Muslim women don't have to wear veils

Status
Not open for further replies.

umm hussain

ROME (AFP) - Islam does not require women to wear veils, Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan has said in an interview, calling on Muslim moderates to "make their voices be heard."

"Islam neither requires one to be practising, nor to dress in one way or another," the stylish 36-year-old queen told the Italian daily Corriere della Sera during a visit to Rome on Friday.

"So imposing the veil on a woman is contrary to the principles of Islam," said Queen Rania, who is in Rome for the launch of a Group of Seven (G7) programme to develop vaccines against diseases that are endemic in poor countries.

"Unfortunately, after all the suspicion weighing on Islam, many people have begun to consider the veil as a political problem, but this is not the case," she told Corriere. "Wearing the veil is a free personal choice."

Queen Rania urged "all moderates to stand up and let their voices be heard."

She added: "Many people are frustrated in the Arab world. Many give in to the anger because they are accused of violence. But instead we should get up, explain who we are and what we believe in.

"Over the last three years, most victims of terrorism have been Muslim. So there's not a war between Muslims and non-Muslims, but between extremists and moderates of all the religions," the queen said.

"What is important is not to live in fear. The most dangerous (thing to do) is to give up and lose hope. The main enemy is not terrorism or extremism, but ignorance," she said.

Source
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070209/wl_mideast_afp/jordanreligionislam_070209114132

Noor to shine

Assalmu alaikim sister:

I never knew that Queen Rania is an islamic schollar :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think many people don t know that Islam is preserved by Quran and Sunna ....no way to change what is preserved by Allah swt.
:astag:

asabr

Asalam alaikum wr/wb....
Well said...This fits the definition of ignorance perfectly. She is ignorant and so are the people that believe her. And this is what I address at school, work, and at the MOSQUE(ironically); Where are the facts? Produce the facts that Islam doesn't require a woman to wear the veil? I'm not saying she has to wear the veil...that's not my problem...she is responsible for her deeds and Iam responsible for mine. I pray for her and all the muslims for guidance. amin
wasalam alaikum wr/wb

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
We make such issues out of petty things! We should be focusing on things such as getting people to learn how to read. Especially learning Arabic. Did you know that nearly all of Al Qaeda's followers are illiterate? That explains a lot.

Also, so many Muslims don't know this religion. Missionaries and others lie a lot about Islam, and the ignorant Muslim thinks that the Qur'an actually says: "Kill all non-Muslims in order to get 77 virgins".

We should be focusing on these things, THEN worrying about petty issues such as which source to rely on for moon sightings and hijabs.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

According to this Islam traitor Rania:

No women can wear hijab even voluntarity. But snaching her Hijab and not letting her enter the school or the office is very good.

Not letting letting any women come out for jobs in Afghanistan is a severe suppression of women and its suffocation for them. While selling the bodies of women in whore houses, showing their naked legs in -45 C and raping and killing them in the west is "Civilized society".

Did this 'selfmade Mufti' Rania ever say anything about the women being made sex object in the West? Did she ever spend a single calorie of energy against the country which has the highest number of rapes of women? i.e. one rape in every few seconds.

Wassalaam
VE

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I think its pointless to talk about such ignorant persons. We should only try to spread Islam. These ignorant ones will automatically get their rewards either positive or negative according to the niyah which they have in mind and their deeds, from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. What we should do is spread the Quran and the Sunnah ?

" The wise man does not argue or seek to overcome with strategem rather he propagates his wisdom. If accepted he praises Allah, if rejected he praises Allah "

heartbeat

subhan allah

subhan allah.. queen noor should have been talking about those muslims under siege in her native palistine.
Now, in Italy in one of those top models events, she is imposing her self as a an islamic scholar with an authority to talk about a matter that is very subtile.
personally, i whould have found her more appealing to me if she wore hidjab in her picture to that Italian news paper.

amyaishazouaoui

Assalamu alaikum

Yet another perfect eg of why we dont have royalty in islam.......coz they get ignorant, arrogant at times and down right ridculous!!!!!

WS

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:
Yes she is mistaken, but..

