Who are Ahle-Sunnat?

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamualykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,

Hope you all are in the best state of your health and in Em'aan.
While in UAE I came across the people of many Madhabs, so just want to clarify about some people who called themselves BARELVI's (AHLE SUNNAT UL JAMAH).

Please if any one can help me then do let me know who are these peoples, who are BARELI's & AHLE SUNNAT UL JAMAH & who was MOULANA AHMED RAZA?And what is their Aqeedah and how do they differ from us?are they correct in their aqeedah?

Please forgive me if my question hurts someone, this post is not against anyone, this is just for my clarificaton.

Jazak-Allah (in Advance)

Your Bro-in-Islam
Al-Abrar Ul-Hussain

weakslave

Walykom Assalaam wa Rahmatu Allahi Wabarakatuhu,

I cannot comment on any of the madthahib you speak of except for anyone who claims to be Ahul-Sunnah wal Jama'a. They are a group of people who adhere to the majority opinion in light of evidence from the Quran and Sunnah. They do not attribute themselves to a specific scholar nor thinking: anyone who says that which is supported by the Quran and the Sunnah is their way.

But you need not learn about these madthaahib unless your purpose is to advise them. As Allaah says in the Quran (translation of the meaning)

Who listen to speech and follow the best of it. Those are the ones Allah has guided, and those are people of understanding. {39:18}

Whatever we hear that is sound and agrees with the words of Allaah and the ahaadith, we accept. Everything else we reject: no one is followed blindly.

And Allaah knows best.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salaamu 'alaykkum...

The Braylwiyyah are a Soofee sect which was born in India at the time of the British rule there.

It's followers concern themselves in exceeding in their love and honour for the Prophets and the "saints" in general, and the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) specifically.

It's founder was a man by the name of Ahmad Ridhaa Khaan ibn Taqee 'Alee Khaan who was born in 1272 A.H. (1851 C.E.) and called himself Abdul-Mustafaa (slave/servant of Mustafaa, i.e. Muhammad (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam)).

He was born in the city of Braylee in the province of Uttar Pradesh and was a student of al-Mirza Ghulaam Qaadir Begg who was the older (blood) brother of Mirza Ghulaam Ahmad al-Qaadiyaanee (founder of the Qaadiyaaniyyah sect).

He was of a slim build and known to be shrewd and clever, whilst also being ill-tempered and foul-mouthed. He used to suffer from chronic illnesses, and used to consistently complain of headaches and back pains.

He visited Makkah and studied under some of the scholars there in 1295 A.H. (1874 C.E.).

Amongst his "notable" books are: ((Anbaa. al-Mustafaa)) and ((Khaalis al-I'tiqaad)).

From the beliefs of this sect is that the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) has the ability/power to control the creation and all that occurs, and that the "saints" have the ability/power to influence the creation and all that occurs.

And they have exceeded in their belief with respect to the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) such that they have ascended him to a rank close to that of worshipping him. And they have exceeded in their belief with respect to the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) such that they believe he has knowledge of the unseen, and they deny that he was a human being, rather that he was the light (noor) of Allaah. And they also permit calling for assistance from the "saints" and the Prophets and other than them from the false beliefs.

Further reading
al-Braylwiyyah: 'Aqaa.id wa Taareekh - Ihsaan Elahe Zaheer;
al-Braylwiyyah - Masters degree thesis presented at the Faculty of Usool ad-Deen at the Islaamic University of Imaam Muhammad ibn Sa'ood in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Also read this book about them by Shaykh Ihsaan Ilaahi Zaheer rahimahullaah, very beneficial ma shaa' Allaah....

Their Aqeedah... http://www.abdurrahman.org/innovation/BarailwiyyahChapter2pt1.pdf

Their teachings... http://www.abdurrahman.org/innovation/BarailwiyyahChapter3.pdf

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
[size=+2]CAN WE OFFER SALAH BEHIND BARAILVEE IMAAM?[/size]

Being in India, In most of the Masaajids their are Barailvee Imaan, so can I offer my prayers behind them or what should I do?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
[size=+2]CAN WE OFFER SALAH BEHIND BARAILVEE IMAAN?[/size]

Being in India, In most of the Masaajids their are Barailvee Imaan, so can I offer my prayers behind them or what should I do?

:salam2:

The short answer is No. We can not pray behind a person who indulges in Kufr.

I will find you an Urdu video from youtube. Pls bear with me.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Edit : Just to add that Barelvi are soofee and are definitely not Ahl us Sunna wa'al Jama'a.

You can know about their corrupt Aqeedah here :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkglvY-Gz4

I hope that Insha'Allah you can find a Ahle Hadeeth mosque in your city.

