Why does evil happen?

irah007

I was molested by my colleague who is a 40 year old Muslim who has a pregnant wife and 2 children. I'm now trying to look for a new job before quitting this one. But now I still see his face everyday and I hate his guts, with all the rushing to do his prayers and saying Alhamdulillah so loudly whenver he sneezes, and all other things he do now I see as fake and as just an act. If it were the time of Prophet Muhammad SAW, he would be dead by now. I hate him and curse him in my heart everytime I see him, but then I will be in the wrong for cursing him. But it's so hard not to hate him.

I can't focus on my work these days cos of him and cos of the hate. I don't understand why Allah created such a guy like him. How can I ever forgive him

muharram23

Staff member
I was molested by my colleague who is a 40 year old Muslim who has a pregnant wife and 2 children. I'm now trying to look for a new job before quitting this one. But now I still see his face everyday and I hate his guts, with all the rushing to do his prayers and saying Alhamdulillah so loudly whenver he sneezes, and all other things he do now I see as fake and as just an act. If it were the time of Prophet Muhammad SAW, he would be dead by now. I hate him and curse him in my heart everytime I see him, but then I will be in the wrong for cursing him. But it's so hard not to hate him.

I can't focus on my work these days cos of him and cos of the hate. I don't understand why Allah created such a guy like him. How can I ever forgive him

Did u report to the authorities?

irah007

I told my boss, I reported to the police. That guy is still working here, because the boss lacks manpower and tells me to forgive and forget, and for the police, whenever I call back to the police for updates, they say they are still investigating...the authorities are not doing much to help, that's why I'm so exasperated

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

Allah do not create pure evil. so we cant blame Allah for the misfortunes and sufferings. we must also remember that He is All-Knowing and All-Wise. had this life be like Paradise, none of us will like to go back.

secondly, yes its not easy to forget and forgive a person like him. but know that there are ppl worse than him in this life. dont waste ur life over thinking about him. as you told that police or employer is not taking any action, try to keep patience.

make Dua to Allah to guide him towards piety, help you to overcome this trauma and get you a better place to work.

it is Allah Whose refuge we seek from all the evilness.

arzafar

wth?
why dont you file a case in the court?
today it was you, tomoro it may be somebody else. Criminals are supposed to be punished so that evil doesnt happen again!!!

irah007

What I hate the most is that he is a Muslim like me and yet he does this kind of thing.

@ arzafar, I would file a case in the court if I have the money to. Now I'm just hoping the police attorney would hurry up and dispose of him.

@ ahmed_indian, you are probably right and I shouldn't waste my life thinking about him. Thanks for the reminder. I think there is no point in being depressed either.

katieanneb

Salem Irah,
I was absolutely irrated when I read your post......I detest people like this who show off to others pretending they're so pious yet doing such disgusting things!!!!! And i feel sorry for his wife, who probably trusts him.
All I can say my dear sister is that, although I cannot say I know how you feel, cos it wasn't me who went through this ordeal, I feel your pain and hurt. What hurts you, hurts me.....You may not be able to get justice in this life (although I hope you do!!!!!), but don't forget Allah sees everything and will give you justice in the next life, by His grace.
The only problem in cases like this, is that when you make a complaint, everyone hears what happened to you, and some people are ignorant and blame the woman for anything that happens. Just be prepared for remarks.
Look after yourself, eat well and try to get enough sleep and do things to increase your faith. It will keep you going through this trauma.
I wish you all the best my sister, time will heal your wound. May Allah keep you strong.
As to why these things happen, each of us has a good and evil side, and sometimes the evil side takes over, and bad things happen. Just make sure you don't go down to his level, and always keep your dignity.
Your sister in Islam:angryred:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Salam alaikum Sister,

I'm so sorry you went through this and I know how traumatizing it can be especially when you have to look at his disgusting face every day. Be comforted by the fact that this man is CLEARLY a munafiq and munafiqoon have the WORST abode in Jahannam. Unless he repents to Allah as well as asks YOU for forgiveness, you can rest assured that he WILL pay for this. My duas are with you and I hope Allah helps you find peace and solace inshAllah.

