hannah name for muslim or just christians

mohammeduk

i have a daughter and have names her hannah but i finding confusing
in information i have found as to the christians she was the mother of samuel and in islam she was the mother of mariyam AS. i dont know any muslim girl with this name.

also, in chritianity it has similar story to islam as that she had no children and then she made supplication etc... the story is almost identical to the story in the quran, BUT then in christianity it goes on with the storey and it says that she bore a son named Samuel. In islam it goes saying that she had a daughter when she thought it would be a Male as she asked allah for male but the daughter was named Mariyam AS

in the Arabic there Hana but this name never suggests that it the name of Mariyam AS mother, it just gives the meaning of the name.

On some websites it says that Hannah is permissible in Islam as it was the name if Mother Mariyam AS.

I dont understand why Arabic name books dont mentioned this name as in mother if Mariyam AS but just has Hana with the meaning but never mentions that this was the name of Hazrat Mariyams mother

Please can someone help

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Umm..does her name matter that much?

My name is Amanda, which is not Arabic in nature. But does that make me less of a Muslim than a girl named Aisha?

A good friend (who is Muslim) once told me "Since your name is Amanda, and you are a Muslim, Amanda is now a Muslim name. Dont fret." Haha, such cute advice, and honestly, I do think its true.

yasser_cbe1986

Re Names

Dear Sister

Assalamualaikum

hope this mail finds you hale and healthy.Anyways this is my personal name
why can you continue with the same name?
1. Because it is the name of the mother of Maryam
2. Because it is not the of any Taaghoot(Any deity other than allah )

As far as my knowledge is concerned no where does islam force anybody to change there name to arabic.Unless it si not a beautiful name or teh name of taaghot OR A NAME THAT DENOTES SHIRK

anyways u call a person Abraham or IBRAHIM
DAVID OR DAAWUD

IT DOSENT MATTER MUCH AS LONG AS HE OR SHE IS A PRACTICING MUSLIM

Even my wifes name is AAsiya(Wife of Firaun(PHAROH))

the advantage of islamic name is that it gives u an identificatio and helps people to study and understand more about islam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
i have a daughter and have names her hannah but i finding confusing
in information i have found as to the christians she was the mother of samuel and in islam she was the mother of mariyam AS. i dont know any muslim girl with this name.

also, in chritianity it has similar story to islam as that she had no children and then she made supplication etc... the story is almost identical to the story in the quran, BUT then in christianity it goes on with the storey and it says that she bore a son named Samuel. In islam it goes saying that she had a daughter when she thought it would be a Male as she asked allah for male but the daughter was named Mariyam AS

in the Arabic there Hana but this name never suggests that it the name of Mariyam AS mother, it just gives the meaning of the name.

On some websites it says that Hannah is permissible in Islam as it was the name if Mother Mariyam AS.

I dont understand why Arabic name books dont mentioned this name as in mother if Mariyam AS but just has Hana with the meaning but never mentions that this was the name of Hazrat Mariyams mother

Please can someone help

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:
My brother,

Please click and visit this link below;

http://www.muslimrishtey.com/muslim_baby_names/baby_girls_names_h.php

:tti_sister:May Allah swt bless upon all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,
Take care!
~Wassalam :)

lily_mawar

Assalamualaykum Bro ....

Don't worry so much over the name ... as long as the name has good meaning, let it be then ...