Darwin's Theory

Annie

Salam to all the brothers and sisters

A couple of days ago... in school the biology class were having a discussion on the the evolutionary theory (darwin's theory)

And what was suggested is that the evolutionary theory is proved and is not a theory.

Therefore, I am confused :S I know ALLAH created the world but is there proof that the evolutionary does not exist!

Please get back to me thank you!

unitedmuslim_73

Just see the last sermon of our beloved prophet....

Science is more or less a platform where Kaffir tried to fool weak muslims on their faith

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
we had this kind of discussion too........evalution seems to have occured but whethter to the extent Darwin has suggested is not evident......
the evidence we get from fossil record,molecular biology,biogeography etc.shows the existence and to some extent proves evaloution..
we as muslim donot believe in complete evolution theory coz it goes in contradiction to the fact that we are children of Adam(allahisalam)not apes......

sorry if i don't make sense....but i'm well over two hours of my kaufiooo get to you later inshallah:)
May ALLAH give us all hidaya' and his mercy.ameen

:wasalam:

hana*

Darwins theory still remains a theroy and is not a fact- it has numerous discrepancies and flaws in it. many scientists are actually believers in God.

I reccomend that you read the book 'evolution deceit' by Harun Yahya which is very powerful and provides clear-cut evidence.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I don't remember exactly but I did a couple of articles where scientist had refuted Darwins theory .... sadly they didn't get famous...

I never trust science.. even if they make humans I still say ALLAH AKBAR

hana*

we had this kind of discussion too........evalution seems to have occured but whethter to the extent Darwin has suggested is not evident......
the evidence we get from fossil record,molecular biology,biogeography etc.shows the existence and to some extent proves evaloution..
we as muslim donot believe in complete evolution theory coz it goes in contradiction to the fact that we are children of Adam(allahisalam)not apes......

sorry if i don't make sense....but i'm well over two hours of my kaufiooo get to you later inshallah:)
May ALLAH give us all hidaya' and his mercy.ameen

:wasalam:

fossil records have yet to prove evolution. to date there are no 'transitional forms' thus no evolution.

evolution believes that fish transformed over time to birds, however there are no half fish half birds in the fossils. furthermore, evolution states that everything in existance came about by random atoms colliding together to form amino acids and then these amino acids correctly arranged them selves with no errors or deviances in sequence bases to form protiens and so on.... if you look at it mathematically, the chances of this happening are ZERO. this HAS been proven by mathmeticians. thus mathmeticians have disproven evolution.

adanshai

Darwin's theory has long been refuted -

You need to watch some videoes and lectures by Dr.Zakir Naik (PeaceTv)
and Harun Yahya http://www.harunyahya.com/refuted1.php

It is authentically reported from the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)in the Two Sahih (authentic) Books of Hadith (i.e. Al-Bukhari and Muslim)that he (peace be upon him) said: “Allah created Adam in His own image.” In a narration by Ahmad and some scholars of Hadith, the same Hadith reads: “in the image of Al-Rahman (the Most Merciful)”. In the first Hadith, the pronoun refers to Allah.

Some scholars like Ahmad (may Allah be merciful with him), Ishaq ibn Rahawayh and the Imams of the Salaf (righteous predecessors) said: “We have to accept the Hadith in a way befitting Allah without Tashbih (comparison), Tamthil (likening Allah’s Attributes to those of His Creation) or Ta`til (denial of Allah’s Attributes). It does not necessarily mean that His Image (may He be Glorified) is like the image of human beings. Similarly, attributing a face, hand, fingers, feet, leg, anger, and the like attributes does not entail that Allah’s Attributes are like those of the human beings. He (may He be Glorified) is described as what He tells about Himself and what His Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him) said in a way befitting Him, without being in similitude with any of His Creatures. Allah (may He be Glorified and Exalted) says:Surah Al-Shura, 42: 11 There is nothing like Him; and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer. We have to accept this in the way that the Messenger intended without Takyif (questioning Allah’s Attributes) or Tamthil.

The meaning – Allah knows best – is that He created Adam in His Image with a face and ability to hear, speak, see and do whatever he wants. It is not necessarily that the image is the same. This is a general rule according to the Ahl-ul-Sunnah wal-Jama`ah (those adhering to the Sunnah and the Muslim main body), meaning that the Ayahs (Qur’anic verses) and Hadiths speaking about Divine Attributes should be accepted as true without Tahrif (distortion of the meaning), Takyif, Tamthil or Ta`til. They confirm His Names and Attributes without Tamthil and exalt Him above being similar to His Creatures without Ta`til, contrary to those who commit Bid`ah (innovation in religion) of Al-Mu`attilah (deniers of Allah’s Attributes) and Mushabihah (those who liken Allahýs Attributes to those of His creation). The hearing, seeing and knowledge of the creature is never like those of Allah (may He be Glorified and Exalted), for none of His creatures can be compared to Him. Indeed, there is nothing like Him, for the Attributes of Allah are perfect and infinite, with no shortcomings. As for the attributes of the creatures, they are finite and imperfect.

