Things I didn't know about Facebook

palestine

Servant of Allah
This was interesting. Alhamdulillah however i do not use facebook except for dawah purposes and to raise awareness of genocides. i see some ppl share their personal life with ppl there. and pics, so dangerous.
take care.
wasalamu alaikum.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
:salam2:

my friends keep pushing me to make a facebook account but somehow i have an unpleasant feeling about it even though it looks "safe" now i understand.

kayleigh

I have facebook, but I barely use it. I don't put anything on it unless it is something I wouldn't mind the whole world knowing. You just have to be careful with it.

If you don't have facebook, you're not missing anything.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

:rolleyes:Hmm, I wonder why a lot of people didn't ckeck or reply to this. People are hiding huh? Lol! I'm just teasing.:D:D:D But really, people shouldn't ignore this.
Anyway brother, i guess i can say things i didn't know about facebook as well. I'm quite surprised. Jazak Allahu khayra for spreading the word brother. May Allah bless you brother.

wasalam

HIBBA2009

Daughter of Adam
Asalamalikum

humm about facebook, i think facebook is the worst website on the net for all the muslims.........i saw many younger brothers n sisters who r in very bad company on fb, n do wrong things on that website ........i feel very bad to see that our muslim sisters n brothers going wrong way becoz the reason is Facebook,
My freinds was pushing me to make a account on FB, but i didn't notice n tell them that facebook is bad thing n there r many bad ppl on fb, n i told them what is the right way n what is the wrong way? so Alhumdillah, most of my frnds delete the accounts on fb

May Allah show the right path of all the muslim Ameen!!

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
So, often it is easy to forget that although the internet is a virtual world; we are still under the watchful eyes of the angels in it. If evil looked hideous it would be easy to recognize and flee; unfortunately, it often seems harmless or enticing.

I heard a story from an old Pentecostal Preacher who said that his father brought a friend into their home. The friend was a great story teller and would often amuse the children and the parents with his stories. The father didn't drink or smoke; however, the friend would occasionally encourage both. The parents didn't use curse words or innuendos, but the friend did. All of the family members and friends held the same beliefs as the father and mother; unfortunately, the friend seemed to adopt different views by the hour. Finally, the father picked the friend up and threw him out of the house. That was the last TV that was ever in the Preacher's family's home.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
I heard a story from an old Pentecostal Preacher who said that his father brought a friend into their home. The friend was a great story teller and would often amuse the children and the parents with his stories. The father didn't drink or smoke; however, the friend would occasionally encourage both. The parents didn't use curse words or innuendos, but the friend did. All of the family members and friends held the same beliefs as the father and mother; unfortunately, the friend seemed to adopt different views by the hour. Finally, the father picked the friend up and threw him out of the house. That was the last TV that was ever in the Preacher's family's home.

Asalamu alaykum

Very inspiring story. Masha Allah! jazak ALlahu khayra for sharing.:)

wasalam

Ibn Uthaymin

Asslamu alykum

Facebook is haram?I respectfully disagree. I have a Facebook. I made it purely for the sake of my friends. Im in my last year of school and to keep in touch they asked me to make one.Not everyone is doing haram on Facebook. Its incorrect to paint it as such. As a matter of fact, some of the students of knowledge who studied in Madeenah University have a Facebook.

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
Asslamu alykum

Facebook is haram?I respectfully disagree. I have a Facebook. I made it purely for the sake of my friends. Im in my last year of school and to keep in touch they asked me to make one.Not everyone is doing haram on Facebook. Its incorrect to paint it as such. As a matter of fact, some of the students of knowledge who studied in Madeenah University have a Facebook.

yes I totally agree i have fb and i use it only to connect with my family only and sometimes for religious purpose Allhamdulillah, May Allah guide us all

i think it depend's on a person how he/she uses may Allah guide us

but these videos were really really helpfull may Allah grant you janat al firdous inshAllah :tti_sister:

jazakallah khair

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
I don't think Facebook is Haraam nor is MySpace or television or the internet. However, if it is used for Haraam or allow Haraam to enter your home or to encourage Haraam, then there is a danger. If one lives their life as if they are always being watched than their is no danger in using Facebook, MySpace, or any other social network. If a person always asks what is the consequence of this thought, action, or emotion then there should be know harm by any of their thoughts, actions, or emotions.

