Dead Baby Found At Masjid

Almaas

Assalaamualaykum,

This is so sad, at least the baby will be in Jannah InshAllah, will never understand how someone could do this...

Police 'took time examining baby' at Stoke mosque
A member of a mosque in Stoke-on-Trent where a newborn boy was left in a bag has claimed 45 minutes elapsed before police physically examined the child.

Staffordshire Police originally said that a baby's body had been found outside Makki Masjid mosque in Shelton at about 1030 GMT on Saturday.

The force later said the boy had been alive but died later in hospital.

Worshipper Navid Hussain said police had "assumed" the baby was dead. Staffordshire Police would not comment.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said the case had been referred to it by Staffordshire Police.

A spokeswoman for the commission said it was looking into the initial police assessment of the scene to "determine our [police] level of involvement".

'Please bury him'

Mr Hussain, 41, from Shelton, said a religious teacher arriving for a class at 1000 GMT had found a suspicious package on the steps of the mosque in Beresford Street and had called a mosque trustee, Mohammed Akhbar, who in turn called police.

Officers later discovered the package was actually a baby placed inside a newsagent's carrier bag. The newborn was believed to be premature, between 36 and 38 weeks, and had a Staffordshire Newsletter newspaper wrapped around him.

He was also wrapped in some white cloth and a T-shirt with two £10 notes tucked inside and a note that read "please help bury him. Shukran".

Shukran is the Arabic word for thank you, police said.

Mr Akhbar said when police responded to his call they began by cordoning off the street.

"We'd been standing here about 45 minutes to an hour and there was no movement or anything, so we assumed it was dead," he added.

The boy was taken to University Hospital of North Staffordshire at about 1130 GMT.

"Sadly at 1230 [GMT], despite the efforts of the medical team, the baby died," Staffordshire Police said on Saturday.

'Sad time'

The death is being treated as unexplained.

Mr Hussain said he was angry that more effort had not been made to medically examine the child sooner.

"They just took it as fact that he was dead," he said.

"Nobody pulled back the cloth from the face of the baby for about 45 minutes. They didn't call an ambulance or a coroner or anyone to check. They were too busy closing off the road and asking people if they had seen anything."

Rachel Cerfontyne, from the IPCC, said: "It is important that the IPCC independently investigates the initial response by Staffordshire Police to ascertain the actions taken by police to ensure that all correct procedures were followed.

"At this sad time however it is also important to underline that Staffordshire Police will continue to investigate the death and to attempt to trace the baby's mother, which is of primary importance".

Det Ch Insp Phil Bladen, from Staffordshire Police, said: "The focus of our investigation is to find and help the mother of the baby, who may need medical treatment and support.

"It is likely she is in a distressed state and I urge her to come forward so we can support her."

A post-mortem examination is due to be carried out on Monday morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/8554133.stm

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Sadly, its the same news here too in Malaysia. About a few weeks back, there were news of babies being abandoned cruelly and even burned at 4 different states around the country. So for that one week, the news were mainly about how teenagers left their illegitimate child usually shortly after giving birth. This actually indicates how the social problems are getting worse. We're being like the Time of Jahiliya' again.

Nau'zubillahi min zalik.

Alex87

UmmJamal
Sadly, its the same news here too in Malaysia. About a few weeks back, there were news of babies being abandoned cruelly and even burned at 4 different states around the country. So for that one week, the news were mainly about how teenagers left their illegitimate child usually shortly after giving birth. This actually indicates how the social problems are getting worse. We're being like the Time of Jahiliya' again.

Nau'zubillahi min zalik.

its as much as a social problem as it is a religious one. people feel that if they have an illegitimate child their life and families reputation is destroyed.
so they prefer to commit murder. i think the community around the parents is a problem too. i know that i stopped going to friday night lectures because i couldnt hear myself think let alone hear the imam speak over the sound of women gossiping

Sakeena

Why..how could someone leave a baby?? I don't understand... make me wanna cry. :SMILY23: Subhanallah, that's so sad...that baby deserved to be loved despite the mother's situation. The baby was NOT illegitimate. It was a beautiful cute baby that needed love and care...this breaks my heart...subhanallah...

The parent/guardian could have given the bab up for adoption or left the baby in the care of a family member or just make the best of the new life they brought into the world and take good care of him/her. You can't return them. Subhanallah... :(

Baby is with Lord Allah swt :tti_sister:

malinkundang

And there was one news as far as i can remember that happened last year here in malaysia. A baby was left in a drain and a bunch of crows eat him. I was just like want to cry when i watch that. how can a mother be like that...she is the one who should take care her baby. I pray to Allah to keep us away from doing that. Subhanallah..

Anbar

Assalamu' alaykum
17.31 And do not kill your children for fear of poverty; We give them sustenance and yourselves (too); surely to kill them is a great wrong
after reading the Qu'ran we can't mix children killing with religion at least within the muslim faith. To get married and to get divorced it's allowed by the Qu'ran clearly since more than 1400 years ago. Even on last century the divorce wasn't allowed in some european countries. Under pressure from the civil society became poossible to divorce and all this for to have what the muslims already had without being looked as progressionists. It's generally acepted the children deserve to born within a family. But the conception became a banality and the links between people are very weak here. Subhanullah :tti_sister:
it's comforting to see you interest by an unhappy baby