If you don't mind my asking, do you live in New York?

muharram23

Staff member
I told my boss, I reported to the police. That guy is still working here, because the boss lacks manpower and tells me to forgive and forget, and for the police, whenever I call back to the police for updates, they say they are still investigating...the authorities are not doing much to help, that's why I'm so exasperated

Salamu alaykum

sister did u tell ur families? Don't let this guy escape as he deserves to be punished. Now I'm not sure how far he went with his crime towarda u but u should not let go and should get him punished. Ask Allah azawajal to help u in this manner and we ask Allah to help you in ur case ameen

oh and ask ur boss if he would forgive him if it was his daughter/wife/mother?

wassalam

irah007

Thank you for all your replies. I'm really glad you understand me because my boss don't understand my feelings at all. My faith always gets weaker at these times, that's why I appreciate all your support and advice.

I did tell my family and they had different opinions about it, which makes me so lost. I have been praying and praying and I do feel calmer, but at times I think Allah is testing my patience.

You know I always see this happening to others and I never thought it would happen to me... But I just pray Allah sends his justice and we know Allah is the best of judges.

Thank you for your understanding my brothers and sisters. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

(@ ShahnazZ, I'm actually from Singapore:))

a_stranger

:salam2:
Dear sister : if we study Islam which Allah sobhanahu wa taala told us to follow we find a very powerfull means to prevent such dirty acts.......Allah told us to lower gaze . not to mix with oppossit gender , not to speak in atender voise (for women) , to wear higab , to fear Allah..........etc. when we disobey Allah everything is ruined our whole life ..........but AlhamduliAllah you are not the sinner .......one day we will be judged by the absolute justice of Allah ......all the wrongdoers will get what they deserve and the victums will not be wronged ...may Allah reward you for your patient , and give you peace and calm . :SMILY259:

Kakorot

:wasalam:

May Allaah give you sabr sister, it must be hard. Just remember that Allaah tests those whom He loves. I know people who have been molested before, it's not a nice situation to be in at all...That man should be hanged. Fortunate for him, he's not living in a time where there is an Islamic State. May Allaah give him what he deserves.

I was reading something about tests and hardships. I want you to read the following sister and I hope it is beneficial to you InshaAllaah:

How is it that Allah can test those who are beloved to Him?

In his explanation of ‘Kitab at-Tawhid,’ Sulayman bin ‘Abdillah bin Muhammad bin ‘Abd al-Wahhab mentioned the hadith of the Prophet:

“If Allah Loves a people, He tests them.”

This hadith is hasan, and was reported by at-Tirmidhi (4/2396). It is also included in ‘Sahih al-Jami” (275).

After explaining some aspects of the hadith, Shaykh Sulayman asked the question: how is it that Allah can test those who are beloved to Him?

Summarizing the words of Ibn Taymiyyah, he answered:

“…because this forces the servant to repent.

Allah tests the servants with the punishments of this world in order that they repent from their sins, as He Said: {“…that He may make them taste a bit of that which they have done, in order that they may return.”} [ar-Rum; 41] So, for whoever is granted the chance to repent by Allah as the result of an act of disobedience, this is from the greatest of blessings of Allah upon him, because this will result in his invoking and supplicating to Allah with submission and humility. Because of this, Allah has condemned those who do not lean on their Lord, and do not invoke Him when crisis occurs: {“And indeed, We seized them with punishment. But, they did not humble themselves to their Lord, nor did they invoke Him with submission.”} [al-Mu'minun; 76] And supplicating and invoking Allah with humility is from the greatest of blessings, and this blessing is from the greatest paths by which one can rectify his religious practice, as the rectification of one’s religious practice is in his worshipping Allah, alone, depending on Him, and not calling upon any deity besides Him – not a du’a’ of worship, nor a du’a’ of request.

So, if you are granted the chance to perform repentance, which entails worshipping Allah, alone, and you obey His Messengers by doing that which you are commanded, and abandoning that from which you are forbidden, you are from those who worship Allah. And if you are granted the chance to supplicate to Allah – which is to ask Allah for whatever you need, and you ask Him for what will benefit you, and you seek refuge with Him from anything that would harm you – this is from the greatest of Allah’s blessings upon you.

