No Jilbab or Hijab in Office??? :(

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
:salam2:

Hope you all are in the best state of your spiritual and physical health.
Dear brothers and sisters I just want to share some thing with you all. I have seen many sisters from the sub continent that they don't wear jilbab or hijab when they go to office for work,even when they go for any interview. They think that they will not get the job if they wear hijab or burqa(jilbab).
And I've seen many sisters not wearing any burqa & Hijab when they are going in any get to gathers or in parties. Even they are not wearing on the way to party hall or marriage hall etc.
Please provide me any rulings on this? and the Azaab if they do like this.

naaad

mu'minah
Wa Alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh brother,

well what u've mentioned above is reaally sad. the way people think is sooo wrong but it is a reality these days.
some women leave their dignity (i.e., the hijab) behind and expect things to go well and in their favour!!!

May ALLAH guide us all to the right path !!!!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'alaikum Salaam akhi-

Subhanallah, I know what you mean. I've witnessed this kinds of things happen with my own eyes wallahi, It's actually verry saaad considering that they're playing with our Hijaabs that We're supposed to wear with Pride. May Allah Swt keep us All on the straight path and forgive our sins.Aameen

Isra

aka Tree2008
Wa alaikome salam

I hope all my brothers and sisters are of good health and strong iman.

Forgive me for sounding as if I am making excuses but I felt I had to speak up to say something.

First let me say I totally agree that this is a sad situation the Muslim woman finds herself in. This is a world which is changing day by day and year by year it seems to be getting worse. But please dont speak for ALL Muslim women when you generalize by saying they are "choosing" not to wear hijab to work.

I live in a non-Muslim predominantly Christian country and not only that but after 9/11 the mere mention of the word Islam or Muslim causes people to picture terrorism. It has become even more heated just the past few days when they found a car bomb rigged to an SUV parked in the middle of Manhatten in New York City. Well they are linking the botched bomb (it never actually went off) to a Pakistan born Muslim man who actually became a USA citizen. So of course the heat is on for Muslims and Islam once again. Whether or not the Pakistani man actually is linked to terrorism has yet to be proven but as of now they are blamiing it on him and trying to say he was "trained" for terrorism in Pakistan which also has yet to be proven.

Anyway my point here is when you live in this type of environment it is sometimes if not USUALLY very difficult to wear hijab to the workplace. The store I work at is Muslim owned and the owner actually came to me one day and asked me NOT to wear hijab stating that it will chase away many of the customers that his business needs to survive. I wish and I dream of wearing hijab which is why I have made a major life changing decision to move to an Islamic country inshallah in order to practice my Islam in the correct way. However not all Muslims who live here in my country are blessed with the opportunity that I have. I pray for all my Muslim sisters wherever they live and for whatever hardships are keeping them from following this beautiful deen to its utmost perfection.

Instead of judging or making negative comments about these poor sisters (even if they are choosing not to wear hijab) lets pray for them and keep them in our dua so that inshallah they might get up the courage and strength to finally put on the cover Allah has commanded all of our sisters to wear. I pray for all of our sisters wherever they live and whatever their circumstances. May Allah grant us all wisdom and patience but most of all compassion and MERCY as we ask him to have mercy on us. Ameen.

azmirush

Wa alaikome salam

Instead of judging or making negative comments about these poor sisters (even if they are choosing not to wear hijab) lets pray for them and keep them in our dua so that inshallah they might get up the courage and strength to finally put on the cover Allah has commanded all of our sisters to wear. I pray for all of our sisters wherever they live and whatever their circumstances. May Allah grant us all wisdom and patience but most of all compassion and MERCY as we ask him to have mercy on us. Ameen.

I agree with you...I believe whatever we do depends on the guidance given by Allah. There'll be a time for them too just like the time we first put on our hijab. We just need to pray for all of us to improve on our imaan and the time will come inshaallah.

:wasalam:

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Wa alaikome salam

I hope all my brothers and sisters are of good health and strong iman.

Forgive me for sounding as if I am making excuses but I felt I had to speak up to say something.

First let me say I totally agree that this is a sad situation the Muslim woman finds herself in. This is a world which is changing day by day and year by year it seems to be getting worse. But please dont speak for ALL Muslim women when you generalize by saying they are "choosing" not to wear hijab to work.

I live in a non-Muslim predominantly Christian country and not only that but after 9/11 the mere mention of the word Islam or Muslim causes people to picture terrorism. It has become even more heated just the past few days when they found a car bomb rigged to an SUV parked in the middle of Manhatten in New York City. Well they are linking the botched bomb (it never actually went off) to a Pakistan born Muslim man who actually became a USA citizen. So of course the heat is on for Muslims and Islam once again. Whether or not the Pakistani man actually is linked to terrorism has yet to be proven but as of now they are blamiing it on him and trying to say he was "trained" for terrorism in Pakistan which also has yet to be proven.

