salam

Hello, everyone calls me Betsey:shymuslima1: ummm I am a single mother of a little girl(almost 2):muslim_child:
I was raised christian, converted to paganism aproxomately 11/12 years ago, and I have been studying islam for over a year, and have been "practicing" muslim since the next to last day of Ramadan(which is the day I said shahada but it wasn't in a masjid, it was over the phone"). I have yet to set foot into a masjid and I am asking all of the muslims (and muslim websites) to pray for me because I am verry shy, and need the extra support. so.......um......ya. I have so far enjoyed being muslim, far more than being christian or a pagan.
One of my biggest roadblocks is just the fact that I live with my verry christian parents, so I am unable to practice as openly as I would want to, and I really am not allowed to wear hijab out side of the house while they're home. I am also not allowed to wear it at work.
so......i guess that's it. so I guess all I have left is to just say hi again so .........As salamu aleiykum

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
wa`alaykum us-salaam

Welcome to the forums.

May Allaah aid you in your Islaam. It can be very difficult, so we are here to help you, by Allaah's permission.

hassana elkoussi

As-salamu alaikum dear sister Betsey,

:SMILY252:Welcome to Islam and to the forum.:SMILY206: Hope you find this site enjoyable and beneficial as well. Plz feel free to ask anything if you need any help. :hearts::hearts::SMILY82:

Salam :SMILY259:

sarahlou

Wa' Alaikum Salam, May Allah make it easier on you and your family. Welcome to TTI and don't hesitate to ask questions. We are all sisters and brothers:hearts: here. Salam:hijabi:

andi kumala dewi

Wa'alaykumsalam Warahmatullah

Welcome In TTI

Hope you will enjoy here :hijabi:

I suggest to you be brave to prove that you are a muslim, don't be afraid to them but you must afraid to Allah Subhanu Wata'ala

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa alaikom Assalam

Welcome home honey , here u r among ur family :)
Congratulations for being a Muslim , May Allah bless you

Feel free to ask whatever u want

I'm ur sister Fatima :)

Have a nice time !

UPDATE

It's me again and there has been a few changes:hijabi:
First is the smallest. Luci is now 2
I AM NOW ALLOWED TO WEAR HIJAB TO WORK and have also heard people say they don't remember what my hair looks like. I started wearing it the sunday before christmas and, thanks to 2 of my male superiors, it is accepted. :ma:
And the biggest change so far. I WENT TO THE MASJID:salah:. this past friday would be the third friday in a row that I went and I enjoy it. my 2 year old makes it a little hard:shymuslima1:, but it works out

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
It's me again and there has been a few changes:hijabi:
First is the smallest. Luci is now 2
I AM NOW ALLOWED TO WEAR HIJAB TO WORK and have also heard people say they don't remember what my hair looks like. I started wearing it the sunday before christmas and, thanks to 2 of my male superiors, it is accepted. :ma:
And the biggest change so far. I WENT TO THE MASJID:salah:. this past friday would be the third friday in a row that I went and I enjoy it. my 2 year old makes it a little hard:shymuslima1:, but it works out
As Salaamu Alaikhum Sister, welcome 2 TTI, may ALLAH make it easy 4 u, alittle heads up... she is only 2 she will only want or do something when u r trying 2 do something else... lol. May ALLAH reward u w/ MUCH SUBR. ASA

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:bismillah:

:wasalam:
Sister.

:SMILY206:~Nice meeting you here, sister :)

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt help you~Amin!

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt bless upon all muslim~Amin!

~Happy Monday!:SMILY259:

Take Care!
Thank you,
~Wassalam :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'laykum wa rahmatullah,

How have you been sister? Hope you are doing well with your daughter. Its been a few months since you came here but we will pray that may Allaah assist you to practice your faith.

Take care now.

Waa'laykummussalam wa rahmatullah.