahada. Let this be between you and ALLAH tala first. Second you dont have to change your name to be a muslim. if you want to change it that is a different issue. third you are 22 years old and in a way you are not a kid so the thing like they will throw me out on the road should not fear you. Cause how do you know in the first place how they will react. Be a good muslim set a good example. and maybe your parents when they see the positive change in you will not be as harsh as you think. As for your friend dump that friend who says that he will disown you. He should except you the way you are. and the rest in Allahs hands may he guide you and protect you.

visionusman

being content
"Verily after every difficulty there is relief". The greater the hardship the greater the reward. InshAllah.

I'm not sure there is anything I can do to help apart from make dua, but in case you do need any specific help, please let me now. I'm sure the sister who has volunteered to help, would help you overcome most of your fears. In any case if there is anything any one of us can do ask this sister to let us know.

b_hanan

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. i have been crying all day because i am not at peace with myself, i feel so depressed.
I come from an Asian background and it is seen to be a very bad thing if one reverts to Islam. My father is very strict and my mother will just listen to him. They will kick me out! I have no money or anything to support myself.
I have no one to help me and to teach me about Islam. I really need to find some sisters that are willing to help me, but i have no muslim friends at all. This is another reason I feel so lost. There is no one out there to guide me to the right path. I havent even been to a Mosque, there is one near my house, but i feel scared going by myself. I drive past it everyday and long to go in.
i feel so empty inside. Sometimes i feel that why have i been put in such a situation? this is so hard for me

My dearest sister 'guide_me',
Peace & blessings of Allah be with you and to all of you out there! First of all, welcome to TTI. Reading your post makes my heart yearns to be there with you right now and let you feel how much you mean to us but because physically we can't be with you, yet "All praise & thanks be to Allah (Alhamdulillah)" for guiding you to be with us in this forum. More or less, you know already what is ISLAM is all about. Please don't hesitate to take the next step - say the Shahada. Don't be afraid for the Guidance of Allah is there already in your heart. Just say what you believe and leave the rest to Allah. Really i hope to personally keep in touch with you to be your friend. I have a supplication here i want to share with you from the book "Don't be SAD" by Dr. 'Aid Al Qarni.
O' Allah, Possesor of Majesty, Magnificence & Might,
Let comfort take the place of sorrow,
Make happiness come after sadness,
And let safety take the place of fear.
O' Allah, sooth burning hearts with coolness of Faith.
O' Our Lord, give peaceful slumber to the restless &
Serenity to the disturbed souls.
O' Our Lord, guide the confused ones to your light &
Those that are astray to your guidance.
O' Allah, remove evil whispers from our hearts
And replace them with light, destroy falsehood with truth,
And crush the evil plots of the Devil with your army of Angels.
O' Allah, remove from us miserly, affliction and anxiety.
We seek refuge in YOU from fearing anything except YOU,
From depending anyone except upon You,
From putting our full trust in anyone except in You,
And from invoking anyone other than You.
You are the Supreme Patron and an Excellent Protector. AMEN.
:tti_sister: Leaving you in the care of our RABB...hanan

guide_me

i want to take Shahada very soon, but i was told that i need 3 muslim witnesses, but i dont have any muslim friends to help me. I know ALOT about Islam, since i was a little girl i have always been interested in Islam. Only recently i have realised that Islam is the Truth.

I would like to change my name to 'Aisha', what does everyone think of that?
is there anyone from West London or in the London area that can suggest where I can go for guidence?

Amirah84

Hi,

I want to start off by saying that I hope and pray that Allah guides you to the truth and opens your heart for Islam.

You say you don't have any muslim friends... well now u sure do inshaAllah. I'm a muslim sister in London and I know many other muslims sisters who would be more than willing to help you out. I study at uni and there we have had many new muslims and all the sisters have been very supportive and offered help in whatever way they can. Please pm me if you want my details and we could arrange to meet if that would be beneficial for you.

