"Noor on his face"

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
What does it mean to have "Noor" (light) on your face? Sorry for all these questions, and JazakAllahu Khair.

Noor to shine

Noor of your face

:salam2: brother

if we read the following verse in Quran...

4:174 O MANKIND! A manifestation of the truth has now come unto you from your Sustainer, and We have sent down unto you a clear light.

So the guidance of Allah swt is described as light .....Why ? because it lighten the hearts of people ...by Truth (opposite of ignorance) ..Truth about who is their creator, what is his noble perfect attribtes , how to live a pure decent life full of light and happiness....being close to Allah swt; (Allah is the light of heavens and earth.....)

More on the day of judgment Allah swt told about the believers:

57:12 on the Day when thou shalt see all believing men and believing women, with their light spreading rapidly before them and on their right, [and with this wel*!come awaiting them:] “A glad tiding for you today: gardens through which running waters flow, therein to abide! This, this is the triumph supreme!”

(I pray to Allah swt to make us among them)

I think light on your face is dervied from such high bright meanings ......when their is light of faith within then it will flow outside on faces....and Allah swt knows best.
:SMILY34: :SMILY34: :SMILY34: :SMILY34: :SMILY34: :SMILY34:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Sorry a bit confused...

So is this light visible to us (in this world) OR is this an after-life phenomenon (not sure I am offending anyone by the usage of this term, but I think you all know what I mean)?

Praise2Allah

Salam Alaikom. I think what ur reffering to bother is a saying. It literally means light coming out of his face. U know sometimes u see relegious people and masha Allah u just feel as if theyre very good and quickly enter your heart and know theyre rightouse people. This is what we mean be light coming out of his face.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Yep I understand but have never realy experienced it; although I would think it would have to do with the angle of light and so on (if this was a physical phenomenon)

I thought that there was some evidence that light physically comes out of people?

Jazakullah Khairun

Praise2Allah

no you just feel it and feel that the man has gotten sort of brighter. This is mostly seen when rightouse people die. Ive herd tons of stories from ppl I know who have had relatives experience this. Some also had a smell of musk coming out of there bodies ! Some, believe it or not, were smiling. Theres a video on youtube of the mujahideen in chechniya of a guy who when he died started smiling! If u want ill get it.
And the opposite is true insha Allah we wont be of them ameen that if a bad person dies his face darkens and you can also nottice it. Allahoma salim.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Noor on face? Only visible to those who themselves have some faith in their heart. It is rarely visible. The sign of this is that, the person who has Noor in his face, his talk will be very very influential for the heart of other person.

Those are the people that they follow what Allah wants them to.

"Khudee ko ker buland itnaa kay her taqdeer say pehlay
Khudaa banday say khud poochhay kay bataa tayree Raza kia hay."
(Urdu, by Iqbal)

When a person achieves such kind of piety of becoming a true momin, then only those acts happen to be performed from him what Allah wants, and only those things he says which Allah wants. And such kind of piety is not so cheap that you see the Noor on the face of every person in the current age of misery.

Wassalaam.

faiz_fauzi

Assalamualaikum!

From my opinion light from their faces is the light that when we look at them directly we will think of ALLAH.It is not the physical but deeply.For example when we look at the christian pope,or the movie star or other people the we admire we will assume that physically they are good looking,eye cathcing and we are happy to look at them.But the real meaning is the "light" from a religious person will make us remember ALLAH when we look at them.The light shining from their faces will trigger us to think of ALLAH and will make we look at ourself and compare.They will make we think how "low" our standard to ALLAH compare to them.And how ALLAH guide them to the straight path.And make us think that how beautiful was ALLAH creation.So basically the "light" from their faces will make ur remember ALLAH not how physically they look like.

JazakALLAHU KHAIR!

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Assalamualaikum!

From my opinion light from their faces is the light that when we look at them directly we will think of ALLAH.It is not the physical but deeply.For example when we look at the christian pope,or the movie star or other people the we admire we will assume that physically they are good looking,eye cathcing and we are happy to look at them.But the real meaning is the "light" from a religious person will make us remember ALLAH when we look at them.The light shining from their faces will trigger us to think of ALLAH and will make we look at ourself and compare.They will make we think how "low" our standard to ALLAH compare to them.And how ALLAH guide them to the straight path.And make us think that how beautiful was ALLAH creation.So basically the "light" from their faces will make ur remember ALLAH not how physically they look like.

JazakALLAHU KHAIR!

As I dared to mention, that the Noor on the face is not that material light but it is one form of light too. That light is not visible to everyone nor it is the light which can be defined by anyone. That Noor is not visible to everyone always, but sometimes a nonmuslim just looks at the a that face and gets stunned and then converts to Islam.

Again I would say, it does not make Noor to be a scientific light but some paranormal spiritual light. And at the same time Noor is that inspiration or feeling of reminder about Allah SWT too. Its something not definable, Because it is not scientifically explainable.

And please keep in mind that this think called Noor is not of that person but a kind of help or a gift of Allah to his most pious Mo'mins.

Once a person came with a sword to Prophet (SAW) with the intension of killing Him. But then he was so much inspired by just one sentence of Prophet (SAW) that he got full sweat on his body shaked a lot. He dropped his sword there.

Noor is not definable by beauty. And anyway I dont consider Christian Pope to be eye catching and attractive, Hehe. Its really funny that you think pope to be attractive and eye catching.

http://www.says-it.com/benedict/images/demo.jpg

Wassalaam.
VE

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
As the Brother Hussain Muhammad has posted this Hadith in another thread:

Anas (Radiallahu Anhu) reports: "Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither tall nor was he short. He was of medium stature). In complexion, he was neither very white like lime, nor very dark, nor brown which results in darkness (he was illuminant, more luminous than even the full-moon on the 14th night).The hair of Rasullullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) was neither very straight nor very curly (but slightly wavy). When he attained the age of forty, Allah the Almighty granted him nubuwwah (prophethood).He lived for ten years in Makkah and in Madina for ten years. At that time there were not more than twenty white hair on his mubarak (blessed) head and beard." (This will be described in detail in the chapter on white hair of Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam).

This clearly tells what does Noor mean when Companion of Prophet (SAW) says that the face of Prophet (SAW) was more illuminous than the full moon.
But this illumination was for the Companions of Prophet (SAW) and only for those for which Allah SWT wanted. Otherwise if Prophet (SAW)'s Mubarak Face would be illuninous in physical light sense then it would be paranormal to everyone, but we know that was not the case.

Wassalaam,
VE