This is usually what happens when a disaster strikes, and if such blessings emerge when crisis strikes, it would only make sense that the people most deserving of this are those who are beloved to Him, and it is upon such people to thank Allah.”

['Taysir al-'Aziz al-Hamid'; p. 353-355]

http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/200...-allah-can-test-those-who-are-beloved-to-him/

:salam2: Maybe Allah does not want the punishment given to him in this world cause the punishment he will recieve on jugdement day will be so scary that he will wish he recieved the punishment on earth. May Allah make it easy for you to go through this my sister. That guy is in double trouble cause 1st thing he is a hypocrate and 2nd he is guilty of the worst thing.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Sister irah,

I am sorry to hear of your ordeal and, Insha Allah, you will draw closer to Allah as a result. Please remember:

That man is not a Muslim like you. He is a hypocrite. A Muslim as you know is not someone who has recited shahada. A Muslim is someone who has submitted to Allah and strives for peace through love.

I am a new revert. I was surprised to learn that there are no converts in Islam. The reason is that at the moment of birth, all humans are in submission to Allah and therefore Muslim. They are raised to be Atheists, Agnostics, Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Jews, etc. But, that is the result of their family, nation, friends, etc.

Remember, Allah is The Most Just.

Al-Baqara
And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not. (30)

Saba
And Satan indeed found his calculation true concerning them, for they follow him, all save a group of true believers.

An-Nahl
His power is only over those who make a friend of him, and those who ascribe partners unto Him (Allah). (100)

Al-Isra
And excite any of them whom thou canst with thy voice, and urge thy horse and foot against them, and be a partner in their wealth and children, and promise them. Satan promiseth them only to deceive. (64)

Al-Mujadila
The devil hath engrossed them and so hath caused them to forget remembrance of Allah. They are the devil's party. Lo! is it not the devil's party who will be the losers? (19)

Al-Munafiqoon
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
When the hypocrites come unto thee (O Muhammad), they say: We bear witness that thou art indeed Allah's messenger. And Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites indeed are speaking falsely. (1) They make their faith a pretext so that they may turn (men) from the way of Allah. Verily evil is that which they are wont to do, (2) That is because they believed, then disbelieved, therefore their hearts are sealed so that they understand not. (3) And when thou seest them their figures please thee; and if they speak thou givest ear unto their speech. (They are) as though they were blocks of wood in striped cloaks. They deem every shout to be against them. They are the enemy, so beware of them. Allah confound them! How they are perverted! (4) And when it is said unto them: Come! The messenger of Allah will ask forgiveness for you! they avert their heads and thou seest them turning away, disdainful. (5) Whether thou ask forgiveness for them or ask not forgiveness for them; Allah will not forgive them. Lo! Allah guideth not the evil-living folk. (6) They it is who say: Spend not on behalf of those (who dwell) with Allah's messenger that they may disperse (and go away from you); when Allah's are the treasures of the heavens and the earth; but the hypocrites comprehend not. (7) They say: Surely, if we return to Al-Madinah the mightier will soon drive out the weaker; when might belongeth to Allah and to His messenger and to the believers; but the hypocrites know not. (8) O ye who believe! Let not your wealth nor your children distract you from remembrance of Allah. Those who do so, they are the losers. (9) And spend of that wherewith We have provided you before death cometh unto one of you and he saith: My Lord! If only thou wouldst reprieve me for a little while, then I would give alms and be among the righteous. (10) But Allah reprieveth no soul when its term cometh, and Allah is Aware of what ye do. (11)

It is hard to forgive someone who has harmed and injured you. It is much harder to forgive someone who has killed, harmed, or injured someone you love. I will remember you in Du'a. I will ask that you don't allow this pig to drag you into the mud. I know that is a hard thing to hear.

In The United States, I would tell you to get a lawyer and pursue both a civil and criminal course against this man and the company for which you worked because here he would be an agent of that company and the company is accountable for his actions. With a lawyer, the police would be more likely to pursue the investigation. However, I am unfamiliar with the laws of your country.

You reported the crime. You resisted his attack on you either verbally or physically. And, even if you didn't yell or fight, you didn't give him permission to touch you.

I hope you are able to recover from this trauma, Insha Allah, and not suffer post traumatic stress. Seek refuge in Allah.