I would like to say that sometimes things may seem worse than they are and Satan is always there to make you avoid or be afraid of doing that which would Please your Lord. He will whisper to you all the bad things that may happen to you and so cause you to worry and be grieved.

So follow your heart as to what is right and take it step by steo after that. I;m sure many brothers and sister who reverted to Islam can give encouraging advice.

I wish you the success of this life and the hereafter,

Take care

Amirah

Mikaeel

guide_me, it sounds as if you are Muslim in your heart. If this is truly what is in your heart, do not hesitate to say Shahadah. Allah will hear your voice and He will be your witness. Alhamdulillah!

You will always be able to repeat your testimony of faith before other witnesses at a later date.

May Allah continue to bless you, keep you and guide you on the right path. Ameen.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum

Remember that the person who decides to convert (or rather, revert) to Islam on Saturday dies on Friday. Meaning, accept Islam and say the Shahadah and believe it IMMEDIATLY, for you're regret will be eternal if you don't. Then, you'll say: "If only I had said that ONE sentence one minute earlier!"

I have no muslim friends, so i cant ask anyone for help. I know for a fact that my family will disown me, but I'm not happy the way i'm living my life at the moment. I am an only child, and I know it will hurt my parents if I revert to Islam. When I do revert to Islam, I will have no one to help me or support me, I will be thrown onto the streets.
Ive spoken to my best friend about me reverting and he said he will disown me too.

Allah is pleased with His servents when they follow Him even when they are feared to be persecuted.

The more you suffer because of Islam, the more Allah will reward you.

Just as what happened to the early Muslims. They were beaten, stoned, streched to death, murdered, heavy boulders were put on them and people tried to crush them. It even happened to Muhammad :)saw:)!

I feared the same as you, since my family is Christian and I was Christian. However, I kept praying to Allah to help me in my situation, and He delivered! My family isn't "accepting" it (I don't care if they don't like Islam), but they are "allowing" it (even though I'd be a Muslim anyway). So pray to Allah, and He'll deliver! He is there for you, and will always be! Just ask Him, and He'll help you if He Wills. ASK!

For now, we will support you, Allah Willing, in your quest for Islam. Also, search on the net. Order a free English Qur'an at http://freequran.com and hide it somewhere. Order the "New Muslims Gift" to get a whole bunch of books on Islam and hide them. And last, but CERTAINLY not least, call upon Allah to help you! He can help you MUCH more than we can. All you must do is believe that He'll help you with an unshakable faith and ask Him to help you.

I can testify to this personally: when you ask, He answers!

I feel such peace when I hear the Quran being recited. All I can do is reaserch over the Internet about Islam or watch the Islam Channel on TV when my family have gone to bed.

Allah sees your suffering, and He'll deliver you if He's Willing. Ask Him in prayer, and continue learning about Islam; even if you must stay up until 3:00 AM!

There is one thing I would like to know, would I have to change my name? I know I would have to change my first name, but do I have to change my last name? Also once I find the strength to take Shahada, will i be given anything to confirm that I am a Muslim?

Take the Shahadah NOW! Remember: pray to Allah and ask for the strength, and believer (or rather, KNOW) that He'll grant you it, and He will (if He's willing)! I can testify personally to this, and so can millions of other Muslim converts (or rather, reverts).

On the issue of changing your name, it depends. If any of your names are "Christine" (meaning servent of Christ) or anything else that suggests that you worship anyone/thing but Allah, then it's best that you change it (you should change it, because it's hated by Allah (and He knows best, and may He correct me if I'm wrong) to keep such names).

You don't have to change it legally if you can't. Just keep it in your mind: "My name may be Christine, and I don't worship Christ, I worship Allah". Your name may not be Christine, but I'm using it as an example.

Allah prefers that we name ourselves after Prophets/Prophetesses/very pious Muslims, and that we give ourselves names that tell plainly that we worship Allah.