Why dont you guys make Dua for her? Or is everyone too good to do that?

wasalam.

why should i follow a scholar if i speaks agains quran and sunnah?

if thousand scholar say that salat is not fard , so should we leave salat or what?

we should follow scholar and also have to search from where they quote those things.

justoneofmillion

angry but hopful

assalamu aleikum, i know that as a muslim i have no right to judge any other believer but it``s been quite a long time that i occationaly hear these kind of comments from her what`s wrong with these people? what`s their goal what is thier aim?making the brothers and sisters who abide by god`s law look ridiculus? unneducated?or are they searching for some applauses or recognition? when men are weak or sick they turn to god asking for help when their stomach is full and they feel strong they start doing shirk.we need to get rid of these tyrans and their sponsors in the muslim countries from marroco to indonesia they are all dictators and they have to learn that the same countries that are supporting them now will at the end turn against them like they did with saddam. and they will find no support from the population just like the quran says about people betray you when they think you are losing and then say we were with you when you win. islam will win it will prevail with or without the muslims even if the unbelievers may not like it even if they hate it despit of the propaganda machine the media lobbys news papers insults and statements from so called intelectuals islam is the fastest growing religion in the world! what more proof do you need? the quran describes thes kind of haters in amazing detail let the plan and allah is the best planner. `` al yaouma akmaltu lakum deenukoum wa attmamtu aleikum nimati wa radeitu lakum al islama deenan" sadaqa llahu al adim

I think its pointless to talk about such ignorant persons. We should only try to spread Islam. These ignorant ones will automatically get their rewards either positive or negative according to the niyah which they have in mind and their deeds, from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. What we should do is spread the Quran and the Sunnah ?

" The wise man does not argue or seek to overcome with strategem rather he propagates his wisdom. If accepted he praises Allah, if rejected he praises Allah "

I agree with you 200% akhi (brother), couldn't have said it any better. I don't worry and let these kinds of things get into my skin. Islam is a beautiful religion and everything thing you need know about how to live is stated correctly and properly by God (Allah)

kayleigh

She's right in that the veil should never, ever be forced on a woman. It should always be a womans choice. But Rania is known for being very "fashion forward". The Jackie O of the Middle East. So I'm not surprised that she'd say that.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I'm just so fed up with people interpreting Islam in their own ways,why they just don't leave muslims alone.I'm sick of peoples' egoism and the way of thinking .Some woman just told me today,that muslim women making themselves humiliated in front of sociaty and in front of their husbands,by wearing hijab,that they think that they are smart and educated ,but they are not and that they judge other women for not wearing a hijab.I am a muslim and so proud to be a muslim,that no matter if all the world hates me and humiliating me ,I will stay this way always,inshaalah....
If Allah says to wear a hijab ,or what I have to do,I will do it,because I trust him and because I love him more then anyone...

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Interesting topic... "Muslim women don´t have to wear veils". I am westerner muslim who use hijab/veil, not because I have to but because I want to.

your sister in Islam
sister Harb

umm hussain

She's right in that the veil should never, ever be forced on a woman. It should always be a womans choice.

Islam first and foremost isnt about choices it is about submission to the creator.
“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

There is no difference of opinion among the Muslim scholars that it is obligatory for a woman to cover her hair, neck and arms, and it is not permissible for her to take off her hijab. The only difference in opinion is the niqab.

If women should never be forced to wear hijab why sould the same people force women to take off the hijab, i.e in Government offices, schools etc. So is it really about choices or to support an Agenda????

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

As Salaamu Alaykum
Islam is purely about choices.

Let there be no compulsion in religion... (Qur'an 2:256)

To you be your religion, and to me mine (Qur'an 108:5)

Let him who wishes to believe, do so. Let him who wishes to disbelieve, do so (Qur'an 18:29)

The verse you pointed out doesn't contradict. It simply states that we should not do something, and if we did we'll be in the wrong. It never says to force someone to do it. That's what free will is all about.

You cannot force Islam upon a person, or that person will just be following his fathers (so to speak). Islam forbids that a person follows something only because others are doing it. The Qur'an mentions this in numerous places.

While it is true that women should wear Hijab, NO one should force her to, or can force her to. The Qur'an says that we cannot force anything upon anyone. We are to let people decide what they want to do themselves. If they do the wrong thing, then they'll suffer the consequences. Our job only is to warn them.

Noor to shine

:salam2:
I think in an islamic society were people are educated (following) islamic values the natuarl choice of women will be Higab (and a complete veil) but in an islamic society the media should not promote unislamic values ......The problem our world is facing is that media and all that is feeding minds is totally unislamic .....not only unislamic but immoral and unhuman...If people were left to their Fitra (natural state) they will choose modesty and purity as Allah swt planned .........In the absence of heavenly values satanic values will dominate.........I think that our world is thirsty to the true Islam .

Sorry for any spelling mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.