Anyway my point here is when you live in this type of environment it is sometimes if not USUALLY very difficult to wear hijab to the workplace. The store I work at is Muslim owned and the owner actually came to me one day and asked me NOT to wear hijab stating that it will chase away many of the customers that his business needs to survive. I wish and I dream of wearing hijab which is why I have made a major life changing decision to move to an Islamic country inshallah in order to practice my Islam in the correct way. However not all Muslims who live here in my country are blessed with the opportunity that I have. I pray for all my Muslim sisters wherever they live and for whatever hardships are keeping them from following this beautiful deen to its utmost perfection.

Asalamu Aalaykum,

Sister I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you. I believe the majority of Americans are not hateful even if there are some who will probably because of the things they hear or see from the media say some negative things. There are many Muslim women also living in U.S. who work, go to school, and deal with non-Muslims on a daily basis but keep their Hijabs on, their BIG Hijabs on! So please stop making excuses for Muslim women who CHOOSE to disobey their Lord so they can "fit in" or so she will not bring negative attention to herself or for their own personal reasons or even because she is ignorant of her religion. It's better to be honest and say it's because of the person's own weakness that they pick and choose when it comes to Islam. In western countries, I think everyone will agree that the U.S is the most open-minded to Muslims, that doesn't mean they are always welcoming and accomodating. That's what we get for fighting eachother and leaving our own countries.

I believe the majority of Muslim women who don't wear the Hijab don't want to wear it becuase of their own personal reasons not because of things they go through because we live here too and we go through the same things and we are wearing the Hijab and living here as well.

Salaam

iloveislam78

Salaam.........

Obviously we know that wearing hijaab is sunnah and obligatory for women, it is not a choice its a commandment. Myself i have just begun wearing a hijaab in the office and a few days later i came covered completely accept for what is a apparent, my hands and face. Whilst searching online ( before i wore a scarf) i came across a lovely story that a muslimah had shared about her own personal experience with hijaab, she wrote about how she had applied and interviewed unsuccessfully for many jobs because she was afraid of what people would think of her wearing the scarf and she thought that the hijaab would stop her getting a job. Now the sister was fighting inside herself to wear hijaab until she took the descion to be brave put it on and if people dont accept her then so be it!!
She went to yet another interview and within 15 minutes she was told she got the job!!!!

Just goes to show allah swt is with those who trust in him and obey him subnallah.

In my own life ive been subject to ridicule in the office because of my scarf and attire, ive felt also like im a walking oven burning with heat, i felt ugly because of how suddenly i became invisible to the world etc etc,BUT i know allah swt is watching and aware of the sacrifices i have made, sisters should be weary of allah and be strong. Its indeed a big thing especially for unmarried women like myself but as above allah is watching!!

salam y'all

iloveislam78

sorry guys im back again

I just read again sisters post above and i would have to disagree with what sister is saying i live in England and you really can't get much more western then that lol,

Allah says himself that he doesn't place a burden on us more then we can bear,
thus allah knows well the hijaab regardless of whatever day and age you live in is NOT more then you can bear. Yes we should make dua for our sisters that do not yet wear a scarf, but they ARE sinful for they are disobedient to allah swt. Sisters use a multitude of excuses to not wear a scarf i know i did it myself, however when one fears allah one obeys allah!!!!

For example one who drinks alcohol, yes allah is al hakam the judge to judge between who is good and who is bad etc, but would you marry a person like that?? would you trust a thief, its part of human nature to judge, and by no means do i condone going to these sisters and abusing them etc, but they will be judged by people such is life.

Last point sister about your desire to move to another country to practise your belief , mashallah you want to emigrate in the way of allah thats admirable, but what makes you so sure that Allah will give you life to get to that point???? your test has already begun, it doesn't begin when you move abroad, if this dunya wasn't hard it wouldn't be a test.

Sister trust me i know how hard it is to wear a scarf sometimes i just wanna rip it off my head but sabr, obediance and patience are the keys to jennah inshallah.

If you ever wanna talk or anything sis inbox me!!!

peace and hugs ( sisters only hehehe)

salam everyone

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

Dear brothers and sisters I just want to share some thing with you all. I have seen many sisters from the sub continent that they don't wear jilbab or hijab when they go to office for work,even when they go for any interview. They think that they will not get the job if they wear hijab or burqa(jilbab).
And I've seen many sisters not wearing any burqa & Hijab when they are going in any get to gathers or in parties. Even they are not wearing on the way to party hall or marriage hall etc.