For example, the name I've chosen for myself is "Zulfiqar Abdullah". My surname is "Abdullah", meaning "slave (or worshipper) of Allah". "Zulfiqar" is the name of a famous sword used by 'Ali (RA), a very pious person.

Muhammad :)saw:) has said that Allah loves it when we take names after Prophets/Prophetesses and when we say that we are "Abdullah" (slave of Allah) and "Abdul-Rahman" (slave of the Most Kind).

You may wish to name yourself something like "Maryam" (Arabic for "Mary", the mother of the Prophet Jesus (PBUH)). Some people believe Maryam was a Prophetess.

Or maybe you may wish to name yourself Ai'sha or Khadijah. They were wives of the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:). They were VERY pious people and are the "Mothers of the Believers" (the title Allah the Exalted and Glorified Himself has given them). This title tells that they are perfect examples for believers to follow.

I will be VERY greatful for any replies.

Thank you

No problem, but all praise and thanks are due to Allah the Exalted and Most Glorified alone, for He is the only One who deserves it. May Allah the Exalted guide you to Islam and help you prosper spiritually. May Allah the Exalted also give you the strength and courage to practice Islam and may He reward you for your struggles.

Remember that the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) gave back from a war once. He said to his Companians (RA): "We have come back from the lesser Jihad to engage in the greater Jihad" (or something along those lines). Also remember that Allah's loves when a servent goes through Jihad for His sake ONLY. Meaning, your spiritual struggle will, if Allah Wills it, greatly please Allah the Exalted.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
i want to take Shahada very soon, but i was told that i need 3 muslim witnesses, but i dont have any muslim friends to help me. I know ALOT about Islam, since i was a little girl i have always been interested in Islam. Only recently i have realised that Islam is the Truth.

I would like to change my name to 'Aisha', what does everyone think of that?
is there anyone from West London or in the London area that can suggest where I can go for guidence?

sister u don't need 3 muslim or any one as witnesses when u take Shahada..

Among the beauties of Islam is the fact that in this religion there are no intermediaries in the relationship between a person and his Lord. Entering this religion does not involve any special ceremonies or procedures that need to be done in front of any other person, nor does it require the consent of any specific people.

Becoming Muslim is very easy and anyone can do it even if he is all alone in the desert or in a locked room. All it takes is to say two beautiful sentences which sum up the meaning of Islam and which include the statement that a person is the slave of his Lord and that he submits himself to Him and recognizes that He is his God and Helper and Protector Who decrees for him whatever He wills; and that Muhammad :saw: is the slave and Messenger of Allaah :saw:whom he must follow with regard to what was revealed to him from Allaah, for obeying the Messenger is part of obeying Allaah. Whoever utters these twin statements of faith, with conviction and believing in them, becomes a Muslim, sharing all the rights and duties that other Muslims have.

After that he can start straight away to do the things that Allaah has made obligatory, such as the five daily prayers at the right times, fasting during the month of Ramadaan, and so on. From this it should be clear to you that you can become a Muslim straight away, so get up, have a shower and say: “Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu (I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah and I bear witness that Muhammad :saw: is His slave and Messenger).

about the new name it's so good name :ma:

that's name of mother of believers Aisha may Allah bless here..

i leave u in Allah's care

peace,

sophiayusuf

Where do I start?
I'm a 22 year old female, from London and i feel so lost and empty.
I have realised that Islam is the truth and I would love to revert. I know I need to take Shahada, but I need some guidence.

I have no muslim friends, so i cant ask anyone for help. I know for a fact that my family will disown me, but I'm not happy the way i'm living my life at the moment. I am an only child, and I know it will hurt my parents if I revert to Islam. When I do revert to Islam, I will have no one to help me or support me, I will be thrown onto the streets.
Ive spoken to my best friend about me reverting and he said he will disown me too.

I feel such peace when I hear the Quran being recited. All I can do is reaserch over the Internet about Islam or watch the Islam Channel on TV when my family have gone to bed.

