It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time"​

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
loved it

i absolutelt loved the poem did you write it? very beautiful, thansk for sharing, loved the last part about the Lord never finding time put persons name in book!

subhanallah

i absolutelt loved the poem did you write it? very beautiful, thansk for sharing, loved the last part about the Lord never finding time put persons name in book!

:salam2:

Oh no, I wish! I got it forwarded to my e-mail.
I'm glad you all enjoyed it :) The words really get you thinking!

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom,

the first part is nice but
The poem really dont sound good in the last parts actually I feel its wrong even to say it, its more sound like it was written by chirstian and some one changed it to be on Muslims.

For in his hands God held a book; Allah s.w.t dont hold book in hand on day of judgment.

It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...

But never found the time" ( Allah dont have time ? )

Allah A3lam

I just thought to point every one to this, and reminde my self and you to watch what we are saying, since we are judged by whats by what our tongue says day and night.
A reminder for myself first, may Allah forgive me and all the muslims inshallah.

hadith29arabic1.gif

hadith29arabic2.gif

From Mu'adh bin Jabal, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I said:

"O Messenger of Allah, tell me of a deed which will take me into Paradise and will keep me away from the Hell-fire." He said: "You have asked me about a great matter, yet it is, indeed, an easy matter for him to whom Allah Almighty makes it easy. (It is ) that you worship Allah without associating anything with Him, that you perform the prayers, that you pay the zakat, that you fast during Ramadan, and that you make the pilgrimage to the House."

Then he said: "Shall I not guide you to the gates of goodness? Fasting is a shield; charity extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire; and a man's prayer in the middle of the night." Then he recited: "Who forsake their beds to cry unto their Lord in fear and hope, and spend of that We have bestowed on them. No soul knoweth what is kept hid for them of joy, as a reward for what they used to do". [Qu'ran, Surah al-Sajdah (32): Ayah 16-17]

Then he said: "Shall I not also tell you of the peak of the matter, its pillar, and its topmost part?" I said: "Yes, O Messenger of Allah." He said: "The peak of the matter is Islam (submission to Allah), the pillar is prayer; and its topmost part is jihad." Then he said: "And shall I not tell you of the controlling of all that ?" I said:" Yes, O Messenger of Allah". So he took hold of his tongue and said: "Restrain this." I said: "O Prophet of Allah, will we be held accountable for what we say?" He said: "May your mother be bereft of you! Is there anything that topples people on their faces (or he said, on their noses) into the Hell-fire other than the jests of their tongues?"
[Related by Al-Tirmidhi, who said it was a fine and sound hadith

wa Allah A3lam
wa salaaam

subhanallah

Thank you brother.. but I thought that it was what's inside the heart that counted, one's intentions. And my intentions were as far away from the hadith you've quoted as possible.. I know that God always finds the time and I know that God won't hold a book in his hands on the day of judgement. BUT when I read the poem, it reminded me in such a beautiful way of how much we're underestimating our "debt" to Allah.. how much He's doing for us and how little we're doing in return.. It made me feel so guilty and regretful for all the times I've put something in front of Allah.. Reading the poem made me feel stronger, made my faith become stronger, made me remember what our duty as muslims really is and how enormous our gratitude towards Allah should be...

Because of all the strong feelings that emerged from inside of me, I wanted to share the poem with the rest of you here.. so hopefully it'd get you thinking as well..

But oh well.
It seems that all my posts get misunderstood in one way or another..
Can any administrator/moderat please delete this post? And all the rest that've caused some tension? (i.e. everything I've posted?)

Thank you brother for pointing out my mistake. I appreciate it, even if that doesn't seem to be the matter at the moment. Jazaka allahu kheyra.