Edit :- Brother Abubaseer is correct in what he has stated. JazakAllahu Khayran.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam..
Actually Im also from South East Asian region: Bangladesh.
Here mostly about 99% people follow Hanafi madhab....
But Inshaa'Allah Ta'la I follow the way that prophet Muhammad SAWS did....(as it explained in the TTI-step by step guide to salah)
But i dont offer my Salah in Masjid in my Area. Cause the Imaam,Muadhdheen gona ask/stop me...or the local scholar ask me...why Im doing this....(the more u make them understand,the more they offer logic.....logics are not valid...anyways)
But I offer salah at another masjid,when Im @ work/studies...@ any area....I offer Salah behind them...but Follow the Sunnah.....Inshaa'Allah.

Is it okay to offer Salah behind them(the Hanafi Follwer Imam, though I follow the Sunnah)?

Plz inform me......

Jazakallahu Khairn

krackpot

slave warrior caged
As salaam alaikum brother
The aqeeda of BARELWI sect is the worst of all.....
they hate the followers of Qur'an and ahadeeth (i've been reasoning with them in my locality)

1.they believe Prophet muhammed SAW is still alive and to this day present everywhere.

2. SHEIKH ABDUL QaDAR JEELANI a.k.a GHOUSE UL AZAM DASTAGHIR (as they refer him) is also alive and this world would not function without him.

3. they believe the sufi's have the knowledge of ghayb. and they are connected to =Allah SWT directly.

4. they beleive sufis can see Allah SWT.

you can refer to the videos of Shaykh Meraaj RAbbani on the topic SOOFI AUR SHAITAN. It is an autopsy of the infamous book of AHMED RAZA KHAN BARELWI.

IT is the fatwa of the person regarded as GHOUS UL ADAM DASTAGHIR (Shaykh abdul qadar jeelani rahmatullahi alaih) that a muslim should not greet a grave worshipper, offer salaat behind him, have any relation with him, take his/her hand in marriage etc etc.... yet these ppl are so ignorant many of them dont offer salat if asked they say the offer salaat of the heart. they have regarded most of the scholars as sufis.

krackpot

slave warrior caged
)
But i dont offer my Salah in Masjid in my Area. Cause the Imaam,Muadhdheen gona ask/stop me...or the local scholar ask me...why Im doing this....(the more u make them understand,the more they offer logic.....logics are not valid...anyways)

I've been in your position brother believe me they dont have logic at all and you can defeat their reasoning and leave them speechless in minutes...... i guess you must be aware of tableeghi jamaat.... we have serious opposition goin on here regarding FOLLOWING THE SUNNAH AND HAVING THE RIGHT AQEEDAH.

please pray in the mosque of your locality cos you may become the means of guidance to some1 else. it is very important to speak against these ppl cos they are trying to drown the books of ahadeeth.

[/quote] But I offer salah at another masjid,when Im @ work/studies...@ any area....I offer Salah behind them...but Follow the Sunnah.....Inshaa'Allah.[/quote]

very good brother don be afraid and please offer salaat according to sunnah. . i was in a same dilemma about HANAFI MADHHAB but i clarified with a reliable scholar and he confirmed that "One can offer salaat behind a Hanafi imam unless he is involved in Kufr or Bida'ath".

[/quote] Is it okay to offer Salah behind them(the Hanafi Follwer Imam, though I follow the Sunnah)? [/quote]

yup as i said it is permissable as along he is not involved in kufr or bida'at....

And the rest ALLAHU ALAM

islamfollower

Al-Salaam-Alaykum

Ahla-sunna is simply a name started by people simply because they follow the sunnas of the prophet. But there was no ahlu-sunna at the time of prophet muhammad nor any shia, just muslims. no one would go around and say i am from ahlu-sunna, they wouldn't know what you are talking about.

As more sects started to grow people felt if its the need to name thir sect, some shia, some ahmedia, some ahlu-sunna. You can read about the different sects if you like, but the truth and saved sect is the one eho follows the quran, hadith, and sunna of the prophet muhammad. Who is the right sect?, we have no right to say and allah knows best.

weakslave

Al-Salaam-Alaykum

Ahla-sunna is simply a name started by people simply because they follow the sunnas of the prophet. But there was no ahlu-sunna at the time of prophet muhammad nor any shia, just muslims. no one would go around and say i am from ahlu-sunna, they wouldn't know what you are talking about.

As more sects started to grow people felt if its the need to name thir sect, some shia, some ahmedia, some ahlu-sunna. You can read about the different sects if you like, but the truth and saved sect is the one eho follows the quran, hadith, and sunna of the prophet muhammad. Who is the right sect?, we have no right to say and allah knows best.

:wasalam:

Actually on a personal level you do say what you follow. When you make a decision to follow one madthhab over another, or one opinion over another you are testifying that the group is the right sect.

However, with that said it is important for a believer to always follow the best of speech, irrespective of ego, history, or surroundings. And the best of speech is the words of Allaah, and the best of guidance is that of Muhammad :saw:. If you work to get to the truth, Allaah will make it easy. If you have other intentions, things will never be clear.

NourAlDeen

Asalamu aleikum wr wb, dear sister..