There is one thing I would like to know, would I have to change my name? I know I would have to change my first name, but do I have to change my last name? Also once I find the strength to take Shahada, will i be given anything to confirm that I am a Muslim?

I will be VERY greatful for any replies.

Thank you
In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful!
asalaamu alaikum sister,
i just registered to turntoislam.com to reply to your post.
anyways... i just wanted to say that as far as i am concerned you are in 'a state of islam' already. technically you are muslim because your intention is to turn to allah, hence why i consider u a "sister" in islam.you are very lucy that allah (swt) has guide to islam and inshallah allah will still guide and help you for life now. if we take a step towards allah,allah will take ten steps towards you. it also says in the quran that whoever allah guides can not be mis'guided and whoever allah mis'guides can not be guided.
if you have already teken your shahada Congratulations on making the best choice of your life by reverting to Islam.if you haven't already taken your shahada and need someone help you. then please let me know. my name is leyla and i leave in south kensington,london. contact me on;079 404 69812 and insha'allah i will do all i can to help you.

When one becomes convinced and has strong belief that Islam is the true religion ordained by Allah Almighty for all human beings, then he should go ahead and accept Islam without any delay.

The basic beliefs one is required to accept while entering the fold of Islam are as following:

1) God is One. He has neither a partner, nor a son or daughter. He is One in the true sense of the word that has no room for the concept of trinity, or for any other form of camouflage monotheism or a disguised polytheism.

2) The Holy Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him & give him peace) is the last Messenger of Allah after whom no messenger or prophet of Allah (in any sense of the word) will come.

3) The Holy Qur'an is the last of the divine books revealed upon the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), and all its contents are true.

4) The life in the Hereafter (after death) is eternal, where one will face the fate of his good and evil deeds.

5) All the teachings of the Qur’an and the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in absolute and unambiguous terms are true and acceptable.

When an individual accepts these fundamental beliefs of Islam from the depth of his heart, and rejects those beliefs of his former faith that contradict Islamic beliefs, then he/she will be considered a Muslim.

As far as the verbal acceptance is concerned, the majority (jumhur) of the scholars of Islamic creed (aqidah) are of the position that verbal confession is a condition in order for one to be called a Muslim in this world, and on which judgments are passed, such as: Marrying, inheriting, being buried in a Muslim graveyard, etc…

Since having a belief in the heart is a hidden thing that must have a sign, therefore, whosoever believes with his heart (tasdiq bil qalb) and does not confess with his tongue (iqrar bil lisan) is considered a believer with Allah Almighty, but not according to the judgments of this world.
Therefore, if you are convinced of the basic and essential beliefs of Islam, then you are already considered a believer according to Allah Almighty. However, for you to be considered a believer in this world, you must confess and express your beliefs by saying the Shahadah.

Conversion to Islam is very simple and has no particular procedure, like baptism, etc. It is not necessary that one seeks the mediation of a saint or priest, nor is it a pre-requisite to go to a mosque or to an institution for accepting Islam. One can accept Islam on his own. However, it is advisable to go to a learned Muslim (preferably a scholar) who can inform you about the basic beliefs of Islam and can teach you the concise and comprehensive words to express the acceptance of those beliefs.

Normally the following sentences are used for that purpose:

"I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad, (Allah bless him & give peace), is His servant and messenger."

"I have believed in Allah and His angels and His book (as they were originally revealed on His prophets) and in His messengers and in the Last Day and in the fact that all the good and bad destinies come from Allah and in being raised alive after death."

Therefore, you must hasten towards verbally accepting Islam. There are no conditions or pre-requisites for accepting Islam. This is the religion (deen) chosen by the Almighty, and is the only religion which will save one from eternal punishment in the Hereafter. Therefore, go ahead and convert to Islam at once, without any delay, hesitation or thoughts about the practical side of Islam.

Allah Most High says:

“The Religion by Allah is Islam” (Qur'an 3:19).

