"I arrived in Riyadh on a cold night..."

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Concerning the Imaam, the Shaykh - 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz (rahima-hullaah), ‘Abdullaah ibn Muhammad al-Mu’taaz narrates:

"Shaykh Muhammad Haamid who was the president of the group “As.haab al-Yameen” in Eritrea said:

“I arrived in Riyadh on a cold night, and did not have any (money) with which to pay for a hotel. So I thought about going to Shaykh ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn Baaz’s house; the time was 3 o’clock in the morning (and) I was hesitant, but (finally) decided to go (to the Shaykh’s house).

I arrived outside his old mud-style house and found someone asleep by the gate. Having awoken, he opened the gate for me and I conveyed my greetings to him ever so quietly so that no-one (else) hears me since it was so late at night.

After a short while, I saw the Shaykh himself descending from the stairs with a pot of food. He extended greetings to me and gave me the food, saying:

“I heard your voice and brought this food for you, assuming you had not eaten this night”.

By Allaah, I was unable to sleep (the rest of the night) due to weeping at such noble manners”.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 233
Reference:fatwaonline.com

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
"I arrived on the barakah land of the anbiya'a..."

...and feel the 'atmosphere' of the land once lived by the greatest man on earth.

I hope to reach there too someday. InshaAllaah.

Almaas

“I heard your voice and brought this food for you, assuming you had not eaten this night”.

By Allaah, I was unable to sleep (the rest of the night) due to weeping at such noble manners”.”

Mawaaqif madhee.ah fee hayaat al-Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz - Page 233
Reference:fatwaonline.com

Asalaamualaykum,

Aww, subhan'Allah what great qualities for a Muslim or anyone to have.

arzafar

For those who dont know 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz, in order to appreciate the full story you must realize that

In 1927, when he was sixteen, he started losing his eyesight after being afflicted with a serious infection in his eyes. By the time he was twenty, he had totally lost his sight and become blind.

May Allah bless his soul. Ameen!