for reverts only!(please!)

seekingtruth2

asalaamu alaikom,
when i reverted to islam I was looking for nothing....... I was not seeking out knowledge of other religions and i was v v v happy living as a christian...... no my life was not perfect or anything but I beleived in God and was teaching sunday school in the baptist church ( I had the teenagers) I was very active in my church and in my community as a whole. one night I was unable to sleep , I lay in bed for over 2 hours trying to fall asleep but could not so i finally just got up...... well it was the middle of the night and i had to be very quiet so I soon got bored. still not tired I got on my sons computer (this was only about the 3rd time in my life I had been on the internet!) bored and wanting someone to talk to (entertainment value not because i was talking about problems) I went into a chat room, once in the chat room i decided that the topic of conversation was not one I was willing to be a part of ( there was lots of swearing and cussing ect.) so i exited the room....... just miliseconds before the window closed someone imed me and was able to continue talking to me even though i was no longer in the chat room..... this person was a syrian muslim who was more than happy to get into a religious debate with me........... this was the start of what led me to Islam and the truth! lol...... one night that I could not go to sleep!!!!!!! Is this not the hand (so to speak) of Allah? Guiding me to the right path????? life is funny and can take some interesting turns............ but Allah guides whom he wills........
Fatima

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Walaykum Salaam
I reverted because I had been listening to the Qur'an for a long time, and I loved it. I joined because I thought this religion made sense.

However, over time, I began to see why I should stay a Muslim. The scientific miracles, the Qur'an, and everything. This is putting it shortly, though...

visionusman

being content
Walaykum Salaam
I reverted because I had been listening to the Qur'an for a long time, and I loved it. I joined because I thought this religion made sense.

However, over time, I began to see why I should stay a Muslim. The scientific miracles, the Qur'an, and everything. This is putting it shortly, though...
SubhanAllah! That is why Quran is the best form of Daawah. Umar RA also reverted after listening to the Quran.

kayleigh

I reverted mostly because before, as a Christian, I was always taught that when you prayed to God you had to feel some close connection with him. However, I never did. So I pretty much grew up thinking I was a failure - a horrible Christian, and that God must hate me or something was wrong with me because I couldn't feel what everyone else was. But after I started reading about Islam, I prayed and actually felt like there was a God and like he was actually listening.

Christianity seemed too easy to me. I was taught that once you accept Jesus as your savior, you ask his forgiveness if you ever sin and you're automatically forgiven - free to do it again and again. That didn't seem right at all. In Islam, God is fogiving and merciful, but there's no way for you to just sort of do whatever you want and still be "OK" in the end.

Also, the fact that there was absolutely no guarantee the Bible was accurate at all was a huge turn off, and I liked that the Qur'an we read today is the same it was hundreds of years ago when it was written.

To me, Islam is everything I liked about Christianity, and everything I wished that Christianity was. There's nothing that "just doesn't add up" in Islam like there is in Christianity. I saw a video of a talk with Yusuf Estes, and he said something like, "When I converted, I felt like I became a better Christian because I was following the religion of Jesus." That pretty much sums it up.

Umm3mar

Salamo Aleikom

After reading the Autobiography of Malcolm X, I saw the stages of his life from a thief, drug dealer, etc. then elevate his status in his community to being a respected individual, a respected community leader and THEN showing him the light of true Islam. I figured "If Allah can do so much to this man's life, (in consideration of my former life) what do I have to lose?

A week after reading Eng. translation of Qur'an, I felt a strong urge, more like a desperation to learn more, and reverted.