Embracing Islam is a very personal journey for many reverts. whenever you ready to tell your family,emphasize to them that Islam has given you personal solace, joy, and peace. Allah willing, over time they will come to see how Islam has transformed your life for the better.

ps; don't be scared to cantact me,i'm your sister in islam.

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Welcome to TTI

Dear Sister,

May Allah (SWT) bless you with guidance, wisdom and knowledge, and grant you with peace and happiness.

"Verily Allah does not change men’s condition unless they change their inner selves."
(Qur’an C13: V11)

Allah (SWT) guides whom He wills and He knows best those who will be guided.

"O humanity! There has come to you a direction from your Lord and a cure for all [the ills] in men’s hearts - and for those who believe, a Guidance and a Mercy"
(Qur’an C10: V57)

As the brothers and sisters of TTI have advised you, I too would recommend that you say your Shahadah as soon as possible.

"When you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah."
(Qur’an C3: V159)

Please do not hesistate to contact me if you need someone to talk to, and I will help you in whatever way I can (Insha-Allah).

“And those who strive in Our way We shall guide them to our paths and verily Allah is with the doers of good (muhsinoon).”
(Qur’an C29: V69)

In addition, please read the following article:[/COLOR]

Benefits of Becoming a Muslim
By Ahmad H. Sakr, Ph.D.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This article is designed for those who wish to become Muslim; as to what would be their benefits after accepting Islam. It should be stated here that we are not trying to entice people to become Muslim, nor are we trying to convert them into the fold of Islam. Any person who wishes to become a Muslim should recognize that he or she will get all these benefits and much more. However, he or she should realize that they have to earn them by practicing the teachings of Islam. Implementing the practice of Islamic teachings is as important as believing.

Benefits

The following items are some of the benefits to be earned and enjoyed by those who wish to become Muslim:

1. As far as the Creator (whose proper name is Allah) is concerned, you will be able to identify Him and get to know Him, His role and your relationship to His names, you will be able to communicate with Him any time, 24 hours a day, throughout the whole year. As a result of this category, you will be able to know your origin, your roots and the wisdom as to why you are on this planet. You will be able to have good answers to the questions why, how, when, where, what and other philosophical questions.

2. As a result of the first benefit, your loyalty, allegiance, and obedience will be to the Creator himself. You will transcend yourself from all types of allegiance for this world. This means that if there is a conflict of interest between your boss, your job, your government, your system or any worldly relationship with the Creator, you will undoubtedly put your trust in Allah, the Creator of the universe. You will follow Him before you follow anyone else.

3. As a result of the second benefit, you will be able to acquire peace, harmony, tranquillity and happiness within yourself, with your family, with people of the world, with the environment and with the universe. One has to remember that the source of peace is Allah, and one of his beautiful names is that He is The Peace.

4. As an endorsement to the third benefit, you will get rid of the extra electrostatic charges from your brain and the central nervous system by performing the daily Salah. Through Salah, you are to prostrate by putting your forehead to the floor; and as such are grounding yourself, and you are discharging these extra charges into the ground. As a result of this act, you will get rid of many of the neurological diseases from your body.

5. As a result of the fourth benefit, you will acquire a pleasant personality. You will be friendly and amicable. You would not need to drink alcohol, to use drugs or to get involved in vulgarity or immorality.

6. Through the experience of fasting in Islam, you will be able to have self-control, self-restraint, self-discipline, self-education, self-evaluation, and self-obedience to Allah the Creator. You undoubtedly will be able to improve health, personality, character, and behaviour.

7. As a result of the sixth benefit, you will be able to control your lusts, selfishness, desires, greed, ego, and conceitedness.

8. Another side reaction of the sixth and seventh benefits is that you will be generous and hospitable; you will try to purify yourself and your mistakes by sharing your happiness and your wealth with those who are less fortunate than you. Your rewards will manifold, compounded daily until the Day of Judgement.

