Why your name?

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu Alaikum, mine is what it is because I was and still am passionate about Palestine and their struggle. and many here mistake me for being Palestinian but I'm not, i'm simply advocating for my brothers and sisters across the world, as well as my own Somalia. take care, Wasalamu alaikum.

believers_path

well mine is simple,,

first it came to my mind that b4 a muslimah i m a believer, then i thought that i m on the path of those who believe ,so i chose Believers_Path:biggrin:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

The reason I used my actual name is because I wanted to make a public declaration of my belief in ʾašhadu ʾan laa ilāha illa (A)llāh, wa ʾašhadu ʾanna Muḥammada(n) rasūlo (A)llāh. At the time, I wasn't sure if there was still an Islamic Masjid or Islamic Center within traveling distance of my home.

aisha16

i picked mine because i used to and still love the name Aisha, its so beautiful, and 16 ?
i used to be 14 when i was on her first but now im 16 lol

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Well its my real name. A'isyah. عائشة. And it is spell with a "y", not a "h". I guess because here at my place, its commonly spell with "y" instead of "h" such as "MasyaAllah", "InsyaAllah". But still the meaning is the the same and so is the arabic spelling.

As for the "humaira/humairah", حميرة its the "nickname" Prophet Muhammad :saw2: used to call Ummu Al-Mukmineen Ai'shah radiyallahu anha which means "the reddish" because what I remembered from my reading, Ai'shah has a fair complexion and her cheeks sometimes becomes red.

However, according to the correct arabic grammar, I should have add an 'al-" in front of Humaira.

katieanneb

Assalemu alaikom,

Well, what can I say? This is simply the user name I have for all internet sites I log on to. It's derived from the names my parents gave me at birth (I have a first and two middle names), plus the first letter of my surname. My parents still call me Katie (short for Catherine), but Muslim friends and family here in Tunisia know me as Aisha. I just have to use my original name for official purposes and I prefer to use a user name on the internet for privacy.
By the way, the name Catherine comes from Greek, and means pure, so it's not so bad really.

Wa salem.

Idris16

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I couldnt be bothered thinking up a fancy user name. i guess i was too keen to log on as a user period.

So hana is your actual name, or just random? Actually 'hana' means flower in Japanese...

As for me, my username is actually my middle name. I didn't want to use my first name, but I still wanted my muslim identity, so....

And the '07' bit. I use 7 for lots of things, because my birthday is 07/07.