Do not forget to pray salat Duha everyday

abou khaled

Do not forget to pray salat Duha everyday

Salam aleikoum

Permission to pray Duha from the time the sun is high until noon. It is best to pray it when it is very hot and well into mid-morning

1143. Zayd ibn Arqam said that he saw some people praying at the beginning of the time of Duha. He said, "Do they not know that the prayer at a later time is better? The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'The prayer of the repenters is when the young camels have become hot from the sun.'" [Muslim]

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

1139. Abu Hurayra said, "My friend, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, ordered me to do three things: to fast three days every month, to do the two rak'ats of Duha and to do the witr before sleeping." [Agreed upon]

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

1140. Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Sadaqa is owed by every joint you have. Every glorification is sadaqa. Every praise is sadaqa. Commanding the right is sadaqa. Forbidding the wrong is sadaqa. Praying two rak'ats in the forenoon (Duha) covers all these." [Muslim]

HIBBA2009

Daughter of Adam
Asalamalikum wah rahmatullah wah bahrakatu brother

jazakallah khair for reminding us

May Allah bless u

Walikumsalam wah rahmahtullah wah bahrakatu

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

Baraka Allah fikoum

1142. Umm Hani' Fakhita bint Abi Talib said, "I went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in the year of the Conquest of Makka and found him washing. When he finished washing, he prayed eight rak'ats. That was in the time of Duha." [Agreed upon]

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

One of the best students here once told that his secret of success in studies was that he always perform his Dhuha prayer. MashaAllaah.

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

Baraka Allah fik

Permission to pray Duha from the time the sun is high until noon. It is best to pray it when it is very hot and well into mid-morning

1141. 'A'isha said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to pray four rak'ats for Duha and would do any number more that Allah wished." [Muslim]

ummsami89

salat duha

So, for the layman,, what time is that on the clock? around 11 am or so? or anytime before Dhohur?:tti_sister:

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
So, for the layman,, what time is that on the clock? around 11 am or so? or anytime before Dhohur?:tti_sister:
Assalamu alaikum , I believe teh brother (or sister) is speaking about dhohur aka zohur..
Anyways correct me if I am wrong, many people spell zohr (dhuhr) very different.
barakala Feek
takabalAllah all brothers and sisters, wa salamu alaykum.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

The time of Duha prayer
What is the proper time to pray "Israk" & "Chast" Prayer?.​

Praise be to Allaah.

Ishraaq (“ishrak”) prayer is Duha (“chast”) prayer offered at the beginning of its time. These are not two different prayers. It is called Ishraaq because it is done immediately after sunrise (shurooq) when the sun has risen to a certain height.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz said:

Ishraaq prayer is Duha prayer done at the beginning of its time.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 11/401

The time of Duha prayer is from the time when the sun has risen to a certain height, until just before the time for Zuhr prayer.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen defined it as being from a quarter of an hour after the sun has risen until ten minutes before Zuhr prayer.

Al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 4/122

So all of this period is the time for Duha prayer.

It is better to pray it after the sun’s heat has become intense, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is preferable to offer Duha prayer when the sun’s heat has become so intense that even the young of the camels feel it.”

Narrated by Muslim, 748

Ibn Baaz: Majmoo’ Fataawa, 11/395

The scholars defined this as being when one quarter of the day has passed, i.e., halfway between sunrise and Zuhr prayer.

See al-Majmoo’ by al-Nawawi, 4/36; al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 27/224 .

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/22389/duha

Assalamu alaikum , I believe teh brother (or sister) is speaking about dhohur aka zohur..
Anyways correct me if I am wrong, many people spell zohr (dhuhr) very different.
barakala Feek
takabalAllah all brothers and sisters, wa salamu alaykum.

No, Dhuhur is different from the Duha prayer.

Wassalam.

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

1139. Abu Hurayra said, "My friend, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, ordered me to do three things: to fast three days every month, to do the two rak'ats of Duha and to do the witr before sleeping." [Agreed upon]

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

1143. Zayd ibn Arqam said that he saw some people praying at the beginning of the time of Duha. He said, "Do they not know that the prayer at a later time is better? The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'The prayer of the repenters is when the young camels have become hot from the sun.'" [Muslim]

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
brother when its time begaain right after dawn or bit after that i have been looking for that but couldent find dat uptill nnow? jasak Allah for reminder

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Insha'Allah there will more of us doing that which is correct. May Allah shower you with His Blessings for helping us do right.

abou khaled

Salam aleikoum

1140. Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Sadaqa is owed by every joint you have. Every glorification is sadaqa. Every praise is sadaqa. Commanding the right is sadaqa. Forbidding the wrong is sadaqa. Praying two rak'ats in the forenoon (Duha) covers all these." [Muslim]