BIGOTRY AND PREJUDICE

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Xenophobia is probably one of the primary reasons for bigotry and prejudice. In the days of hunting and gathering, it was much simple and safer to see individuals as either "We/Us" and "They/Them". However, we no longer live in isolated communities which are self sufficient in and of themselves. Unfortunately, as is the case of all cultural memes transmitted amongst individuals, they continue long after their usefulness has expired.

Mirajmom and I converse daily whenever she or I are able to have a third party within ear shot of our conversations. She informed me today that she is the victim of administrative oppression by her school even though she was the one who was physically assaulted on school grounds, verbally threatened, and the victim of ethnic slurs.

Through out this country as is the case in France, dress codes are being initiated by schools and businesses. The consequent of a dress code is it requires a student and often a teach to dress in slacks, polo shirt, and not fear any head covering (Hajib or Prayer Cap). In otherwords, to dress in Western apparel.

Sister Mirajmom answered a student who had asked a hypothetical question concerning homosexuality. Not wanting to get into a long discussion or debate, she answered as we all often do with a flippant remark as a joke. The student's sister entered school grounds the next day, grabbed Sister Mirajmon's arm and refused to release it, insulted Allah and Islam, and told Sister Mirajmom to go back to Iraq where she belonged. Sister Mirajmom is of heritage from The Sub-Continent and has lived in The United States since the age of 17.

Today, she was put on permanent administrative leave. During the proceeding personal information about Mirajmom and her children was discussed in the presence of individuals hostile toward her by the school officials.

It is my understanding the not only Muslims but individuals of all non-white heritage are often mistreated and discriminated upon. The are has one of the highest rate of Children of Color being placed in Special Education Programs and also one of the highest rates of student drop-outs among non-white students in the country.

The fact that I am double digit percent of Native American never impacted me because I look Celtic (Irish, Welsh, Scottish). Growing up in an ethnically diverse small town surrounded by "all white" towns. I grew up on both sides of racism. I saw it in my family and I experienced it in the community. My grandchildren were called monkeys and my estranged wife has a black adopted mothers and brothers.

This type of injustice can only be overcome by unity. The Latino Community are putting aside their nationalist identities and united to vote as a solid block against all those politicians who seek to exclude them. We are a religion. I am as much a Muslim as anyone born into a Muslim family for as The Prophet Muhammad (Salla Alayhu 'Alayhi Was Sallam) everyone is born a Muslim.

Sister Mirajmom was asked why she doesn't wait for a "real Muslim" man to marry. Ethnocentric Pride, Nationalistic Chauvinism, and complacency about those problems faced by the Muslim Ummah are as dangerous as the threats to our Deen from outside the Ummah. How can Muslim youth grab hold of our Deen when we do nothing to educated New Reverts and curious Christians and Jews, when we quietly accept discrimination against any Muslim/Muslimah, and when we fear man more than Allah. I understand that when I point a finger that there are three on my own hand pointing back.

Min Fudlak/Fudlik, be as active as possible in exposing, opposing, and condemning assaults on our brothers and sisters and exercise you right to peaceable rhetoric, protest, using the vote as a bullet shot at the heart of darkness, and let your light so shine that we can all proudly say, "I am a Muslim and I am never alone for if Allah be for me, who can stand against me.

Was Sallam my brothers and sisters.

arzafar

oh boy i thought that homosexuality episode was over but it seems to have taken a different turn altogether.

Artemis

Banned
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Xenophobia is probably one of the primary reasons for bigotry and prejudice. In the days of hunting and gathering, it was much simple and safer to see individuals as either "We/Us" and "They/Them". However, we no longer live in isolated communities which are self sufficient in and of themselves. Unfortunately, as is the case of all cultural memes transmitted amongst individuals, they continue long after their usefulness has expired.

Mirajmom and I converse daily whenever she or I are able to have a third party within ear shot of our conversations. She informed me today that she is the victim of administrative oppression by her school even though she was the one who was physically assaulted on school grounds, verbally threatened, and the victim of ethnic slurs.

Through out this country as is the case in France, dress codes are being initiated by schools and businesses. The consequent of a dress code is it requires a student and often a teach to dress in slacks, polo shirt, and not fear any head covering (Hajib or Prayer Cap). In otherwords, to dress in Western apparel.

Sister Mirajmom answered a student who had asked a hypothetical question concerning homosexuality. Not wanting to get into a long discussion or debate, she answered as we all often do with a flippant remark as a joke. The student's sister entered school grounds the next day, grabbed Sister Mirajmon's arm and refused to release it, insulted Allah and Islam, and told Sister Mirajmom to go back to Iraq where she belonged. Sister Mirajmom is of heritage from The Sub-Continent and has lived in The United States since the age of 17.

Today, she was put on permanent administrative leave. During the proceeding personal information about Mirajmom and her children was discussed in the presence of individuals hostile toward her by the school officials.

It is my understanding the not only Muslims but individuals of all non-white heritage are often mistreated and discriminated upon. The are has one of the highest rate of Children of Color being placed in Special Education Programs and also one of the highest rates of student drop-outs among non-white students in the country.

The fact that I am double digit percent of Native American never impacted me because I look Celtic (Irish, Welsh, Scottish). Growing up in an ethnically diverse small town surrounded by "all white" towns. I grew up on both sides of racism. I saw it in my family and I experienced it in the community. My grandchildren were called monkeys and my estranged wife has a black adopted mothers and brothers.

This type of injustice can only be overcome by unity. The Latino Community are putting aside their nationalist identities and united to vote as a solid block against all those politicians who seek to exclude them. We are a religion. I am as much a Muslim as anyone born into a Muslim family for as The Prophet Muhammad (Salla Alayhu 'Alayhi Was Sallam) everyone is born a Muslim.

Sister Mirajmom was asked why she doesn't wait for a "real Muslim" man to marry. Ethnocentric Pride, Nationalistic Chauvinism, and complacency about those problems faced by the Muslim Ummah are as dangerous as the threats to our Deen from outside the Ummah. How can Muslim youth grab hold of our Deen when we do nothing to educated New Reverts and curious Christians and Jews, when we quietly accept discrimination against any Muslim/Muslimah, and when we fear man more than Allah. I understand that when I point a finger that there are three on my own hand pointing back.

Min Fudlak/Fudlik, be as active as possible in exposing, opposing, and condemning assaults on our brothers and sisters and exercise you right to peaceable rhetoric, protest, using the vote as a bullet shot at the heart of darkness, and let your light so shine that we can all proudly say, "I am a Muslim and I am never alone for if Allah be for me, who can stand against me.

Was Sallam my brothers and sisters.

All I can say to that is that there is nothing flippant about what one believes. If you were to ask me a similar question re Islam//Mohammed and I were to make a joke of it would it be accepted? from previous experience here in the UK and elsewhere anything which might be considered disrespectful to Mohammed tends to result in aggressive and even violent responses from muslims. I cannot speak with any accuracy because I don't know how flippant the response was or what was the context.