a poem from my heart

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

hey little brother, you doing good :)

I like your writing, it shows your passion for Islam.

To write poetry is a skill. I suggest to strengthen it, its important to read a lot and increase vocabulary. Also, to invest some time in reading poetry to get a feel for things such as iambic meter, rhythm, onomatopoeia and so forth. Using descriptive Metaphors which really dig into the soul and feeling of what you wish to put, can completely alter the experience into a surreal poetic couldron that can touch the sense and be remembered.

There are many different ways to write poetry. It is not essential for stanzas to always end in a rhyme. Infact, you can just go with the flow etc. I suggest looking into things like Haiku and practising that too or even when you have time look at more epic pieces, even if it may be difficult to understand at first, just know that things such as Beowulf, Homer's illiyad exist. Why? because its literature which resonates with the literature and creativity of today.

For any poetry or infact to grasp any art, look to both classical and modern. Read from different time periods and subject matters.

Modern works of Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan are quite heavy and good source for understanding English poetry and prose - also find the distinction between prose and poetry. These two were both song writers and poets. When it comes to writing, its sometimes not possible even to differentiate a song or a poem.

To appreciate, understand and strengthen both language skills and even our own mental state, we should be doing our uptmost to educate ourselves, of course, staying within Islamic boundaries.

Look at words as basicaly mirrors to the soul. Its what I always say to those I try and encourage with their writing and art work. For poetry is art.

Poetry is much more than words. If done correctly, it is a lesson of the heart. Its value has diminished these days, but, it was of great value especially at the time of Rasul Allah :saw: . The mushrikeen of that period would compete to have the best poetry, and it was a major symbol of status and sophistication. - When Allah revealed the Quran to the unlettered Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam), its beautiful and perfect message was a miracle which made many become Muslim. Its power and magnificence will stay forever, as it is the word of Allah subhana wa taála.

Keep writing your poetry, think of new techniques and styles. You do not have to share everything that you make. Whether you write, draw or paint, some things you may wish to keep to yourself. I write poetry, I can draw and paint, but I hardly ever share with everyone.

Oh and keep time to reflect on nature, experiences and the world around you. Allah created you, as you. To be His slave, to follow the Quran and the Sunnah, but, you are no robot. Express yourself. Keep a balance, nothing wrong with being a dreamer ;)

assalamu alaykum

4mMadara2Amina

As salam alykom ukhti :)

Very, Veyr beautiful Ma Sha ALLAH :tti_sister: May you write many more, so you can share with us. Amen. :muslim_child:

krackpot

slave warrior caged
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu..

Thanks for the suggessions brother Masbooth :) ill try looking into the works you've mentioned inshallah.... i enjoy painting and pottery as well :p
most of ma works are not posted i keep them for ma self ;)
thanks for your insights into ma poetry

Jazakallaho Khairan