Ibn Baz Fatwas

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum,

Couldn't it be possible that evolution and creation both exist?

im saying that because among the 99 glorious name/attributes provided to us by Allah (swt), 2 of them say

khaliq.gif

Al-Khaliq - The Creator

bari.gif

Al Bari - The Evolver

Anyone with good arabic knowledge and skil could you explain these two attributes in a lil bit more detail?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
fossil records have yet to prove evolution. to date there are no 'transitional forms' thus no evolution.

evolution believes that fish transformed over time to birds, however there are no half fish half birds in the fossils. furthermore, evolution states that everything in existance came about by random atoms colliding together to form amino acids and then these amino acids correctly arranged them selves with no errors or deviances in sequence bases to form protiens and so on.... if you look at it mathematically, the chances of this happening are ZERO. this HAS been proven by mathmeticians. thus mathmeticians have disproven evolution.
sister i never said fish all of a sudden grew wings with scales and became birds....that's darwins theory!!!!........or that the fossils suggest anything like this either:).....what i was saying was that their are some signs that show that may be evoulution(not complete conversion :lol:)may have occured........oldest fossils in vertebrate are fish then amphibians followed by reptiles,mammals and then birds....kind of the sequence of complexity:)

yeah it's a big drawback for darwins theory that he suggested no mathematical formula for this:).......CAUSE HE COULDN'T:lol:

the thing that make sence to me is the fact that best of the species have a better chance of survival............what he calls "the natural selection"phenomena:)....other stuff still needs more study and research:)

and since it's a theory it still got equal chances of being true or false:)

i'm more interested in mendal then darwin.........i never gave much thought of studing his theory tooo closely:)maybe i ought to:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I don't remember exactly but I did a couple of articles where scientist had refuted Darwins theory .... sadly they didn't get famous...

I never trust science.. even if they make humans I still say ALLAH AKBAR

that's beacuse they wud be doing something ALLAH have done many hundred thousand times....nothing new........they will get those formula straight now when ALLAH-the most high have known and worked upon them right from the begining..........learning something wouldn't make a person better then it's first CREATOR:)so yeah......it's ALLAHUAKBAR!!!

Just see the last sermon of our beloved prophet....

Science is more or less a platform where Kaffir tried to fool weak muslims on their faith

:lol:guys clam down a lil what's with the attack on sciences:pit's all around you...there is no turning your back on SCIENCE:pif scientist have fooled us it's more due our ignorance:(

arzafar

look now all science is theory, a hypothesis verified by experimental observations made under stringent constraints. There are no facts except for the empirical measurements made. Therefore the theory works only under certain conditions/axioms/constants/assumptions etc.

Now just because it works, doesn't mean the theory is fact. It may be true or it may not be true. But because it works, we can use science to help us in our daily activities. As technology improves, better, accurate observations are made and the theory improves or 'evolves'. Perhaps we may get closer to the truth with time although that in itself cannot be verified.

now science itself doesnt prove anything. Actually it cannot prove anything because it is an explanation of observed data. Proofs occur in mathematics/logic only like you can prove that tanA = sinA/cosA.

science cannot prove that the sun will come out from the east tomoro or that when i open the front door, there will be a sky above and it will be colored blue etc. in that sense science is rather narrow in it's approach as it only works for a limited number of things in certain aspects under certain conditions.

so when we say science = only fact and rest is false, the underlying assumption is
1. Only that which can be empirically demonstrated is fact

The problem with believing science as fact and leaving everything else is that 1. cannot be empirically demonstrated.

Now evolution does occur, just like sun rises from the east and the sky is there etc are all empirical observations or facts.
Science offers one perception of reality, scientists believe in the theory which explains these observations.
A muslim believes that all these things occur because Allah wills. We have the attributes of Allah that explain those occurrences.

We may study science because it has many applications and it can make life easy for us. but to start believing man made stories as fact just because they 'work under certain conditions' is rather naive. So i leave you with a poem i read in 6th grade elocution contest. The poem, to me sums up the fallacy of empirical sciences in general and helps me understand how hopeless i am in terms of knowledge.

The blind men and the elephant

It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out his eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he,
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Stephen Hawking

Artemis

Banned

It has also been shown by mathematicians and aerodymics eperts that the bumble bee cannot possibly fly. The wings are too small to support its mass. Trouble is nobody bothered to inform the bumble bee and it flies quite happily.
Actually the fish did not transform directly into birds but they went via amphibians and guess what the coelacanth (a primitve fish that still exists)has fins that are very much like stumpy legs which might make it a link to amphibians, which then developed into reptiles and from thence to birds and yes there is a feathered reptile fossil - the archeopterix. So yes there is a fossil trail although it is incomplete.

Al-Indunisiy

It has also been shown by mathematicians and aerodymics eperts that the bumble bee cannot possibly fly. The wings are too small to support its mass. Trouble is nobody bothered to inform the bumble bee and it flies quite happily.
Actually the fish did not transform directly into birds but they went via amphibians and guess what the coelacanth (a primitve fish that still exists)has fins that are very much like stumpy legs which might make it a link to amphibians, which then developed into reptiles and from thence to birds and yes there is a feathered reptile fossil - the archeopterix. So yes there is a fossil trail although it is incomplete.

The old myth that "bumblebees shouldn’t be able to fly" was based on calculations using the aerodynamic theory of 1918-19, just 15 years after the Wright brothers made the first powered flight. These early theories suggested that bumblebee wings were too small to create sufficient lift but since then scientists have made huge advances in understanding aerodynamics and how different kinds of airflow can generate lift.
Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090507194511.htm;
Science Daily: Science News: Flight Of The Bumble Bee Is Based More On Brute Force Than Aerodynamic Efficiency

Artemis

Banned
The old myth that "bumblebees shouldn’t be able to fly" was based on calculations using the aerodynamic theory of 1918-19, just 15 years after the Wright brothers made the first powered flight. These early theories suggested that bumblebee wings were too small to create sufficient lift but since then scientists have made huge advances in understanding aerodynamics and how different kinds of airflow can generate lift.
Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090507194511.htm;
Science Daily: Science News: Flight Of The Bumble Bee Is Based More On Brute Force Than Aerodynamic Efficiency

Indeed so, and as time went by the knowledge was gained that filled in the reasons for the apparent impossibility.