The bible even stresses the hijaab (head covering). and there is even a punishment for a woman not wearing the hijaab.

The bible says:

[1 Corinthians 11:5-7] "But any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled brings shame upon her head, for it is one and the same thing as if she had had her head shaved. For if a woman does not have her head veiled, she may as well have her hair cut off. But if it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should wear a veil."

Not even Islaam is as strict as this!

May Alllaah guide the ummah

Kakorot

I think ppl should be concerned about their ownselves, instead of worrying about what others are doing. (My comment is not directed to you, I'm just speaking in general). The best way to deal with this would be to give the person da'wah about hijab. I'll share one story I know, although it's not to do with hijab but you'll get the point.
A few years ago, in the UK, this brother was desperately looking for a job. He found a really good one, good pay and everything, but the problem was that his work time clashed with his prayer times. He discussed this with the manager, but was told that he would not be able to pray salaah on time. So based on that, the brother mashaAllaah left the job! He of course made lots of du'aa and then after a while, through patience and perseverance, he got a new and better job, which allows him to pray on time, alhamdulillaah.
So, the point here I guess is that if you leave something for Allaah's sake, then He from His Mercy and Bounty would provide a way for you.
Similarly, sisters that don't wear hijab/abayah because they're scared that they will not get a job should be sincere inshaAllaah and wear their islamic attire for Allaah's sake, and He will provide for them.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
patience is always fruitfull..
And if we leave something for ALLAH, ALLAH will give us better one

I think ppl should be concerned about their ownselves, instead of worrying about what others are doing. (My comment is not directed to you, I'm just speaking in general). The best way to deal with this would be to give the person da'wah about hijab. I'll share one story I know, although it's not to do with hijab but you'll get the point.
A few years ago, in the UK, this brother was desperately looking for a job. He found a really good one, good pay and everything, but the problem was that his work time clashed with his prayer times. He discussed this with the manager, but was told that he would not be able to pray salaah on time. So based on that, the brother mashaAllaah left the job! He of course made lots of du'aa and then after a while, through patience and perseverance, he got a new and better job, which allows him to pray on time, alhamdulillaah.
So, the point here I guess is that if you leave something for Allaah's sake, then He from His Mercy and Bounty would provide a way for you.
Similarly, sisters that don't wear hijab/abayah because they're scared that they will not get a job should be sincere inshaAllaah and wear their islamic attire for Allaah's sake, and He will provide for them.

elysetexel

After reading all of this, Iam not sure what to do. Yes offcourse Iam affraid of wearing Hijab, because of loosing my job and family and friends. I know Allah will take care of me, and He looks in my heart and knows that Iam trying...,really trying to become a good Moslima. It's not about excuses or that you don't want to...,it's not that simple! I live on a small Island and here they are not open minded, here I have to speak really carefull or else I lose my job and even worse my livingplace and friends.
I want to wear Hijab, but as my Imam said. You need to take babysteps and let you guide on the way by Allah.' Telling to my family and friends that I became moslim was my first step.

Think about the sisters who have the same issue as me. Make dua for us but don't judge us please.

Iam sorry if I offent anyone, I never wanted to hurt anyones feelings. I just wanted to say whats in my heart.

salaam

Gernada1492

A Muslim
After reading all of this, Iam not sure what to do. Yes offcourse Iam affraid of wearing Hijab, because of loosing my job and family and friends. I know Allah will take care of me, and He looks in my heart and knows that Iam trying...,really trying to become a good Moslima. It's not about excuses or that you don't want to...,it's not that simple! I live on a small Island and here they are not open minded, here I have to speak really carefull or else I lose my job and even worse my livingplace and friends.
I want to wear Hijab, but as my Imam said. You need to take babysteps and let you guide on the way by Allah.' Telling to my family and friends that I became moslim was my first step.

Think about the sisters who have the same issue as me. Make dua for us but don't judge us please.

Iam sorry if I offent anyone, I never wanted to hurt anyones feelings. I just wanted to say whats in my heart.

salaam

Are you a revert sister?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

salaam

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

sister inshallah no one has the right to judge you but ALLAH.it's true that situations are at times tough for us and making decisions are even more hard.but having faith in ALLAH,believing that harm,calamity,ease and peace are all from HIM things become easy:)that's one BIG benefit of being a muslim.when things go wrng and we are confused then we should kno what is for ALLAH and go do it,with the strong duas and his mercy and help nothing can harm us:)as for the worries and fear that things may go wrong.these are whispers of shaitan.may ALLAH protect us from his whispers.

and yes step by step with each making you stronger:)