Tariqa Casnazaniyyah.

Peace92

Revert to Islam
:salam2:

As a revert to Islam, i study a lot in my spare time about the different sects and how they came about.
Recently, somebody gifted a book to me named Jila' al-khatir. (Purification of the mind. Discourses by shaikh 'Abd al-Qadir al Gaylani. Edited by shaikh Muhammed al Casnazani al Husseini) I have read that shaikh 'Abd al-Qadir al Gaylani is a great sufi master.

The appendix is the "Tariqa 'Aliyyah Qadiriyyah Casnazaniyyah". Mentioned are some Adhkaar after the dawn prayer, after the noon prayer ETC. This all seems fine so far to me but the line that confuses me the most is "The first and second dhikars should be accompanied with the casnazani movement of striking the rock of the heart with the hammer of dhikr" I dont actually understand this and it seems as though it is wrong. Allah knows best.

Please if somebody could let me know if this book is legitimate. God bless.

Thank you to all.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Dear sister, I'm revert too. My advise is do not go into tariqa or tariqat (as it was known in my country) yet. Let have clear understanding about Islam first, strengthen our imaan, good knowledge about shariah law, Qur'an and al-Hadith etc. Tariqat means method or my sheikh give simple defination: Tasawwuf (sufism) is like a big highway and tariqat is the many lanes in that highway. There are tariqat group that authentic and there are deviated groups. The leader of the tariqat often addressed as "mursyid" and the followers are known as "salik". I did attended the tariqat once but I feel not ready for it yet.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I would second the advice of bro Hard rock Moslem. It is better to stay out of sufism. Seems like more harm than good.

We already have so many Dhikrs from the Sunnah of the prophet (pbuh) that we can recite so Alhumdulillah we need not get into things that we don't know about.

Also, we should try to learn more about Aqeedah from Ahl Al sunnah wal jama'ah scholars and that will help us understand deviation easily Insha'Allah tallah.

:wasalam:

Peace92

Revert to Islam
Salam

I'm indeed very sorry for not replying to you brothers.

Ok, I shall take your advice into consideration.

Thank you.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I have read that shaikh 'Abd al-Qadir al Gaylani is a great sufi master.

Thats not completely true even I was under the same impression but he was a noteble Scholar his followers made his name to be Sufi

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir (may Allaah have mercy on him) is one of the imaams of Islam. He attained a position of leadership over the Muslims of his time, in knowledge, good deeds, issuing fatwas and other aspects of religion. He was one of the greatest shaykhs of his time, enjoining adherence to the sharee’ah, enjoining what is good, forbidding what is evil, and giving that precedence over all else. He was an ascetic (zaahid) and a preacher, in whose gatherings many people repented. Allaah caused him to be well-liked by people and his virtue became widely-known – may Allaah bestow abundant mercy upon him.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir was a follower, not an innovator. He followed the way of the righteous salaf and in his books he encouraged people to follow the salaf; he also enjoined that upon his followers. He used to tell people not to follow innovations in religion, and he stated clearly that he was opposed to the ahl al-kalaam (“Islamic philosophers”) such as the Ash’aris and their ilk.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir agreed with Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah – the followers of truth – concerning all issues of ‘aqeedah (belief), namely Tawheed, faith, Prophethood, and the Last Day.

There are some minor mistakes and errors in his books, and some innovations which are relatively insignificant when compared with his achievements. To find out more about them, along with an explanation of where he went wrong, please see Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir al-Jilaani wa Araa’uhu al-I’tidaaqiyyah wa’l-Soofiyyah, by Shaykh Dr. Sa’eed ibn Musfir al-Qahtaani, 440-476.

Moreover, it is not right to make one Muslim scholar, let alone anyone else, the sole source of what is true and correct, in the sense that one takes what he says as being true and what goes against that as being false – not Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir and not anyone else. Rather the truth is that which is in accordance with the Qur’aan and Sunnah, no matter who says it, and what goes against the Qur’aan and Sunnah should be ignored and avoided, even if it is said by ‘Abd al-Qaadir al-Jilaani, Maalik, al-Shaafa’i, Ahmad or anyone else.

There is a point which we must make here, which is that praising Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir does not mean praising everyone who claims to follow him. Not everyone who claims to follow a shaykh or a tareeqah or anything else is to be believed. How often has it happened that a person who is thought to be a true follower turned out to be the farthest removed from what was thought to be the case? How many misleading people don the cloak of asceticism and piety when they have nothing to do with either of them? Hence the Sufi tareeqah which is known nowadays as the Qaadiriyyah is not following the straight path which the Shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) followed, rather it is a deviant Sufi tareeqah which has deviated from the guidance of the Qur’aan and Sunnah; it exaggerates a great deal about Shaykh ‘Abd al-Qaadir and even attributes to him things that can only rightfully be attributed to Allaah. Some of them exaggerate concerning his grave, seeking help from it, and some of them exaggerate about his attributes and miracles (karaamah)
Taken from islamqa