I had a Facebook or MySpace account. One of the people who were friends with a friend of one of my sisters or brothers or one of their children requested that I had them as a friend. I clicked accept without even thinking. The next day when I went to my account their were filthy pictures, lewd statements, and all kinds of things which I wouldn't want associated with me. Also, I had an email account with yahoo, I began getting an increasing number of requests confirmation to yahoo groups to which I never requested admittance. I am assuming that someone who had my email address thought it would be amusing to try and sign me up to these haraam groups. I eventually just stopped using that email address.

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1Pe 5:5 كَذَلِكَ أَيُّهَا الأَحْدَاثُ اخْضَعُوا لِلشُّيُوخِ، وَكُونُوا جَمِيعاً خَاضِعِينَ بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ، وَتَسَرْبَلُوا بِالتَّوَاضُعِ، لأَنَّ اللهَ يُقَاوِمُ الْمُسْتَكْبِرِينَ، وَأَمَّا الْمُتَوَاضِعُونَ فَيُعْطِيهِمْ نِعْمَةً.
1Pe 5:6 فَتَوَاضَعُوا تَحْتَ يَدِ اللهِ الْقَوِيَّةِ لِكَيْ يَرْفَعَكُمْ فِي حِينِهِ،
1Pe 5:7 مُلْقِينَ كُلَّ هَمِّكُمْ عَلَيْهِ لأَنَّهُ هُوَ يَعْتَنِي بِكُمْ.
1Pe 5:8 اُصْحُوا وَاسْهَرُوا لأَنَّ إِبْلِيسَ خَصْمَكُمْ كَأَسَدٍ زَائِرٍ، يَجُولُ مُلْتَمِساً مَنْ يَبْتَلِعُهُ هُوَ.
1Pe 5:9 فَقَاوِمُوهُ رَاسِخِينَ فِي الإِيمَانِ، عَالِمِينَ أَنَّ نَفْسَ هَذِهِ الآلاَمِ تُجْرَى عَلَى إِخْوَتِكُمُ الَّذِينَ فِي الْعَالَمِ.

Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar, Alhamdulillah! Subhan 'allah!

Abdul25

Logical Believer
i don't know why some times people become so strict , i have a fb account and i use it only to connect with my family , i have skype to talk to my friends and family to pakistan..

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Facebook itself is not haraam, its how it is used. I have an account and I keep in touch with my family and friends that are far away. They also have very beneficial groups for dawah and articles, mashallah. Its at your OWN risk at how you use it.

This is the internet, nothing is "SAFE" per say. We are being watched as we speak and maybe some hidden spies on this site alone. My point is no website is "SAFE". Allahu alim.:hijabi:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asslamu alykum

No one is saying facebook is haram. some of the actions that are taken on there are haram but facebook itself is not being said is haram akhi. Either you misread or misunderstood. the videos are basically telling us to be CAREFUL. inshAllahu ta'ala take care.
wasalamu alaikum.

Latifabonu

Alhamdulillah
Alhamdulillah i don't have facebook my friends always telling me to use facebook taht its cool but im not using it and im not going to do that!!!

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
:D i use facebook too:eek: :lol:
:lol: facebook haram or not? Simply the matter is in ur own hands. The way you use it makes it either haram or halal. The guy in the video clearly stated that with the knife example!:D:D

:wasalam:
P.S DID get creeped out about the CIA thingy :eek::eek:! :lol: but whats it going to do with an info of an immature teen??? :lol:;)

Jzakallah fr sharing anyways:D

hana*

alhamdulilah i can proudly say that i do not have facebook nor do i believe i am missing out on anything.

i liked the tv analogy above.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
I have to agree that many things and especially does involving telecommunication technology is not in and of itself haraam; however, I once had a friend who convinced me that he was right in giving up chess and fishing for him they were "sinful" because of his competitive nature and the time and expense of fishing that could have been put to better use in preparing and doing Allah's Will. (Of course, this was when I was a Christian Pastor and he didn't say Allah's Will.) But, like all things, we either benefit and are beneficial or we harm and are harmed.

I don't judge. But, I do try to share what I am learning even if it is just to reinforce the subject in my own mind.

I do sincerely hope that I haven't offended or insulted anyone with this thread.
I just know that I made one wrong" accept friend request" and the next day my page was filled with haraam posts. I don't know if it was MySpace or Facebook. I canceled both.