9. By performing pilgrimage to Makkah, you will transcend yourself from being nationalistic, sectarian, or denominational into being universal. You will be part and an essential constituent of the rainbow of Islam. You will be also part of the brotherhood of Islam with those who already submitted themselves to the Creator. At the same time, you will get rid of any inferiority or superiority complexes. You will also find yourself in synchrony and harmony with all the prophets and messengers of Allah since the creation of Adam and Eve until the last final messenger to mankind, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). While in Makkah, you will be able to visit the places of revelation of the Quran as well as the places visited by Prophet Abraham and members of his family such as Hagar and Ishmael. You will visit the place where the first astronauts, Adam and Eve landed on earth.

10. In becoming a Muslim, you will do your best to stop all types of exploitations in all their forms: economic, biological, mental, spiritual, psychological, political, etc. You will also work to liberate people and give them freedom of worship, freedom of speech, and freedom of expression. You will be a leader and help lead people to peace, tranquillity and happiness.

11. In accepting Islam, you will help to reduce all types of social ills in the society: juvenile delinquency, child abuse, domestic abuse, incest, homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, premarital relationships, extramarital relationships, and other vices.

12. As a result of the eleventh benefit, you will reduce and eliminate venereal diseases, AIDS, and other diseases of similar nature in the society.

13. Finally, when you die, you will die at peace. You will have a happy life in the grave and later, eternal happiness. Angels at the time of death will comfort you. They will also show you your place in paradise. On the Day of Judgment, you will be able to see and meet all the prophets and messengers of God to mankind including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad. You will be able to see and meet any and all of your friends and relatives. You will live an eternal life of bliss in paradise.

Reflections:

The benefits mentioned above and many more cannot be purchased with money anywhere in the world. No one is to sell them to you or to advertise them on TV. You have to take the initiative yourself and try to acquire them by accepting Islam first and then by practicing its teachings. You should be honest with yourself, sincere, and truthful to the Creator. You should try wholeheartedly to practice what you believe, regardless of whether someone else is good or not while seeking happiness is a must, it should not be measured with other people's standards or with material gains. Happiness is from its potential to its kinetic forms. People around you should feel your happiness as well as benefit from you.

Are you ready to accept this challenge today? Remember, tomorrow may not come, and it will be too late.

I leave you in Allah's (SWT) care, my Sister.

shaz_1999

Sis u seem 2hav many ppl here willing 2 help u but still im here if u need any help at all but im here in da West Midlands

Take care sis

Inshallah u will be guided by Allah

Argus

Alhamdulillah, you mustn't fret, you should become Muslim right away if you know it is the truth. But you should be careful, hide your Islam carefully and practice it when you feel safe, once you are able to live on your own then you shall be able to work towards being a great Muslimah.

guide_me

Thank you my brothers and sisters for helping me!

I finally have said Shahada, when I was at home and I started crying tears of joy.
I have been through a lot of pain in my life, and now i finally feel at peace within myself. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

In my post, I mentioned that my best friend said he will disown me if i revert, I saw him yesterday, and he said that he wants to go to the Mosque with me sometime. At first I thought he was playing a horrbile joke on me, but now i realise that he means it. He's told me he is curious about Islam.

I have spoken to one wonderful sister from this site, and we are going to the Mosque tomorrow. I cant wait, i feel a bit nervous.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Masha'Allah sister, that Allah swt has made it possible for you to be guided to Islam.

Allahu akbar
Allahu akbar
Allahu akbar

You are a muslimah sister now - our sister in Islam, and you have a great family alhamdulillaah (praise belongs to Allah). :)

wasalaam.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Allahu akbar (Allah SWT is the greatest)
Most welcome to Islam dear sister. May Allah protect you from all evils and make all difficulties easy for you.
We are all your family, brothers and sisters.
I am sure alot of people from this site have been following your progress just like me and that they are all as happy as I am about your reversion.
Subhanallah

I leave you in care of Allah swt

Wassalamu alaikum

your brother in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.