MashaALLAH, I know how confusing all that are.. I used to be that confuse and I see that some of you are mixing sects and madhabs.. Knowing that we should be aware of praying with a sect who do bid'a and shirk..

So I thought of writing a texts about all this and more inshaALLAH..
Before starting to write I wanted to know who are intrested reading it inshaALLAH??

You can answer in this thread inshaALLAH, '' Who/what are madhabs, sects, groups, ahlu sunnah, etc.?? ''..

You can find it here inshaALLAH.. http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=439195#post439195

Fi amanillah
Wa'billahi tawfiiq

adanshai

The Madhabs are not Deen they are way of thinking differently on some issues, we should not confuse the 4 Madhabs with sects or groups, all of the Imams of Ahla-sunna wal Jamaat acted upon Quran and Sunnah of the prophet and all of them have said in some way or other if they say something contradicting to Book of Allah and what is narrated from the Messanger (sallallaahu 'alaihi was sallam) the ingore they saying.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salamalaikum Brothers and sisters in Islam

Inshaa'Allah Ta'la...I know and understant the sects,madhab,group.....
i know I deviate from the topic but I posted because the Ahl-e sunnah wal jamah in my country(may be some other country also)...follow the Hanafi Madhahb.....so I did the comment.

Inshaa'Allah ta'la You go on.....I'll support you in that forum.

Walaikum assalam

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

The short answer is No. We can not pray behind a person who it Bidati or indulges in Kufr.

:salam2: Akhi,

It is there in many books of Aqeedah of Ahl Us Sunnah Wal Jamah, that it is permissible to pray behind Ahl-Ul-Bidah.

As for Barelvis, then they are beyond Bidah.

For example their "Shaykh Ul Islaam" Tahir Ul Qadri say in one his speech that Allah and Muhammad :saw: are one and whoever says they they are not is a Kaakir and Mushrik! :astag:

This belief is clearly beyond Bidah, it a Major Shirk just like the Shirk of Christians who Believe in Trinity.

I would request Brother MaHusain to read book "Barelwiyah" by Shaykh Ehsaaan Elaahi Zaheer.

It is in urdu as well as in Hindi. I believe you are from Hyderabad India. InshaAllah I can give you address of book Shops in Hyderabad where it should be available. PM me if you are interested.

:wasalam:

Ibn Uthaymin

Salamalaikum Brothers and sisters in Islam

Inshaa'Allah Ta'la...I know and understant the sects,madhab,group.....
i know I deviate from the topic but I posted because the Ahl-e sunnah wal jamah in my country(may be some other country also)...follow the Hanafi Madhahb.....so I did the comment.

Inshaa'Allah ta'la You go on.....I'll support you in that forum.

Walaikum assalam

If everyone is following the hanafi madhab, you don't have to follow it. The fact we can access the internet means we are exposed to Islamic knowledge. There are tonnes of sites to learn Islam. So why blindly follow? The truth is those who blindly follow a particular mathhab are mindless automatons.

PS. Most people in Bangladesh are ignorant of correct teachings of Islam. They grave worship Shah jallal rahemuhullah

saifkhan

abd-Allah
If everyone is following the hanafi madhab, you don't have to follow it. The fact we can access the internet means we are exposed to Islamic knowledge. There are tonnes of sites to learn Islam. So why blindly follow? The truth is those who blindly follow a particular mathhab are mindless automatons.

PS. Most people in Bangladesh are ignorant of correct teachings of Islam. They grave worship Shah jallal rahemuhullah

Salam...yes..i know and I dont follow the hanafi madhab/any other madhab. I respect all the teacher of the schools....but i follow the Prophet SAWS style...inshaa'ALlah Ta'la....I think you didnt get it why I wrote this....for that...you have to read all the replies.

I know ppl worship grave in Bangladesh,because of ignorant.actually it has become a business and controlled by a powerful sects(may be the Govt. ppl also included)....we actually have nothing to do brother,we r actually helpless....there are also some of my frnd who do some staffs like that....and they r not willing to understand....how deep/with interest you make them understand.

hope you understand what I mean and what im trying to say...
inshaa'Allah Ta'la..

May Allah forgive our sins and guide us to the Right way.

Jazakallahu Khairn wa barakallahu feekum
wassalam

daywalker

Salam...yes..i know and I dont follow the hanafi madhab/any other madhab. I respect all the teacher of the schools....but i follow the Prophet SAWS style.
and whom the imams from the salaf time follow? they didnt follow the prophet(sw) style?
If everyone is following the hanafi madhab, you don't have to follow it.There are tonnes of sites to learn Islam. So why blindly follow? The truth is those who blindly follow a particular mathhab are mindless automatons.
If you are able to understand the evidence and usool fiqh, none told you to follow any madhab blidnly. get the evidence book of hanafi madhab and study! Get Ila´us sunan which contains each and every evidence of hanafi fiqh from quran and sunnah.
The fact we can access the internet means we are exposed to Islamic knowledge.
Imam ash-Shafi`i said, "Whoever takes knowledge from books loses the regulations."