talk or no talk?????

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: wa rahnatullahi wa barakatuhu brothers and sisters

hope everybody is in good health and imaan.

i got a question regarding talkin in a bathroom....i've heard we shouldn't do that while taking a bath or when not dressed properly.......otherwise the angels curse us but what about certain situations e.g my sister or mom asks to check if their clip,shampoo,moisturiser is in the cupboard etc.....or where did i put the keys what then??will they curse me if i answer the person

jazakallah khaira in advance

:wasalam: wa rahnatullahi wa barakatuhu brothers and sisters

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alai kum

I'm not sure where you got the idea that talking in the bathroom or toilet would mean that Angles curse you. You need to be be aware of the following with regards to using the toilet or bathroom.

The jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the adhkaar (prayers) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered the toilet, he would say, ‘Allaahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-khubuthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female).’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 142; and Muslim, 375). Al-Khattaabi explained that khubuth is the plural of khabeeth (evil or dirty – masculine form), and khabaa’ith is the plural of khabeethah (evil or dirty – feminine form), and that what is meant is male and female shayaateen.

One should not greet a person who is answering the call of nature, or return a greeting whilst one is answering the call of nature, out of respect to Allaah by not mentioning His name in a dirty place. [Translator’s note: the Islamic greeting is “al-salaam ‘alaykum (peace be upon you)”; one of the names of Allaah is al-Salaam (the Peace)]. Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah reported that a man passed by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) whilst he was urinating, and greeted him. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “If you see me in this state, do not greet me, because if you do, I will not respond.” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, 346; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 575). The majority of scholars say that it is makrooh (disliked) to speak in the restroom unnecessarily.

Salam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Peace2u........

i heard that the angels,known for their haya stay out of the toilet when one enters it.they are disturbed,angered or embarrased.........whatever one calls it.........when they enter the bathroom when we speak...they curse us...erm "lanat" it says in urdu...

i want to know if same applies for situations where you got to speak...........i mean parents get pretty angry when they are*ignored*

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wr wb,

I agree with the sister i had read this somewhere too in a urdu book some religious book and i really annoy my parents cuz i dont say a word in the toilet lol but sister good Question honestly i have come across any hadith other than what i read there but not sure it was hadith and it said exactly same thing that angel curse on the person who speaks in the toilet .

Sister thx for asking

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
cough is good but supposing you got to say "it's here"...."the green catcher is broken".........."or the key are in the etc etc.........."

and is there a reference to this ???

daywalker

:lol:cough is good but supposing you got to say "it's here"...."the green catcher is broken".........."or the key are in the ****behind the ***** etc etc.........."
When you *cough* they get aware that you are in toilet and they may wait, and if its that much necessary, by saying where is the key or glass, you arent killing anyone, its Islamic etiquette conduct, isnt a big issue.

Um Abdur Rahman

Sclava lui Allaah
As'salamu aalikom
sheikh Assim l Hakeem also said that What you have heard is wrong. It is completely permissible to talk while talking a bath or being undressed. .

What is not permissible is to talk while answering the call of nature. And even then, if there is a necessity, one can reply.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

its only discouraged. so why will angels curse you? those who say this, should bring proofs frm Quran or authentic hadiths.

there is one hadith:

No two men should go out to answer the call of nature with their private parts (or other parts of the body which should not to be seen by others) exposed and talking to each other, for Allah abhors that.
[Narrated by Abu Dawood ]

Etiquetttes of bathroom

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

jazakallah khiara brother daywalker
brother shaheerpak
sis imaan99
and brother ahmed_indian
for your answers and time......

may ALLAH bless you all.ameen

fada_all