:wasalam:

David Gould

Subhanallah,
The measure of a good poem is whether it speaks to that deeper part of you. Clearly it did. The peom is written on three levels.
Level one is the straight factual one where what our brother says is probably true as I recall Allah will have the scrolls of your life (scrolls/book is there a quibble here?) in His hands. No He won't have forgotten you.
Level two is where the words enter a person's heart and give a dirrect message which as I have indicated this does. It is a warning to always find time for Allah, for prayer, meditation and be bold and declare your faith as a Muslim.
Level three is the spiritual dimension where the poem moves one from one state to another. If at Level two it has spoken to your heart you will find the it has progressed or moved on the soul to have a nearer walk with Allah.
Some judge a diamond by its setting, some by its beauty while others know that it cuts glass. Happy is the person who knows all three.
Thank you for sharing this poem where ever it came from. It spoke to you. It spoke to me. Have that faith in yourself. Your posts are valued and do not need to be deleted. Your intention was pure. You wanted others to have more time for Allah. Allah be praised.

sumeye86

Mashallah very nice..it really makes me think about my daily life..sometimes we do carried away with the wordly things and forget wats important....:girl3:
Thank u..:hijabi:

Love my islam

I agree with brother mrmuslim that you have to be carefull with these poems. Sometimes they are written by nonmuslims and relays the messsge in a different way then a muslim would have wanted.
But dont feel bad 'subhanallah' I can see your intention.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom brother,

I wasnt trying to point to you or any one, my point was reminding my self and every one as it was your intention too... I apologize ....

some time we dont pay attention to the words we read and they might have huge mistake in them. again dont take what I posted against you, I know your intention was good to reminde us "" brother and sister""
but my objection was just with the last part which was against Attribution of Allah.

Dont feel bad every one know that your intention is good and I am sorry if my post made you feel sad or wrong... that was not my intention.

jazaak Allah Khiran

wa salaam alikom

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
No,don't feel like this.Intention is what counts and what is in your heart counts.I converted to Islam and went thru a lot of offence from muslim brothers and sisters.Sometimes I said something from the heart,but it wasn't according to Islam,according to the rules that many people just follow,without any feelings in their hearts.i'm sorry for saying that,but this is what i experienced.Allah loves those who are kind to the people ,it says in The Quran.And this poem feels like coming from the heart.Allah is the one to judge us.And its between him and U only.
Don't feel bad,we all make mistakes,its not what u intented....
salam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam alikom All

Please every one dont take what I posted as it was pointed to the sister subhanAllah and dont start judging me as I was pointiong fingers to her, as I said the poem is beautifull and good but the last part is just against Allah attribution.

it wasnt her mistake that the poem has some mistake in it, she posted it with the good intention may Allah reward her for her intention.

Who ever wrote the poem didnt notice they have done mistake, my intention was to point out the mistake..

I hope I am making sense now ...:SMILY149: ....

Wa jazaakom Allah khair...

salaam alikom :) :) :) see I am smiling :SMILY149: :SMILY149: :SMILY149:

asabr

Asalam alaikum wr/wb
Baraka allah feekoum, May allah reward you all. Thanks to the sister that posted the poem and the brother that posted the hadith. You were both spreading Allah's message and doing good for the umaah. You are both right in different ways. There is far more agreement than disagreement between the two. Both the poem and the Hadith remind us of Allah and the hereafter. I ask Allah to reward you both..and the rest of the muslims....amin
wasalam alaikum wr/wb

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Ameen to your Dua sister.......may Allah help us to spread the truth and remember that we as humanity should be helping one another not be upset when corrected. JazakAllah khayr to both of you. It was a lovely poem sister and a good reminder from the hadith bro Mrmuslim......jazakAllah khayr may Allah reward you both for your good intentions.......ameen.

wasalam :hijabi:

subhanallah

Salam aleykom
Oh, don't apologize brother Mrmuslim! I know you too had good intentions and as I said, I really appreciate your post! It's our duty as muslims to point out others' mistakes as it'll do good to both them and us in the afterlife. And I am really glad that you posted that hadith! It helped me with other things too and made me fear Allah more. But it's just that the other day, I was so sick of being told how to practise my deen and always being judged as a muslim.. by both muslims and non-muslims. But as I mentioned earlier: it wasn't you or your post that annoyed me - NOT AT ALL! May Allah reward you for that post! I just happened to take it all out on you :shymuslima1: So please, don't take it personally! I'm sorry if I said something wrong or hurtful! I'm feeling all bad now for my response :(

Don't be sad, I'm not!
See, I'm smiling too :SMILY288: :SMILY288: :SMILY288:!

Oh, and thank you everyone else for your words!
Jazakum Allahu kheyra